Nonthaburi License Renewal Today

gkroo

Just an update for those of you wishing to renew your 5 yr license at Nonthaburi Land Transport Office.

Went at 0930 today armed with all the paperwork supposedly required. Lady at information counter went thru all the docs and returned the Imm Residency letter and Medical Cert saying that they are not required !!! Gave me a number and requested that I return at 1.00pm to view the video. Returned at 1.00pm and was shepherded into a room with another 30 persons to watch video on the basic road rules,no horrific crashes !! (all in Thai,no sub titles) and then a Thai official then gave a small lecture,total duration 1 hour. We all then went into another room where we needed to pass the colour test machine with red,yellow & green lights flashing up on the sides of a screen. Then it was time to level up the sticks in a perception test, then all done with no accelerator & stop pedal test at all,payed THB 550 and walked out with a new license at 2.30pm. 

3 hours ago, gkroo said:

Lady at information counter went thru all the docs and returned the Imm Residency letter and Medical Cert saying that they are not required !!!

Medical cert. is indeed not required for 5yr to 5yr.

But that the proof of residency is not required surprises me.

It's against the written rules.

Another example that you best check beforehand at your relevant office.

Archived