UK lawmakers reject PM Johnson's request for early election

webfact

8 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Your faux intellectualism isn't negated by throwing in a couple of big words.

Social engineering? How so? Through equality and solid labour laws (many of which were initiated by the EU) the UK offers a fair playing ground to anyone that has the gumption to take advantage. I was one, coming from a very working class background to eventually own my own business. This was due in part to a great free education, an opportunity to move ahead in my career and being judged on ability. There was no social engineering other than upward mobility.

And I suppose you have a problem with positive discrimination, as it shows up the certain type of discrimination you have been getting away with for years.

Stop blaming everyone else for your own self-inflicted problems. And please stop trying to make it sound that your some sort of high-brow intellectual. You're not.  

Which are the big words? Those are all normal vocabulary for me..

Example of social engineering? You mean apart form the positive discrimination which you mentioned? How about political correctness. What do you think all that is about?

Creating social and labour policies conducive to business is the ordinary function of government. We don't need inter-cultural superstate interference to do that.  (sorry - 'conducive' means 'helping towards something')

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Boris has never been in the driving seat, he’s failing time after time.

If UK achieves full umbilical severance on 31 Oct the 17.4M plus whoever has since joined in won't care.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Did you not see #31?

Yep, however as your point had nothing pertinent to mine, I chose to point out johnson's inability to get anything done.

Including what you referred to.

Has he actually won a vote yet?

Edited by Bluespunk
Turns out I did read it
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yep, however as your point had nothing pertinent to mine, I chose to point out johnson's inability to get anything done.

Including what you referred to.

Has he actually won a vote yet?

He has a 100% failure rate, which is why he needs to prorogue Parliament, he believes can dictate, where he can’t govern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Your pusillanimity is not seeing your faults and pretending they're other than a mask for your own inherent discrimination.

Political correctness was a progressive trait welcomed by many who were sick of the rampant sexism, racism, homophobia, Islamophobia and Bernard Manning jokes about 'darkies' and 'nig-nogs'. Only those still doing such things would ever see it as anything other than the correct thing to do.

'We don't need inter-cultural superstate interference to do that' - but we needed the EU to introduce the Working Time Directive, to champion better working conditions for the working class, to push women's equality, to set global warming initiatives, clean air acts and minimum wages throughout it's member states.

Yeah, those people are just the worse.

No, we don't need the EU to do any of that, thanks. We can do it ourselves if we decide it is appropriate to our own culture.

And political correctness is not only a zero-sum game but weakens and thereby undermines civilisation in the long-run.

• Confused 3

54 minutes ago, vinniekintana said:

Make no mistake...it wasn't the EU that infected Blighty with PC and what not.

It was always there...Orwell and Huxley were not referring to an imaginary country in their seminal books.

This will bore everyone else, but I am interested - and as as we are talking about dystopias I think it is relevant to the modern Europe. I'm not seeing the prediction/warning about political correctness in those books though - can you explain?

Edit: Btw, Bluespunk: can we just assume you are confused about all my posts, by default - that would save you the trouble of clicking the icon every time.

Edited by JamesBlond
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Another if.

You are keen to give  umbers of voters you believe support Brexit but not so keen to see the claim put to the test.

I have only ever answered "bring it on" to which you (etc) have never ever offered a reply...

Moving on; More Red Meat on which you may choose to gorge.

Edited by evadgib
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He has a 100% failure rate, which is why he needs to prorogue Parliament, he believes can dictate, where he can’t govern.

As progation was announced before any votes were lost how did you reach such conclusion?

And given your claim to have 'watched everything in Parliament yesterday' what did you make of the exchanges between Berkow & members re the Tilbrook case & how it might effect these proceedings?

I won't bother uploading a link as you've seen it....

Edited by evadgib
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Every politician, worldwide, will always undertake everything possible to achieve his proper agenda. 

This include lying, redo according to the circumstances, being prejudiced. 

Claiming that some politicians are different is naïve or biased. 

Not on.    Farage is different from the other, lying two faced, pocket filing bstds.

You can fool all of the people some of the time,,  etc.

Edited by elliss

RE-LA-TI-VA-TE !

As a teen in that posh, quite traditional, Catholic school my mother had pushed me into, we had a compulsory maths side-course called 'commercial arithmetics', most of was, besides learning by heart the metric conversion of Britain's 'wealth'(?!) of weight, volume and measure units and practice what I still consider as pure Imperial lunacy. The most important part though, in time spent on it, was ...the intricate British currency system, I won't insist on this as it is still a painfull memory for my young, ...logical, brains.

To understand what follows more easily, allow me this preamble: at the introduction of the €, the set conversion was: 2 DM for 1 €, and 40.33 BeLux F for 1 €. Please keep this in mind for what follows.

It brings me to the heart of the matter: the relative value of the British pound.

When the course started, we are mid' 1960s, the, though still recent, printed booklets we got, in their examples and practice part, referred to the £ at a rate of 240 BeLux Franc for 1 £ (N.B.: at that time the the DM rate was 12 BeLux F for 1 DM), the pupils had to painstakingly adapt the whole stuff to the more recent rate, ...of 180 to 1 £. ...a 25% 'drop' in a matter of a few years!

At the time I finished the cycle, 3 years later, the £ had dropped below 150 and closing on 120, so nearing the equivalent of 3 €, ...losing 50% of its value over my 6 years secundary education period of time! Any Brit here, 'leaver' or 'remainer' not understanding how fast the £, the mirror of the British economical, financial, ...and social facets was dropping, like lead?

When the UK joined the EEC, like grapping a safety buoey, the £ was about (converted to present) 1 £ for about 2.25 €, and after joining, though going on losing value, 'stabilised' for a long period into a bracket between (converted to present) 1 £ for 1.75 to 2 €.

...And nowadays, it's about 1 £ for 1.10 € ! 

These figures do not lie about the 'evolution' of the UK, alas.

I have already elsewhere pinpointed that, as per today, as the result of turpitude and blackmail, the UK is only made to pay HALF, 50%, of the contribution it should have been due to pay to the EEC/EU.

I have had a few hot reactions from Brexiteers on that. Maybe coming of a black hole, they were possibly even born in...

No, not that I want to insult them, but whether they don't know about the factual figures I wrote hereabove, or, they're damned hypocrites!

As, when you RE-LA-TI-VA-TE the figures hereabove, you realise that the contribution, contractually agreed by both sides, of the UK evoluated from a mere 'tip' compared to what the other, older members were paying p.p., Germany in front, and very much the more so considering the UK has ever only paid half, 50%, of it!

BUT the whole British 'situation' has been over the years, as a, sadly, constant factor, being falling further and further into the drain! And, no-no-no, this is not linked with the EU, it's Britisch home made stuff! Denial, do I hear, LOL!

The deep ditch you worked yourselves into, you only have to reproach yourselves about, not the EU!

Of course, I do understand how it must feel having to pay, even half of, your contribution, now that your currency's value has fallen big-time to, again, 50% of its value, this time related to the value it had kept when you entered the EEC compared to today!

Also, do-not-forget the hundred of Billions which have been flowing from the continental European members towards new-member Britain in the years following your membership, in too many help, support and reform plans to list, have by now long dried up, ...or disappeared in deep pockets it did not belong into (N.B.: the UK in taht not an exception, and far from as bad as many other, newer, member-States).

Put the two last paragraphs together, and there shines the light, the day-clear answer telling what in recent time makes from the UK, indeed, a 'net contributor'. And how it came to that. ...And now there is no more free buffet to feed on, you need to go on opening your wallet for a time, you want to leave the table, like BoJo &Co., without paying your bill? How nice...

And sorry, 1,000 times sorry, but you did it all to yourselves, look into the mirror, the swamp you go on sinking in has nothing ado with the EU, and nobody, nothing outside of yourselves!

No, I don't want the Brits to, en-masse, commit sepuku, BUT:

RE-LA-TI-VA-TE !

(for us all's sake, please, do!)

P.S.: Your 'bill' would have been a lot lower (no more dropping exchange rates...) when you would have chosen for the €, as a continental EU citizen, inside the € zone, I thank God you did not, though... 

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JamesBlond said:

No, we don't need the EU to do any of that, thanks. We can do it ourselves if we decide it is appropriate to our own culture.

And political correctness is not only a zero-sum game but weakens and thereby undermines civilisation in the long-run.

The "any of that" you are referring to are not cultural issues, and you have your tenses wrong.  We needed the EU to do that not "we need".  After all we had not done it ourselves had we?

I can't believe you make the ridiculous assertation that the EU are somehow to to blame for political correctness in the UK.  Truly bonkers even for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, elliss said:

Not on.    Farage is different from the other, lying two faced, pocket filing bstds.

When you mean Farage is one of the worst politico in British History, and maybe the most dangerous one since the demise of fascist Mosley at the start of WW2, I totally agree with you.

(When the guy would scratch himself, he would be dead within minutes, poisoned, LOL!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, elliss said:

When 'your' Farage will have lost the very high allowance he gets as a EU MP (sad for the kins and friends who are part of his 'aeropage' too...), maybe he could ambiate for the role of the, vicious ultra-bad, 'clown' in a next Batman sequel, just perfect for it, only needs to be his true self, without any make-up, LOL!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elliss said:

But we are agreed that Farage is a two faced pocket fill bstd.  Just different from the others, right?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

As progation was announced before any votes were lost how did you reach such conclusion?

And given your claim to have 'watched everything in Parliament yesterday' what did you make of the exchanges between Berkow & members re the Tilbrook case & how it might effect these proceedings?

I won't bother uploading a link as you've seen it....

I think Boris is not so stupid as to not understand parliament's view on his plans.  I accept I may be opening myself to criticism of extravagant flattery but I fail to believe any Prime Minister could be ... OFFSWB

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/sep/05/brexit-lords--blow--boris-johnson-pass-bill-stopping-no-deal-politics-live
Starting at 16.54 from live feed 
 you can see the released court  notes all about the prorogatian planning

1 example from more ….

2019-09-05_225914.png

Edited by david555

13 hours ago, evadgib said:

I've just sat through 2hrs of various UK news inc ITV's 'Peston' where there wasn't a single Brexiter to be found, other than BJ himself on the latter. 

Do MSM seriously believe the general public cannot see through their complicit agenda?

A petition surfaced elsewhere this morning calling for Bercow to be sacked. 

(yeah I know but I signed it anyway).

You should expand your access to UK media!

Two examples, on Jeremy Vine's radio 2 show last Tuesday; two Brexit supporters, one Remain. (I've not listened to him since Tuesday as I was listening to events at Old Trafford Yesterday and today when Vine's programme is on.)

Question Time tonight:

Kwasi Kwarteng MP, Conservative, for Brexit;

Emily Thornberry MP, Labour, for Remain;

Layla Moran MP, LibDem, for Brexit, but not no deal;

Ian Blackford MP, SNP, for Remain;

Richard Tice MEP, Brexit Party, for Brexit (of course)

Iain Dale, journalist, for Brexit.

That's four Brexit supporters to two Remain ones.

Add on Tuesday's Vine show and that's six Brexiteers to three Remainers. Should I complain to OfCom about this blatant BBC bias?

Crikey just watching Johnson live giving a speech at Police HQ in Leeds - absolutely awful , flanneling , bad jokes , ereing and aarghing....definately wounded. Corbyn mustn't fall into the trap of letting an election before 31st and watch him start to unravel whilst Corbyn becomes a sane statesmen. Destroy his 31st deadline let Farage destroy his majority at the polls.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

You should expand your access to UK media!

Two examples, on Jeremy Vine's radio 2 show last Tuesday; two Brexit supporters, one Remain. (I've not listened to him since Tuesday as I was listening to events at Old Trafford Yesterday and today when Vine's programme is on.)

Question Time tonight:

Kwasi Kwarteng MP, Conservative, for Brexit;

Emily Thornberry MP, Labour, for Remain;

Layla Moran MP, LibDem, for Brexit, but not no deal;

Ian Blackford MP, SNP, for Remain;

Richard Tice MEP, Brexit Party, for Brexit (of course)

Iain Dale, journalist, for Brexit.

That's four Brexit supporters to two Remain ones.

Add on Tuesday's Vine show and that's six Brexiteers to three Remainers. Should I complain to OfCom about this blatant BBC bias?

I'm not sure when I will need to rely on this, but when I get sectioned for the asylum, I'm going to request that as many loonies as sane people are involved in my assessment.  Even if they have no clue about the case or what they are talking about.  

24 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Crikey just watching Johnson live giving a speech at Police HQ in Leeds - absolutely awful , flanneling , bad jokes , ereing and aarghing....definately wounded. Corbyn mustn't fall into the trap of letting an election before 31st and watch him start to unravel whilst Corbyn becomes a sane statesmen. Destroy his 31st deadline let Farage destroy his majority at the polls.

"just watching Johnson live giving a speech at Police HQ in Leeds..."
I trust he was The Accused

I can't believe you make the ridiculous assertation that the EU are somehow to to blame for political correctness in the UK.  Truly bonkers even for you.

Is it purely coincidental that the tendencies for PCness, europhillia, federalism, leftism, constant moaning and insults are all found in abundance among Remainers?

18 hours ago, evadgib said:

Repealing the fixed term parliament act would place Boris back in the driving seat and would neuter the Hobbit.

17 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

And how would he get that through? Threaten to sack people?

It would of course only get through  if a (Tory) majority  government  were to be elected. Ironically  it is being used to ensure  that an election,  the only realistic  way out of the current  impasse,  cannot  be held,  as it would  very possibly  result in a Tory majority  government.

The Fixed Term Parliament Act (FTP act) was a result  of the Coalition Government. Very much the child of the Lib Dems it is now being misused (or perhaps used as intended)  to stand in the way of a democratic  resolution  of this impasse. Without the antics of the opposition  parties an election  could be held before the 31st of October.  If the election resulted in a "remain government" then I should imagine that the EU stands ready to allow an extension  - it is no exaggeration  to suggest  that such an extension could be  granted  as late  as 2359 hours on the 31st of October ! If the election  were to result in a Johnson Government  being returned it would result in leaving as planned. 

It's difficult  to escape  the conclusion,  reinforced by Tony Blair's recent comments,  that the opposition  are avoiding  an election  because they suspect that they would  lose it. 

• Like 1