DHL Fedex:

Darcy Glinto

10 minutes ago, Darcy Glinto said:

But if you use PayPal to make a purchase as I did, and then tell Fedex to GFT, as I did, and then opened a case with PalPal I was awarded ALL of my money back: $142.

What a load of <deleted>.

Paypal will investigate case by case, and will not refund if recipient refuse to pay import dties on his order.

Seems OP doesn't even know the difference between a postal service and a private courier service

• Confused 1

The OP is wrong - it's not a NEW jet ski scam.

It's a very old jet ski scam, been going on prolly before the first actual ever jet ski scam, so theoretically, it could be classed as the very first jet ski scam.

The original, no less....

But otherwise, yes he's correct, they are thieving scumbags.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

But otherwise, yes he's correct, they are thieving scumbags.

I always thought that thieves are those that steal something, like for example stealing by not paying the legally required import duties on items from abroad.

On items sent by post there is a threshold of 1500 Baht before you are charged, but that doesn't account for private couriers, so if the OP wanted to avoid paying he should have done a search on this forum and selected shipping by postal services.

Anyway, as far as my calculations go, 132$ is way above that 1500 Baht

I was hit with their paperwork fee recently too, even though you pay all the fees up front the thai company running it for them charges you to make extra profit, problem is dhl/fedex refuse to do anything about it so I no longer will use them or not buy from anyone that insists on using them

Agreed ^^^ avoid if possible.

BUT.

I recently received a package from a Chinese supplier, correctly declared for value and customs tariff code.

Shipped by FedEx I was expecting to be fleeced.

Charged duty plus VAT only, no handling fees.

CIF value was about $120 US.

6 hours ago, ThePioneer said:

What a load of <deleted>.

Paypal will investigate case by case, and will not refund if recipient refuse to pay import dties on his order.

Seems OP doesn't even know the difference between a postal service and a private courier service

I never got to the import duty stage: what I got back from PayPal was exactly what I paid the vendor.

• Like 1