How much per month in Phnom Phen ?

coollife99

I can't see the point in living in these places if the costs is comparable with the west, saving money is part of the point, it's not just about women, and living in an exotic place.

I've challenged my Khmer friends to beat the prices I can get in provincial Thailand.

It seems to me that the sensible thing is to have a "JV" of sorts with a local, and let them sort out all your needs, and you scratch their back appropriately. That's pretty much the best approach in most countries.

They themselves travel to BKK frequently for healthcare, so I pay attention to what they do.

My Khmer friends (who are very familiar with Thailand so can compare) definitely agree with the concerns over Cambodian road safety and utility bills as well as healthcare. I think you can live cheaper than Thailand if you don't live near where the Chinese are, and if you use a local "proxy" to get you the important things.

35 minutes ago, CaptainNemo said:

I can't see the point in living in these places if the costs is comparable with the west, saving money is part of the point, it's not just about women, and living in an exotic place.

Housing is all that counts.

My pals studio flat in London cost 600,000 pounds.

My 3 bed house in Chiang Mai cost 40,000 pounds.

Now tell me how much a condo is in Phnom Penh?

On 9/18/2019 at 8:05 AM, CaptainNemo said:

My Khmer friends (who are very familiar with Thailand so can compare) definitely agree with the concerns over Cambodian road safety and utility bills as well as healthcare. 

there are many reasons thailand is preferably to cambodia but I think road safety and utility bills are not them. roads are safer in cambodia because they dont speed like the thais, even if they are worse drivers which is unlikely. and I dont understand the utility bill issue. I pay $20 a month for electricity and $2.50 for water, and a $15 gas bottle every 3 months for cooking. I dont know if thats more or less than thailand but unless you are on an extreme budget I dont see it as an issue. maybe some people are getting scammed, which would be an actual genuine reason for avoiding the place, and losing water and power at the peak of the hot season in PP which is likely going to happen every year as the government has stopped governing is also a good reason to avoid the place. but worries about road safety, utility bills and even healthcare are exaggerated

On 9/18/2019 at 8:36 AM, BritManToo said:

Housing is all that counts.

My pals studio flat in London cost 600,000 pounds.

My 3 bed house in Chiang Mai cost 40,000 pounds.

Now tell me how much a condo is in Phnom Penh?

dont know but rent is about the same as pattaya, I wouldnt want to buy a place here

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Regardless of what it costs, what is there to do there? I mean in terms of keeping yourself busy for say 30 days or so....and not going to bars.

You do exactly the same as you were doing in Pattaya.

But with younger women as the bar girls are legal at 18, and there's plenty in the bar at that age.

And with cheaper beer $1 and lady drinks $1.50, and cannabis widely available.

In some bars they were selling ready rolled joints to smoke with your beer.

In some Pizza restaurants, cannabis was one of the offered toppings.

Very nice river walk/running/cycling path, that occupied 2hrs of every morning for me.

Phnom Penh.jpg

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You do exactly the same as you were doing in Pattaya.

But with younger women as the bar girls are legal at 18, and there's plenty in the bar at that age.

And with cheaper beer $1 and lady drinks $1.50, and cannabis widely available.

In some bars they were selling ready rolled joints to smoke with your beer.

In some Pizza restaurants, cannabis was one of the offered toppings.

Very nice river walk/running/cycling path, that occupied 2hrs of every morning for me.

Phnom Penh.jpg

So basically get up late, fire up, take a walk down the Esplanade and go get laid. 

OK that should amuse me for a week or so, see ya there!

On 9/5/2019 at 6:10 PM, Destiny1990 said:

I wouldn’t want to live there even for free.

Name us one good thing about PP?

Pate Knom Pang Yaang.

Charred flattened buffalomeat, with sour papaya condiment and a fiery sauce on a crispy white bun. Absolute heaven.

Archived