Baggage handler arrested after 20,000 baht cash theft from tourist's luggage at Suvarnabhumi

rooster59

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Beggar said:

Koreans? But she did a great job to remove some gangsters there. Of course strange that she was so careful that she even took photos of the money she put into the luggage. Perhaps she did all this on purpose. 

They were not gansters. They are petty thieves. Gangsters rarely hold down such manual jobs.

2 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

The peanut gallery is out in force today.

In all my years of reading posts on this web forum, these comments are up there with the stupidest I ever read in any forum anywhere.

So for those of you missing the brain cells needed, let me help answer these questions.

1. Why did she have 20,000 baht cash?

Probably because Thailand has a law where if foreigners do not have minimum amounts of cash when arriving, then they can be banned from entering the country. Key word here people is, CASH. Not your ATM card bank receipt. Just CASH.

2. Why did she put it into her check in bag?

Probably because she thought it was safe inside checked in luggage. As it should be. Maybe she was splitting up holiday money some in her carry on and some in her checked in bags so that if one got lost or stolen she would still have money in the other bag

3. Why did she photograph it?

Probably as proof that she had money in the bag in case it went missing, no?

And I can't tell if this poster is being sarcastic or not. Benefit of the doubt. For those not sure, then let me ask, how would it be fraud if an actual valuable, was actually stolen?

Every single day, the losers on this forum attack victims of crime. As if carrying 20,000 baht in cash ($670) is some major international money laundering crime !  You guys are pathetic. 

Too true!

3 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Every single day, the losers on this forum attack victims of crime. 

You don't think that you are extremely insulting? But perhaps only user "Time Traveller" should be allowed to post here in this forum and not all the losers. Or how? 

4 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

The peanut gallery is out in force today.

In all my years of reading posts on this web forum, these comments are up there with the stupidest I ever read in any forum anywhere.

So for those of you missing the brain cells needed, let me help answer these questions.

1. Why did she have 20,000 baht cash?

Probably because Thailand has a law where if foreigners do not have minimum amounts of cash when arriving, then they can be banned from entering the country. Key word here people is, CASH. Not your ATM card bank receipt. Just CASH.

2. Why did she put it into her check in bag?

Probably because she thought it was safe inside checked in luggage. As it should be. Maybe she was splitting up holiday money some in her carry on and some in her checked in bags so that if one got lost or stolen she would still have money in the other bag

3. Why did she photograph it?

Probably as proof that she had money in the bag in case it went missing, no?

And I can't tell if this poster is being sarcastic or not. Benefit of the doubt. For those not sure, then let me ask, how would it be fraud if an actual valuable, was actually stolen?

Every single day, the losers on this forum attack victims of crime. As if carrying 20,000 baht in cash ($670) is some major international money laundering crime !  You guys are pathetic. 

I'm amazed by all those who quoted me and don't seems to understand the last line of my post. 

Yes, I also bring 20,000+ baht cash with me when crossing Thai border. Got denied once and it never helped me but that's another story. 

I've had heaps of items stolen at Swampy over the years, its the killer is the 4 hour transit wait from a Perth flight to Vientiane, now reduced to 3 hours, every time I complained to TAGS they send the same copy and paste letter ... I even tried putting locks on the bags, but the buggers are smart, they cut the eyelet that the lock goes through, so easy ... derr, I felt such a fool .... now I have more securely locked bags as I carry a few goodies, but place Dirty Jocks and socks on top as apparently, they only slip their hands in and just grab anything that feels valuable, I lost a 200ml bottle of Au Savage the first time, the last thing I threw in the case before locking it ... never again, ...

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

Could the 20 000 Baht been the money to show immigration upon entry?

Well, in such case it's a bit inconvenient to put it in the checked in luggage, I think. (And I doubt the immigration officer would be impressed with the phone pics)

On 9/7/2019 at 10:53 AM, flyingtlger said:

Sounds like FAKE news.....

Whose that stupid to put cash in their check in baggage?

I've been doing this for years.There is a method for concealing cash that can't be detected by x-ray. Good to know if you intend to leave your country with more than $10,000usd.

20,000THB is small money why not just carry it on your person?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived