3BB droppings speed lately on VDSL 30/10 mb contract

david555

Hi, I know 30/10 mb is not miracle contract solution, but no choice to connect more .But now latest month that speed who was around 15mb minimum goes down to around 6 mb and even upload higher than download , I guess more users on that line and 3bb did not open the capping valves more .

Send them email with attachments screenshots their own speedtests .

Went to a service point , they typed in computer ...and that's all....now waiting on a miracle to happen …..("Thai customers service" 5555...)

Anybody same problem latest Jomtien area Theprasit ?

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

I guess more users on that line and 3bb did not open the capping valves more .

I very much doubt there are more users, since VDSL is on the way out and everyone getting upgraded to fiber.

In the Theprasit area fiber will definitely be available, but maybe you stay in a condo that doesn't want to allow the upgrade.

If it is an older condo I would either suspect deteriorating copper lines in the building walls.

Have you tried rebooting your router frequently, as that may improve things. You also don't mention if you are wired or wireless

1 minute ago, ThePioneer said:

I very much doubt there are more users, since VDSL is on the way out and everyone getting upgraded to fiber.

In the Theprasit area fiber will definitely be available, but maybe you stay in a condo that doesn't want to allow the upgrade.

If it is an older condo I would either suspect deteriorating copper lines in the building walls.

Have you tried rebooting your router frequently, as that may improve things. You also don't mention if you are wired or wireless

I think nothing to do with installation , as 1 rare morning moment I  had a short while 30 mb full , so I think depending users , I get your point about dying  vdsl , correct , but when we all depend on vdsl it is normal that more users come on it the speed goes down especially if 3bb is capping before on the lower user level I guess

thx

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

I think nothing to do with installation , as 1 rare morning moment I  had a short while 30 mb full , so I think depending users , I get your point about dying  vdsl , correct , but when we all depend on vdsl it is normal that more users come on it the speed goes down especially if 3bb is capping before on the lower user level I guess

thx

Everyone on 3BB VDSL get free upgraded to fiber, and they will not install new VDSL subscriptions when fiber is available, so how would there be more users?

Why is fiber not available to you, since you say you are in the Theprasit area?

You also didn't answer my question if you are on wifi or hardwired to the router, neither if you are in a condo or not.

What you mention about going from 30 Mbps to 6 Mbps clearly points to connection issues, and not a problem at 3BB side.

wireless or wired makes almost no difference as modem/ router good for 100mb and stand 2.5 eter distance , wifi signal strong enough but that does not count for incoming speed 3bb, however the 30/10 contract is enough for my use , as at 15 mb all worked fine , only not that 6/8mb is troubling , however some moments streaming works normal but other moments buffering .

I expect never full promised speed , but not 1/5 th of it , 2 years fine , now 3 th year no more , 

When I asked fibre 2.5 years ago it was not available , and no one suggested from 3bb fiber now , so  guess no lines in building for it , anyway as I made complaint on 3bb office AND send email with 3bb speed tests screenshots , I should get that proposition if it exist in the building 

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

wireless or wired makes almost no difference as modem/ router good for 100mb and stand 2.5 eter distance ,

You couldn't be more wrong, but hey if you say so.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/wi-fi-vs-ethernet-how-much-faster-wired-connection-paul-zdzitowiecki

Wi-Fi vs Ethernet: Interference and reliability

An Ethernet connection experiences less interference and is more reliable than Wi-Fi. Things like your home’s layout, your modem, your neighbours’ networks, and the number of connected devices will interfere with wireless connections. This can result in a number of issues, including:

• Sometimes your devices will lose signal completely.
  • Higher latency. Interference can increase latency.
  • Slow speeds. Interference can also slow down speeds drastically.

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

however some moments streaming works normal but other moments buffering .

I guess you use free sources for your streaming, so what do you expect? That combined with a wireless connection will never work perfect.

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

When I asked fibre 2.5 years ago it was not available , and no one suggested from 3bb fiber now , so  guess no lines in building for it

2.5 years ago there was hardly any fiber available anywhere, but technology changes you know. As you now admit that you are in a condo I suspect the deteriorating lines in the walls are the real culprit. You could always ask 1530 if fiber is available in your area, which I have no doubt it is, but your juristic person and your landlord of course need to agree with the installation

8 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

You couldn't be more wrong, but hey if you say so.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/wi-fi-vs-ethernet-how-much-faster-wired-connection-paul-zdzitowiecki

Wi-Fi vs Ethernet: Interference and reliability

An Ethernet connection experiences less interference and is more reliable than Wi-Fi. Things like your home’s layout, your modem, your neighbours’ networks, and the number of connected devices will interfere with wireless connections. This can result in a number of issues, including:

• Sometimes your devices will lose signal completely.
  • Higher latency. Interference can increase latency.
  • Slow speeds. Interference can also slow down speeds drastically.

I guess you use free sources for your streaming, so what do you expect? That combined with a wireless connection will never work perfect.

2.5 years ago there was hardly any fiber available anywhere, but technology changes you know. As you now admit that you are in a condo I suspect the deteriorating lines in the walls are the real culprit. You could always ask 1530 if fiber is available in your area, which I have no doubt it is, but your juristic person and your landlord of course need to agree with the installation

Now I have a big difference on wired against wifi , but when all worked fine like 2 years before almost no big difference  wired I get average sometimes 17mb , but really that 3bb speedtest is waiving even then like a windshield wiper left to right , but anyway shall use my wired then as long problem exist ...

And yes I am in a condo building from 12 story's 10 app each floor , that is why I say many connections more lately then 2 years before, see every week 3bb install people cars on parking

Thanks anyway your advice , the wired solution will do I think for streaming use 

1 minute ago, david555 said:

And yes I am in a condo building from 12 story's 10 app each floor , that is why I say many connections more lately then 2 years before, see every week 3bb install people cars on parking

There maybe more connections in your building, but that doesn't add up to the VDSL connections that get replaced by fiber in your area.

Your building is only a small part of all the connections provided by the Dslam somewhere within 1km of your condo.

If you see 3bb cars in the parking lot many times that can be for complaints also, as I doubt many people these days sign up for VDSL 30/10 Mb.

I definitely would inquire with 1530 as I suspect fiber is available in your building.

You should in the mean time also reboot your router daily.

You didn't answer if the streams you use is free content, because they will also buffer with the best internet speed money can buy.,

1 minute ago, ThePioneer said:

There maybe more connections in your building, but that doesn't add up to the VDSL connections that get replaced by fiber in your area.

Your building is only a small part of all the connections provided by the Dslam somewhere within 1km of your condo.

If you see 3bb cars in the parking lot many times that can be for complaints also, as I doubt many people these days sign up for VDSL 30/10 Mb.

I definitely would inquire with 1530 as I suspect fiber is available in your building.

You should in the mean time also reboot your router daily.

You didn't answer if the streams you use is free content, because they will also buffer with the best internet speed money can buy.,

All is free on my  internet , I never use paid services except my bandwidth ,...... even before uncle bills O.S's until he gave up and made it free 55555,???? ….but I understand your very logic explaining , also I never put down my modem/router unless I travel ...shall try that one too

But now I can understand that when bandwidth excellent the difference between wired an wifi CAN be minimal , but when bandwidth not excellent the wifi is first victim.

Anyway for time being the wired connection it will do as before at 10/15 average no problems , but the 6 was disastrously 

27 minutes ago, david555 said:

Now I have a big difference on wired against wifi , but when all worked fine like 2 years before almost no big difference  wired I get average sometimes 17mb , but really that 3bb speedtest is waiving even then like a windshield wiper left to right , but anyway shall use my wired then as long problem exist ...

Thanks anyway your advice , the wired solution will do I think for streaming use 

If your router allows, try to change the channel. It's normally in the web page of wireless router. To see what's good to use, if you have Android phone (but I think iPhone App also exists), download Wifi Analyzer. That should show you on both 2.4 and 5 GHz (if phone supports, router from 3BB generally does) which channels at what strength networks are broadcasting. Try to find a channel that has no or few networks with low signal. Once you do, set that channel onto your router. Hope that fixes your issue.

Where I live there seem to be more network connections than people here and it was hard to find an available one. But for your good luck, most people leave default settings (lower channels, which have strongest signal) and never bother to change, so you could have some spectrum relatively unused.

4 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

If your router allows, try to change the channel. It's normally in the web page of wireless router. To see what's good to use, if you have Android phone (but I think iPhone App also exists), download Wifi Analyzer. That should show you on both 2.4 and 5 GHz (if phone supports, router from 3BB generally does) which channels at what strength networks are broadcasting. Try to find a channel that has no or few networks with low signal. Once you do, set that channel onto your router. Hope that fixes your issue.

Where I live there seem to be more network connections than people here and it was hard to find an available one. But for your good luck, most people leave default settings (lower channels, which have strongest signal) and never bother to change, so you could have some spectrum relatively unused.

I have wifi analyzer and using channel 1 , I confess to have being spoiled by the easy wifi use as I can as good connect wiredas I use laptop on my smart tv fixed .. , and my android phone connect automatic to my wifi when in reach and outside if a 3bb free access pint is there also .

Mean time 3bb has responded and technical teamis listed to check , so if fiber available they should suggest it to install 

wired it works sufficient seems , but I insist before wifi was strong 3bb connection in use !!

anyway  topic can be closed as I know now it s because the vdsl 

14 minutes ago, david555 said:

but I insist before wifi was strong 3bb connection in use !!

Your wifi has nothing to do with 3BB as this is between your router and your device.

Many things interfere with a wifi signal, as there are elctrical appliances inside your condo or your neighbors condo.

As another poster already suggested, if neighbors are on the same wifi frequency it will affect your signal.

Router cache also affects your connection, that's why reboots are needed

The VDSL router doesn't support 5Ghz.

1 hour ago, ThePioneer said:

The VDSL router doesn't support 5Ghz.

Agree with the rest, just wanted to say my old Huawei VDSL router from 3BB supported both 2.4 and 5 GHz. But I think it was limited to 10 or 15 mbps per wifi connection while the LAN wasn't limited so I ended up getting another router and connect it with LAN to 3BB one to get full speed on Wifi as well.

Improved , I changed some settings from public to private and see 19mb on my wifi , just like beore , so this must have being the reason …! I knew I had good wifi , so changed my wifi settings in WIN 10 settings and ok now , back to 19mb on my 30 bb contract 

2019-09-09_154819.png

THIS one in private settings wifi

2019-09-09_154416.png

This one in public settings wifi , at only 6mb

2019-09-09_102332.png

Unless 3BB has opened the lines more after my complaint , because look now the wired speed …… more than my 30 mb contract almost 52Mb

2019-09-09_160310.png

4 hours ago, ThePioneer said:

Everyone on 3BB VDSL get free upgraded to fiber, and they will not install new VDSL subscriptions when fiber is available, so how would there be more users?

Why is fiber not available to you, since you say you are in the Theprasit area?

The change from VDSL to fiber will not be for free if you live in a condo or an apartment. They also have to check if it will be possible at all. Just asked last week.

6 minutes ago, Beggar said:

The change from VDSL to fiber will not be for free if you live in a condo or an apartment. They also have to check if it will be possible at all. Just asked last week.

Yes the change will be free even if you live in a Condo, but the internal condo cabling is private property so not 3BB's business.

If the juristic person changes the wiring in the condo to optical fiber, 3BB will connect for free.

If 3BB needs to do the rewiring they will obviously charge for it, and of course the need to check if the building has the sufficient wiring because optical signal can not travel over copper wire.

9 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

Yes the change will be free even if you live in a Condo, but the internal condo cabling is private property so not 3BB's business.

If the juristic person changes the wiring in the condo to optical fiber, 3BB will connect for free.

If 3BB needs to do the rewiring they will obviously charge for it, and of course the need to check if the building has the sufficient wiring because optical signal can not travel over copper wire.

Are there condos with existing wirings for fiber already in Pattaya? I don't know. My condo complex doesn't have such an infrastructure. My condo could be easily to reached from the street and they asked for 5.000 Baht. 

1 minute ago, Beggar said:

Are there condos with existing wirings for fiber already in Pattaya? I don't know. My condo complex doesn't have such an infrastructure. My condo could be easily to reached from the street and they asked for 5.000 Baht. 

I would believe the newer builds will have optical fiber wiring installed already.

It is also possible to have the final meters over coaxial cable, but that requires a optical to coaxial converting system.

Your condo might be easily reached from the street, but they are probably not allowed to put the optical fiber cable to the outside of the building

For the OP - did you check these data in your router and are they still okay (below data from my router) 

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):

3BB technician left , and yes , the condo managing juristic does not wish the fiber installed …(gov. building owned ,except the sold ones )

My problem solved jst by changing network settings from public to private with a spectaculars result, wired more  than 55 mb and up to 22.47 mb wireless

what a simple setting can do ….amazing 

3 minutes ago, Beggar said:

For the OP - did you check these data in your router and are they still okay (below data from my router) 

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):

For the moment all works very good and fast as never before ….., so I keep my fingers away from all that techno stuff , it works up to 52mb wired and 22 mb wifi …. it don't challenge my luck , shall check some days later , even those rates don't say me a thing , I am just a user of what smart peoples make (and sometimes find by accident some things as today , technician did not have to do anything , just gave a tip ….those guy's always remember tipping addresses ….convenient if another internet problem arise 

1 minute ago, david555 said:

For the moment all works very good and fast as never before ….., so I keep my fingers away from all that techno stuff , it works up to 52mb wired and 22 mb wifi …. it don't challenge my luck , shall check some days later , even those rates don't say me a thing , I am just a user of what smart peoples make (and sometimes find by accident some things as today , technician did not have to do anything , just gave a tip ….those guy's always remember tipping addresses ….convenient if another internet problem arise 

I think they gave you the same VDSL speed I have. I got this when they indroduced VDSL. For a while there was a special promotion where you got this high speed for the same price. So don't worry - I am confident it will stay like this. 

I think they gave you the same VDSL speed I have. I got this when they indroduced VDSL. For a while there was a special promotion where you got this high speed for the same price. So don't worry - I am confident it will stay like this. 

Here is it ...

2019-09-09_171118.png

Downstream even much better than mine. I will have to complain... 

SSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTt...55555 ????Just that setting in Win 10 I changed , unless they reacted on my email and stopped capping my speed same moment ….?

2019-09-09_154819.png

SSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTt...55555 ????Just that setting in Win 10 I changed , unless they reacted on my email and stoppedimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857f capping my speed same moment ….?

2019-09-09_154819.png

Please set it back and let me know if the speed changes. 

Please set it back and let me know if the speed changes. 

you can do that also on your system …., from public to private …. that is all I did , I am not so techy, but try a lot …..it is also just by co incidence they found Viagra by looking for a blood pressure medicine ….lol

you can do that also on your system …., from public to private …. that is all I did , I am not so techy, but try a lot …..it is also just by co incidence they found Viagra by looking for a blood pressure medicine ….lol

I am using my Android tablet at the moment and I refuse to use Windows 10.

I am using my Android tablet at the moment and I refuse to use Windows 10.

I am a Uncle Gates fan , Windows are my O.S' computer  systems wouldn't use any other unless forced on Smartphones , so I think those settings would be different on android ...

Archived