Non Immigrant - O (marriage) Multi Entry Visa

Reading this article was informative so I wanted to share. https://www.expatden.com/thailand/thai-marriage-visa/

I think I get the whole picture..is my understanding correct below?

Situation: I received a Multi-Entry Non Immigrant - O, 1 year visa that expires Aug 15 2020 from the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles California. (This visa is based on marriage to my wife who is Thai.)

When I first arrive in Thailand in a couple of weeks (Sept 25) I will fill out a TM6 arrival card. The imm officer at the airport will stamp my passport that let me stay for 90 days.

All is good for 80 days. Then there are 2 paths

PATH 1:

Dec 24, I leave Thailand, and re-enter to get another 90 days. I do this every 90 days until Aug1 2020. At which time I will have to apply again for a Multi Entry Non -O visa (marriage) at say HCMC Thai Consulate. Then repeat the 90 days thing. There is nothing else I need to do? (Like a re-entry permit? TM30? ANYTHING else at all?

PATH2:

Instead of having to travel out of country every 90 days, I make sure that within 24 hours of my arrival to Thailand, that my landlord files a TM30.

Then on Dec 1, I can extend the 90 days by another 60 days at local immigration office for 1900 Baht. At the end of the 60 days (Feb 1), What do I do? Fly out of the country or extend another 60 days at local Imm office?

Before my Visa expires in Aug 15 2020 I can fly out to HCMC Thai consulate to do another 1 year ME Non-O Visa.

Thanks for your help!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, phungo said:

PATH 1:

Dec 24, I leave Thailand, and re-enter to get another 90 days. I do this every 90 days until Aug1 2020. At which time I will have to apply again for a Multi Entry Non -O visa (marriage) at say HCMC Thai Consulate. Then repeat the 90 days thing. There is nothing else I need to do? (Like a re-entry permit? TM30? ANYTHING else at all?

Someone is responsible for completing a TM.30 every time to arrive/stay at a new address, including returning to a usual address.

57 minutes ago, phungo said:

PATH2:

Instead of having to travel out of country every 90 days, I make sure that within 24 hours of my arrival to Thailand, that my landlord files a TM30.

Then on Dec 1, I can extend the 90 days by another 60 days at local immigration office for 1900 Baht. At the end of the 60 days (Feb 1), What do I do? Fly out of the country or extend another 60 days at local Imm office?

Your options are to apply for a 1 year extension or leave the country. You can only extend for 60 days once per entry.

Could somebody tell me what paperwork is needed for a 60 day extension based on marriage, I have messed up the transfer of my pension this year so don't qualify for yearly extension this September.

I just need to get to November when I can leave and get a new multi O.

7 minutes ago, Steve&mem said:

Could somebody tell me what paperwork is needed for a 60 day extension based on marriage

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply for the 60 day extension to visit her.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply for the 60 day extension to visit her.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Thank you Ubonjoe