2019 International Anti-Corruption Day activities

webfact

2019 International Anti-Corruption Day activities

52194dc09647042cf7d46ebaf3797b7d_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand held the International Anti-Corruption Day event, encouraging all Thai people to fight against corruption as volunteers in the cause.

The opening ceremony of the event this year featured special remarks by Privy Councillor Gen Paiboon Khumchaya, in which he said he has been working with Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha, who is serious about the suppression of corruption.

He pointed out that there are still many corruption cases before the courts in Thailand, requiring all citizens to help solve the issue which often stems from power and greed, in some cases involving career advancement or the safety of lives and property, leading to delays in corruption investigations.

He said it isn’t easy to eliminate corruption in society, but eventually all cases will end up in the justice system which must provide justice and fairness to all. He also praised the Anti-Corruption Organization of Thailand (ACT) for its continued efforts against corruption.

The Privy Councillor said it is now time for a leader to find ways to solve corruption issues, and for the ACT to lead volunteers and related sectors to eliminate corruption.

ACT Chairman Wichian Pongsathorn said on this occasion that the International Anti-Corruption Day event is aimed at promoting public participation in fighting corruption and protecting national benefits in ways they are capable of, which will create a social movement against all kinds of corruption and leave no place for corrupt persons in society. The organization will also be strengthening its anti-corruption network, and extending its cooperation with the general public, government organizations, and private companies.

nnt.jpg
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thailand held the International Anti-Corruption Day event, encouraging all Thai people to fight against corruption as volunteers in the cause.

It's Friday and and happy hour comedy. Rank this news as foolish as this.

Urinals according to "size"? Why size matters in the Thai gents!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The opening ceremony of the event this year featured special remarks by Privy Councillor Gen Paiboon Khumchaya, in which he said he has been working with Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha, who is serious about the suppression of corruption.

Now I really cannot believe the full utter <deleted> I just read. Well I guess I have to as they were elected and he was nominated fair and square. But if the discussion did come up, how would you arrest a person and people under immunity?

• Like 2

I did not realise that Thai International Comedy Festival was holding a "fringe event" entitled 2019 International Anti-Corruption Day activities

Is there a sealed box to name the corrupt officers and public servants to the Corruption Commission, so they can get their cut?

• Haha 1

Does this qualify for the "paid snitch program" (recent topic)?

If so, I suggest the payola should be a percentage of the ilgotten gains.

Even a finder's fee of the usual 10% would represent BIG money in some cases (and maybe a visit from a Stryker).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The opening ceremony of the event this year featured special remarks by Privy Councillor Gen Paiboon Khumchaya, in which he said he has been working with Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha, who is serious about the suppression of corruption

Pee baby.jpeg