Hard work getting a visa ..HELP

Hello ..im looking for some help here any advice is appreciated.. first of all i live in france 6 months thailand 6 months .im married to a thai national have a son there .normally i get my 12 mth multi entry from a visa company in paris they do the leg work and charge me 70 euros   not bad considering all is taken care of all i pay extra just for the visa itself  but from 1 sept all rules at thai embassy changed all online you might think that is better but its a nightmare the amount stuff involved...first create an accont ..wait 3 days for acceptance ..then must pdf all docs to them ..then wait ..if all ok must wait for apointment to take docs to paris cannot send ..then wait for appointment to collect ..BUT  they have specified that a guarentee to give an appointment before i leave cannot be given and all money paid will be lost ..i contacted the visa company i work with normaly they said impossible to work with the Thais  with these changes and that from now on People must do their own ..thats how bad it is if visa companys are willing to lose money and work ...so does anyone know an answer i can try and do it but i leave in 5 weeks ..but if they still have my passport im not going nowhere ..does anyone know a reputable company in or around pattaya i have to go there for a week or so before i go home in the north ..so that gives me 30 days im also retiring this year ..plus im married ..can this help 1 prob is i have cash in my French account to be able to get my visa here the same as you would need in a thai one ..i have money in my wifes name in an acount but dont have the 800.000 id need without changing euros and as we all know not the best time to be changing large amounts of cash with this rate so anythig you think might help it normaly costs me 9000 bht approx for the 1 year multi entry so any approx cost you might be able to give ..Tks 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

i have money in my wifes name in an acount but dont have the 800.000 id need

If your marriage is registered, you only need 400,000 THB in the bank for a yearly extension. However, I believe the account must be in your name only (must be for the retirement extension).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, timendres said:

If your marriage is registered, you only need 400,000 THB in the bank for a yearly extension. However, I believe the account must be in your name only (must be for the retirement extension).

Yes the marriage is all registered so is my address there i have an identity card and sufficient medical cover ..its it a better option for a marriage visa ..retirement visa or just to try to get my 1 year stay  do you know more about this tks 

Option of going to savanakhet and getting a non o multi entry visa based on marriage there.

No funds needed just 5k for visa.

Copy your passport 

Wife's blue book house page and her entry page and id card front and back wife to sign both.

All marriage papers flowery original and copy. Tuesday/Wednesday best days

Just giving you another option

• Like 2

Yes, BritTim is right. The Paris office is a nightmare. They have a super complicated system, and who wants to travel 1000km to pick up a visa ? They are doing  Thailand a great disservice ! The visa companies have stoppéd  dealing with them, goes to show how bad they are. Unwelcoming and lacking “ politesse “, they are refusing  people’s tourist visas by the dozen. And if your air ticket is over 60 days, forget it, even though you have flights out elsewhere.

• Like 1

@Harveyboy

Your agent has given you misleading information.

Thailand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs are rolling out a new E-Visa online application system.

China, France and the UK were chosen as the first to trial this system.

The Non Imm O ME Visa is no longer available using this system, it's been withdrawn.

Being married to a Thai you now have two options to fit your criteria.

1. You can still obtain the Non Imm O ME from Thai Embassies/Consulates local to Thailand.

Savannakhet, Lao and HCMC, Vietnam being the most common as no proof of funds required.

You could enter Thailand Visa exempt, then apply for the Visa locally.

2. Obtain the single entry Non Imm O Visa from the Thai Embassy Paris.

Within the last 30 days of that 90 day entry apply for a 1 year extension (a permit, not a Visa) based on marriage from your local Immigration office.

The financial requirement is 400K THB deposited in a Thai bank account in your sole name for 2 months prior to the date of application. 

You can purchase either a single (1,000 BHT), or multiple (3,800 BHT) re-entry permit which allows you to exit/re-enter Thailand to keep any permission of stay valid.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, fourpack said:

Option of going to savanakhet and getting a non o multi entry visa based on marriage there.

No funds needed just 5k for visa.

Copy your passport 

Wife's blue book house page and her entry page and id card front and back wife to sign both.

All marriage papers flowery original and copy. Tuesday/Wednesday best days

Just giving you another option

This sounds easy do you know anyone who has done it ..do i need appointment ..is there anything else i need to know thanks for the help

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

@Harveyboy

Your agent has given you misleading information.

Thailand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs are rolling out a new E-Visa online application system.

China, France and the UK were chosen as the first to trial this system.

The Non Imm O ME Visa is no longer available using this system, it's been withdrawn.

Being married to a Thai you now have two options to fit your criteria.

1. You can still obtain the Non Imm O ME from Thai Embassies/Consulates local to Thailand.

Savannakhet, Lao and HCMC, Vietnam being the most common as no proof of funds required.

You could enter Thailand Visa exempt, then apply for the Visa locally.

2. Obtain the single entry Non Imm O Visa from the Thai Embassy Paris.

Within the last 30 days of that 90 day entry apply for a 1 year extension (a permit, not a Visa) based on marriage from your local Immigration office.

The financial requirement is 400K THB deposited in a Thai bank account in your sole name for 2 months prior to the date of application. 

You can purchase either a single (1,000 BHT), or multiple (3,800 BHT) re-entry permit which allows you to exit/re-enter Thailand to keep any permission of stay valid.

Thanks ..bloody nightmare why change the system ..perhaps because the other was working good eh   ha.

3 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

This sounds easy do you know anyone who has done it ..do i need appointment ..is there anything else i need to know thanks for the help

Thousand do it!

No appointment necessary at the moment.

Avoid Mondays and Thursday due to Visa van runners.

You apply am, stay overnight and collect Passport and Visa pm next day.

Passport.

Completed application form.

Fee.

Original marriage certificate.

Copy of marriage certificate.

Copy of wife's Tabien Bann (Blue house book)

Copy of wife's ID card.

Sign the copies.

12 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

Thanks ..bloody nightmare why change the system ..perhaps because the other was working good eh   ha.

I can only speculate because it's being abused by so many as a means to stay permanently in Thailand, when it was intended for those who frequently have reason to visit their Thai wife/family.

If i can change over euro into thai baht for the 400.000 ..dont really want to with tne rate but if i did what is the easiest option then to get a visa ..marriage ..not sure if retirement is more ..or even which is best ..Help required ..so ill get 30 days on entry can i get something sorted in that time tks 

18 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

If i can change over euro into thai baht for the 400.000 ..dont really want to with tne rate but if i did what is the easiest option then to get a visa ..marriage ..not sure if retirement is more ..or even which is best ..Help required ..so ill get 30 days on entry can i get something sorted in that time tks 

The various options for retiring in Thailand involve more money than staying based on marriage to a Thai. If you enter Thailand visa exempt (30 days) after transferring money (usually 400,,000 baht, but some foreign currency accounts at Thai banks are acceptable) into a Thai bank account, you can apply to "convert" your tourist entry into a 90-day non immigrant entry with a view to a one-year extension based on marriage to a Thai. If you do not want to go somewhere for a Non O visa, this is probably your best bet.

55 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The various options for retiring in Thailand involve more money than staying based on marriage to a Thai. If you enter Thailand visa exempt (30 days) after transferring money (usually 400,,000 baht, but some foreign currency accounts at Thai banks are acceptable) into a Thai bank account, you can apply to "convert" your tourist entry into a 90-day non immigrant entry with a view to a one-year extension based on marriage to a Thai. If you do not want to go somewhere for a Non O visa, this is probably your best bet.

I just did exactly that,except I came in on a SETV from the states($40). After 30 days I applied for a conversion  to a Non O . The IO just sent the paper work into Bangkok

Edited by riclag

9 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

You could obtain the single entry Non Imm O Visa from France, which would allow an entry of 90 days.

This allows you the time required to transfer 400K THB into a Thai bank, season it for 2 months, then apply directly for the 1 year extension based on marriage within the last 30 days of the 90 day entry.

OR

You also have the option of using the income method (40K per month) rather than the 400K lump sum.

Proof of two International transfers of a minimum of 40K THB per month also qualifies you to apply for a 1 year extension.

OR

You can obtain a letter of Income from the French Embassy in Bangkok attesting to your income.

As already mentioned you could enter Visa exempt (30 days) then convert the VE to a Non O, then to a subsequent extension based on marriage. This however takes time, with a number of trips to your local Immigration office.

Edited by Tanoshi

21 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

It IS Very Easy at Savanakhet ( Well for the present time,That is ) I've Done it Many times over the last few years.....Just Make SURE You have everything on THAT List....

Edited by Nong Khai Man

21 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Thousand do it!

Passport.

Fee.

Copy of wife's ID card.

Sign the copies.

You Forgot The Passport PHOTO'S......

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Thousand do it!

Passport.

Fee.

Copy of wife's ID card.

Sign the copies.

Would my wife need to go with me as she works ...would be a problem to go for a few days with her job 

10 hours ago, riclag said:

I just did exactly that,except I came in on a SETV from the states($40). After 30 days I applied for a conversion  to a Non O . The IO just sent the paper work into Bangkok

Yes but could i use my foriegn account in France if i had revelent paperwork and an attistation of funds or does money have to be in thailand 

2 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

Would my wife need to go with me as she works ...would be a problem to go for a few days with her job 

You wife does not need to be with you.

Just be sure you have copies of her house book registry and ID card signed by her.

1 minute ago, Harveyboy said:

Yes but could i use my foriegn account in France if i had revelent paperwork and an attistation of funds or does money have to be in thailand 

To apply at immigration here the 400k baht has to be in a Thai bank in your name only. Or if you can prove at least 40k baht income that can be used.