3BB droppings speed lately on VDSL 30/10 mb contract

david555

33 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Please set it back and let me know if the speed changes. 

It will not make any change in speed if your network settings are public or private, because that is all internal firewall settings and nothing to do with internet speed, and 3bb neither singled him out to cap his speed.

Ignorance is the only factor in play here.

I like these ones

wireless or wired makes almost no difference as modem/ router good for 100mb and stand 2.5 eter distance , wifi signal strong enough

But now I can understand that when bandwidth excellent the difference between wired an wifi CAN be minimal , but when bandwidth not excellent the wifi is first victim.

Well now is bandwidth excellent, and the difference between wired and wireless minimal, right?

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

I am a Uncle Gates fan , Windows are my O.S' computer  systems wouldn't use any other unless forced on Smartphones , so I think those settings would be different on android ...

I started with computers when there were still punch cards used and I used Microsoft from the first DOS versions to Windows 7 (10). But since I have my Android devices (tablet and phone) I think that Microsoft is history for me. Not because Android is so great. But I like to sit with the tablet in the bed or on the couch or at the pool. And when I travel I take it with me. Hard to do the same with my desktop. 

I have a desktop with 6 parallel OS installed. I never forget the day when I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. All my partitions were cross linked. Nothing worked anymore. I was busy many hours to repair my system. And I didn't not do anything wrong. My system was too complex for this standard upgrade. I also have a notebook. There were no problems since there was only one OS installed. 

8 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

It will not make any change in speed if your network settings are public or private, because that is all internal, and 3bb neither singled him out to cap his speed.

Ignorance is the only factor in play here.

I like these ones

wireless or wired makes almost no difference as modem/ router good for 100mb and stand 2.5 eter distance , wifi signal strong enough

But now I can understand that when bandwidth excellent the difference between wired an wifi CAN be minimal , but when bandwidth not excellent the wifi is first victim.

Well now is bandwidth excellent, and the difference between wired and wireless minimal, right?

Not now...… as very high speed as before for me at least (52MB) on wired but anyway 22 mb on wifi , ok half , but I find 22 mb wifi fast comparing that 6 mb from before change to private from public in ,y wifi setting  …. so whatever is the reason I can only say in my modest ignorance that from changing that setting  the speed improved , unless 3bb in answer my email did something …. but you say that is impossible (I know for sure those providers CAN capp your speed ,,) so let us assume it must be a miracle ….unless you have the solution for this mystery ….co incidence probably 

6 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I started with computers when there were still punch cards used and I used Microsoft from the first DOS versions to Windows 7 (10). But since I have my Android devices (tablet and phone) I think that Microsoft is history for me. Not because Android is so great. But I like to sit with the tablet in the bed or on the couch or at the pool. And when I travel I take it with me. Hard to do the same with my desktop. 

I have a desktop with 6 parallel OS installed. I never forget the day when I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. All my partitions were cross linked. Nothing worked anymore. I was busy many hours to repair my system. And I didn't not do anything wrong. My system was too complex for this standard upgrade. I also have a notebook. There were no problems since there was only one OS installed. 

I would really like a surface tablet with windows 10 above any android (as in Windows I can work under the hood ...5555) but android is a mystery for me , I said before I am not techy , but windows is familiar for me , never any problem I could not solve in win. but I admit win 7 was also a favorite of me ….

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

but you say that is impossible (I know for sure those providers CAN capp your speed ,,) so let us assume it must be a miracle ….unless you have the solution for this mystery ….co incidence probably 

Of course they are able to cap your speed, but why would they single out a single user?

The solution is that either you have rebooted your router after I advised you to do it, or 3BB support has rebooted it remotely after you opened a support ticket.

4 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

Of course they are able to cap your speed, but why would they single out a single user?

The solution is that either you have rebooted your router after I advised you to do it, or 3BB support has rebooted it remotely after you opened a support ticket.

I guess they didn't cap his speed. He simply had an old plan with lower speed before. 

1 minute ago, ThePioneer said:

Who said I was the only one ? …. hence my original question  by opening post …., not all people check speed in numbers , and even I told it was changing , as one early morning I had 30 mb for a short while , hence I knew it was not my system , so many other reasons could be  …. cables …? works ? Only I remarked generally a difference against a few months ago , but because I normally never streamed before straight from my E.U. country TV stations who stopped terrestrial broadcasting and now use free streaming in stead . I noticed the go slow more 

Computer and internet …. their own mystery's 

1 minute ago, Beggar said:

I guess they didn't cap his speed. He simply had an old plan with lower speed before. 

Could be , but anyway I did not get my 30/10 mb anymore which was my plan , and came close to it before . problem solved in which way ever, so I am o.k. with 3bb

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Who said I was the only one ? …. hence my original question  by opening post …., not all people check speed in numbers , and even I told it was changing , as one early morning I had 30 mb for a short while , hence I knew it was not my system , so many other reasons could be  …. cables …? works ? Only I remarked generally a difference against a few months ago , but because I normally never streamed before straight from my E.U. country TV stations who stopped terrestrial broadcasting and now use free streaming in stead . I noticed the go slow more 

Computer and internet …. their own mystery's 

You still don't get it do you?

Streaming over wifi clogs your router cache, hence the reason to reboot it, because when the router cache is full it will slow down the performance of your router. And that is why your speed be unstable.

As you said yourself in the morning you had 30Mbps for a short while and later in the day it dropped.

Yeah maybe they have assigned someone who has nothing else to do as press a button all day, cap - no cap - cap - no cap

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Could be , but anyway I did not get my 30/10 mb anymore which was my plan , and came close to it before . problem solved in which way ever, so I am o.k. with 3bb

But you still have only half of the speed on WiFi. Wired and wireless I have almost the same speed. But could be that your Wifi device is not at least type N or that your WiFi settings in your router are wrong, 

4 minutes ago, Beggar said:

But you still have only half of the speed on WiFi. Wired and wireless I have almost the same speed. But could be that your Wifi device is not at least type N or that your WiFi settings in your router are wrong, 

TP link wireless VDSL N router Td 9970 300mbps , but could be settings not ultimate , but on this speeds I am more than happy as before 

5 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

You still don't get it do you?

Streaming over wifi clogs your router cache, hence the reason to reboot it, because when the router cache is full it will slow down the performance of your router. And that is why your speed be unstable.

As you said yourself in the morning you had 30Mbps for a short while and later in the day it dropped.

Yeah maybe they have assigned someone who has nothing else to do as press a button all day, cap - no cap - cap - no cap

I still not get it maybe.....definite  , but I see no logic reply besides that cache emptying (which I never did yet …) , as no need when speed ok now …, anyway must thank that one stopped  cap cap cap cap ????

Well i'm on 3BB fiber and my speeds for anything outside Thailand has turned to <deleted> again , It's been fine for the last month but looks like they've turned the outside right down again, On a 100Mbps connection I get 88 inside Thailand and not even 3 anywhere outside- Vietnam , London, 

37 minutes ago, david555 said:

TP link wireless VDSL N router Td 9970 300mbps , but could be settings not ultimate , but on this speeds I am more than happy as before 

In Wifi at the router check if you have at Transmission Mode 802.11 b/g/n or better if you have ONLY at least N devices then 802.11 n. Also that you have at 11n bandwidth 20/40 MHz or 40 MHz. Latter is a bid egoistic because the router will try (force) to use 2 channels to reach the 300 speed. But this is how life is... 

Wifi.png

20 minutes ago, david555 said:

I still not get it maybe.....definite  , but I see no logic reply besides that cache emptying (which I never did yet …) , as no need when speed ok now …, anyway must thank that one stopped  cap cap cap cap ????

Cache get emptied by rebooting router, which can be done manually or remotely.

When you open a support ticket that is the first ting they will do

13 minutes ago, Beggar said:

In Wifi at the router check if you have at Transmission Mode 802.11 b/g/n or better if you have ONLY at least N devices then 802.11 n. Also that you have at 11n bandwidth 40 MHz or 20/40 MHz. Later is a bid egoistic because the router will try to use 2 channels to reach the 300 speed. But this is how life is... 

Wifi.png

this page I can not find and as said I am not techy for that , and not risk in a routers hood working .I am more than happy the problem is no more …, I have a higher speed than my plan, and the wifi is sufficient now for my use on phone and laptop , I even disconnect from smart Tv , as I saw many programs blocked by network .

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

this page I can not find and as said I am not techy for that , and not risk in a routers hood working .I am more than happy the problem is no more …, I have a higher speed than my plan, and the wifi is sufficient now for my use on phone and laptop 

Great - then have a nice evening with your new internet speed. 

3 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Great - then have a nice evening with your new internet speed. 

THX this is the closest I get to your topic, thanks anyway and convert yourself to Windows ….such a fun 5555

2019-09-09_192259.png

40 minutes ago, david555 said:

THX this is the closest I get to your topic, thanks anyway and convert yourself to Windows ….such a fun 5555

2019-09-09_192259.png

You have a better router than they gave to me. But I was one of the first VDSL customers... The settings are not perfect but they are okay. Could it be that your Wifi devices are older? If they are not at least type N but only G then 22 as speed would be normal and close to the max speed for such devices.

I don't want to get on your nerves with my wisdom. If you are still not happy simply post here. It is not easy to solve problems with typed messages. 

47 minutes ago, Beggar said:

You have a better router than they gave to me. But I was one of the first VDSL customers... The settings are not perfect but they are okay. Could it be that your Wifi devices are older? If they are not at least type N but only G then 22 as speed would be normal and close to the max speed for such devices.

I don't want to get on your nerves with my wisdom. If you are still not happy simply post here. It is not easy to solve problems with typed messages. 

Do not feel neglected by 3bb because of router 5555...., I bought my own one that is why I have this one , the one for the condo building internet was a tp link300mbps n usb adsl2+modem router  missing the Vdsl , but that internet went of by the least blimp of electricity and had to go warn the office it was of need reset on their routers ….. and sometimes forget or evening …. got tired of that ….3bb never fails even after elec. down all come up working by themselves

so I have 2 such almost same TP link routers , never a problem , always connect automatic as passwd set .

ThePioneer , pardon my ignorance, I too am on 3BBs 30/10 VDSL , the only speed option out here in the sticks, and for the last month I've experienced alot of buffering compared to the the last year, all my
Use is through wifi so my cache must be full , how do I reboot the router ?

17 minutes ago, gaviny said:

ThePioneer , pardon my ignorance, I too am on 3BBs 30/10 VDSL , the only speed option out here in the sticks, and for the last month I've experienced alot of buffering compared to the the last year, all my

You just unplug the power for 30 seconds an plug in again, but you should get a LAN cable if you want streaming.

As I assume you also use free apps to stream, most of them have got much worse over the year, which may also explain why you get more buffering.

Take note, the people who develop those free apps also have server costs and get those financed with ads in their apps, but since these days everyone installs ad blockers their income decreases hence less money to spend on servers

10 hours ago, gaviny said:

First check if your router is connected with the correct speed. It will show you the max speed and the connected speed (look examples some postings before). If not plug in the phone cable again - sometimes there might be oxidation at the contacts. 

Ask them if you can get the higher speed too 60/25. It is the same price. They simply switch you and don't need to come. Just tell them how you are suffering with the existing speed. If you have a house ask them if Fiber 100/100 is possible for you. It is also the same price but down 100 and up 100.

In respect of the Wifi - check if you have the correct settings and check if the speed wired and not wired is almost the same. If you don't have wired then check if the speed is the same close to the router and further away (5 to 10m). If it's not try to change the channels especially if you have many Wifi users in your neighborhood. There is a lot of software available to find the best channel for WiFi. Some are good and some are good for nothing... Also look if the antennas (if outside) are in the correct position. 

If your router and devices support 5G then try this. More channels and faster but not so good through walls - the range is not so far as at 2.4. You can have both 2.4 and 5 at the same time so you can use 5G with devices that support this and 2.4 for all others.

Archived