Opposition to block UK PM Johnson's early election bid

rooster59

24 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Despite the backsop not existing then, the issue of the Irish border, Good Friday Agreement and membership of the EU or at least in this context the customs union certainly did. And what solution does Johnson have after all this time?

Deviation - lose one point.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

You mean the one you changed? I don't know. Boris is probably expecting that any negotiations will be as confidential as they have been throughout. 

So confidential, that nobody at the EU know anything about it.

Or the latest lie of Boris the Liar ? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Basil B said:

I think it is after Johnson has gone to Europe and got the extension that Boris will get his election,  and I doubt it will be by way of a Early Election Motion that Boris will need 434 votes in favour, I suspect just before the division bells go on Monday Boris will have secured the extension, more over I think Corbyn may just pull a flanker and call a vote of no confidence in the Government before the Early Election vote can take place, just to make it more humiliating for Boris.

And while they play their silly little games britain suffers

Just now, jethro69 said:

One thing for sure. If this mess would happend in China. Cameron and every Idiot after would have been shoot in a Public place. And they would have deserved it.

In the contrary.  The referendum results would have been friggged, and Cameron would have had plenty other people shot.

The thing about dictatorships is that dictators are not always on our side.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jethro69 said:

One thing for sure. If this mess would happend in China. Cameron and every Idiot after would have been shoot in a Public place. And they would have deserved it.

ould happen in Hong Kong if anyone were to suggest Hong Kong Independence...

You mean the one you changed? I don't know. Boris is probably expecting that any negotiations will be as confidential as they have been throughout. 
There is not even one Hard Brexiteer in the whole of the UK who believes that Boris Johnson is conducting any meaningful negotiations whatsoever. Secondly, they would be extremely upset if they thought he was. And thirdly, all of them have been at pains to tell us that no-deal is the only pathway. So any suggestion otherwise is cobblers from beginning to end.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

There is not even one Hard Brexiteer in the whole of the UK who believes that Boris Johnson is conducting any meaningful negotiations whatsoever. Secondly, they would be extremely upset if they thought he was. And thirdly, all of them have been at pains to tell us that no-deal is the only pathway. So any suggestion otherwise is cobblers from beginning to end.

I didn't say that Boris Johnson is conducting any negotiations but I do think that most leavers would be happy if he was at least trying. The so-called "Hard Brexiteers" you imagine and seem to be so obsessed with, who favour no deal at all, are rather few. So cobblers back in a bag.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I didn't say that Boris Johnson is conducting any negotiations but I do think that most leavers would be happy if he was at least trying. The so-called "Hard Brexiteers" you imagine and seem to be so obsessed with, who favour no deal at all, are rather few. So cobblers back in a bag.

IMO that ridiculous phrase (in the hands of a serial poster) should be treated in much the same way as is happening in the other direction in a practice to which this oik have given his name...

Image result for bercow

'Bercow-ing!'

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Spot on. 

Amber Rudd quits government over Johnson's Brexit stance https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49623737

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, GuyFawkes said:

Amber Rudd gone!  Thank God.   This will make the pact with the Brexit Party much easier.  Come on Boris make that call to Nigel.

If we fail to leave on 31st October and the GE starting gun is fired in November I foresee BJ and the entire ERG jumping ship and joining Farage.

Edited by evadgib

More cobblers. Hard Brexiteers want no-deal only. Straight off the cliff and no messing. Confusing them and the rest a fake pass from the extremists. As it has been from Day 1 with this PM.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I guess you would be happy to live in country without democracy, because that is what you are saying and supporting. That's how democracy works. People have beliefs, whether different from yours but no our MP's have shown they are self serving. I look forward to their day of judgement. That goes for the remainers who are against democracy.

You mean like gagging the speaker???

Once again the speaker allowed the commons to put a bill that was democratically voted on an passed proving he was right to do so, what would have been undemocratic was if he had blocked it as the government wanted.

I guess you would be happy to live in country without democracy, because that is what you are saying and supporting. That's how democracy works. People have beliefs, whether different from yours but no our MP's have shown they are self serving. I look forward to their day of judgement. That goes for the remainers who are against democracy.
Hard Brexiteers and their not so veiled threats. Doesn't take all that much for the snarls to pop out again.

On 9/7/2019 at 9:51 AM, Blue Muton said:

How long before "Leavers" brand Johnson and Cummings as traitors for failing to deliver what they want? Didn't take them long to turn on May and remember Johnson was really pro-EU before he saw an opportunity to further his career when offered the chance to head up the leave campaign.

Teresa May was a Remainer from day and "promised" the country that she could and would deliver Brexit by 29th March 2019. She also said that a No Deal was better than a bad deal. She and her cabinet cabal of Remainers and negotiators have put the UK in the position that it is in now.

What did she achieve in 3 years? SWFA.

Had you all conveniently forgotten that?

How can leavers blame Johnson and Cummings as traitors when the have only had a few weeks to try to unsnarl the FUBAR the the previous government took 3 years to achieve?

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 11:56 AM, ThaiBunny said:

The report came from the Independent newspaper.

A bastion of independence with not a single biased staff member or owner.

On 9/7/2019 at 4:15 PM, Blue Muton said:

A referendum on the current alternatives (which were not known three years ago) is what should decide. As there seem to be three alternatives, a transferable vote should be used if none of the alternatives get 50%. The referendum should be binding (unlike the earlier one). General elections are for electing MP's.

So, is it your opinion it is permissible to hold a second referendum before completing the first one?

If so then, please explain why.

On 9/7/2019 at 4:22 PM, Blue Muton said:

They're supposed to be fought within electoral law, perhaps the leave team will try to stay within it this time. BTW, where have you been these past three years if you think the earlier, adisory referendum has been ignored?

Has that referendum reached its conclusion yet, or is it being ignored?

• Like 1