Void stamp on tourist visa from HCMC

22 hours ago, wallywest said:

Hey thank you, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Yeah I've already spend around $2,500 on flights to Thailand, hotel, etc. So spending another few hundred to try to fly in is worth it even if there's a 1% chance I suppose. 

This is the advice I was looking for, gonna go ahead and book my Chiang Mai flight. I'll update ya'll, thanks a lot.

That was not the ADVICE you were looking for. That was the ANSWER you were looking for.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

If she said do a 30-day visa on arrival, can't you just extend for 30 says at Immig. office?

A 30 day visa exempt entry can be extended by 30 days, but a serial tourist has the chance of being denied entry. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wallywest said:

Hey everyone I made it in Thailand, thanks a lot for the suggestions/advice.

Arrived at CM Immigration and handed over my pp/arrival card and only got asked by him if I had a visa or not, I answered no since I'm staying less than 30 days and he finished stamping me before I even finished answering the question. Was through in less than 60 seconds.

Thanks a lot.

Great to hear you made it, and thanks for letting us know. Probably best for you to get a new passport to 'get rid of' that nasty voided TV. A blank passport will at least enable you to apply for visas again, as embassies are still not connected to the immigration database and can see only what is in your current passport. 

On 9/6/2019 at 9:51 AM, wallywest said:

I planned on an Elite Visa but was rejected because I have more than 1 day overstay in the past 3 years, so I have to wait on that.

Hello,

where you been rejected? 2 month earlier I asked if can get Elite Visa if only one overstay - the answer was yes. Anybody any informations about some changes, or if I got wrong informations?

Thanks.

8 hours ago, MZsolt said:

Hello,

where you been rejected? 2 month earlier I asked if can get Elite Visa if only one overstay - the answer was yes. Anybody any informations about some changes, or if I got wrong informations?

Thanks.

1 day is what is said to be fine, I have more than 1 day overstay.

9 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

Wally,

You on a short lease from immigration and you know it. You have been living in Thailand for ~3 years on various Ed and tourist visas. You were lucky for now, but coming back to Thailand again might not work. You need a better plan. Unfortunately the advice you get here might be based on past reality but the reality of today is not the same. 

They know you are doing something to get money and immigration is not happy. I don't want to give you advice, because I have no experience. I only know that there have been many reports of rejection for "staying too long without the proper visa". 

Don't blame the IO for your behaviors.

I didn't blame anyone for anything that has happened thus far, so not sure where you're getting that assumption from. I know I'm pushing the limits which is why I tried getting the Elite Visa but it didn't work out, so now I'm going with a different option. This is the last tourist visa that I'll get, I only got it in the first place because the Elite fell through and it was last minute decision, I have it handled from now on so I'm not looking for anymore advice.

8 hours ago, Deli said:

A new Passport may not help, as they have a record of all you ins and outs. I have been shown a record of my travel, also domestically, when renewing my Visa lately.

How would a Thailand consular office in another country be able to see travel, esp. domestically, in a new passport?

11 hours ago, wallywest said:

1 day is what is said to be fine, I have more than 1 day overstay.

I called them and they told me that one overstay can be OK even if its about more days (like 10 days for exemple).

You had even more then 10 days?

• Like 1