Tattoo Artist

coldcrush

10 years ago i know two top tattoo artist

One is Jonny wong , his son is jack wong , and his little girl is joy wong .

there are amount the top

i also know another good artist his name is Leck NY - hard to find him he used to have a studio at siam square ..

ok chaingmai

i am not sure

i can draw a little

if you want a turtle or pig face i can help you

Cheers Aus,

What the prices like? You had any? Good traditional Thai stuff?

:D

A few mates have had work done there and were very happy. They had more of a traditional Japanese dragon/yakuza type theme..Prices very good, compared to Bkk and Singapore and the like.. He does a lot of Buddhist / Hidhu / Lan Na Thai type stuff.. I am looking at getting a cover up done on a 21 year old tatt. Tell you what ,you go first ,if he does a good job on you I'll go next... :D:o

This guy does good work LBG. http://thaimagictattoo.com/

I can heartily recommend Poom of Magic Tattoo, he's a friend of mine and I've directed many a visitor to him and never heard of a single dissatisfied customer. He was a practicing artist long before he got into tatooing so you can rest assured he's got the hand skills and aint one of those kids who got into it cos "it's cool".

This guy does good work LBG. http://thaimagictattoo.com/

I can heartily recommend Poom of Magic Tattoo, he's a friend of mine and I've directed many a visitor to him and never heard of a single dissatisfied customer. He was a practicing artist long before he got into tatooing so you can rest assured he's got the hand skills and aint one of those kids who got into it cos "it's cool".

Bananaman, i think you can take of the dust mask for the time being.. :D:o

I hope i did not get the name wrong was it jimmy or jonny .

but he should be in his 50s

skinny guys ,

Jimmy wong III -

er i am not sure . you go check out and you may get some info .

might be related or just using the Wong name . as is very famous in thailand

here is some link

jimmy wong

This one got joy wong e-mail on it

A photo of the man himself - hmmm he change alot i last saw him like 9 years ago

Edited by Ta22

Hiya All,

I am looking to get a new tattoo when in Chiang Mai. I would like some traditional art work.

Could someone please advise of a clean, hygenic and GOOD artist who has a business in Chiang Mai area?

Thanks All :D

Ning at Side Road Tattoo (Th. Loi Kroh, Soi #1) opposite the Number 1 bar is very good. He does neat, clean work with good colour. His machines are imported from the UK and uses inks from Micky Sharps so you will get REAL tattoo ink not the potentially lethal stuff that is used to colour plastics. He has his own autoclave and everything is sterilised properly. He is the only artist I have seen here who uses plastic covers on his machines, leads, and lines which is standard practice overseas but not here.

Ning is NOT cheap but if you are looking for an experience and talented artist he is someone to check out. I always say if you want quality work be prepared to pay for it, there are a lot of cheap and nasty scratchers out there using dangerous techniques and bad quality inks.

I don't have the photos of my tattoo on this computer but if you are interested will bring them in on the flash drive from home tomorrow.

Good luck - btw if you think getting bamboo hurts - don't even think about getting one done in New Zealand or Samoa :o

So the numbers are whitling down to two at the moment as ta22 seems to think Mr wong is a drifter!

I pop into Poom and Nings place and take a look at what they are doing.

Thanks for all replies :o

Sent you a PM

What sort of design are you looking for? Do you have one already or are you looking for something to be custom drawn?

So the numbers are whitling down to two at the moment as ta22 seems to think Mr wong is a drifter!

I pop into Poom and Nings place and take a look at what they are doing.

Thanks for all replies :o

Sent you a PM

What sort of design are you looking for? Do you have one already or are you looking for something to be custom drawn?

i am going to leave that to the fate when I go down I want some intricate thai pattern designs if you know what I mean, nothing spiritual (Yan) it aint my thing.

Edited by lopburiguy

Also thinking about it there are:

Ugly on Loy Kroh - opposite CM Saloon - he does a lot of tatoos and is very popular but when I was looking for some work to be done he started to tell me what he would do not listen to what I wanted him to do. It was a mix of personality that didn't gell so I didn't use him. He saw my back one day and got really pissed that I had gone somewhere else and started to tell me how much I got ripped off etc. Pity because I have heard good things about him from others. Go see him and make your own decision.

Nong - in Tapae Road - he operates out of a tourist shop but if you walk just up the Tapae road from the gate (Canyon Coffee on the LH side) about 100m he is in there. He is very fast but does good work. He may have moved around the corner onto the moon muang road but I am not sure, if I go past I will check it out. Speaks good English.

Near there on the outside of the moat close to the Arun Restaurant is another one. I have heard good reports from them but never seen any of their work. The shop seems to be always closed but has a telephone number on the sign outside. Give them a call if you are interested.

On Kamphaeng Din off Loy Kroh there are three - turn left and one is just down the road about 20m another further on (both on the RHS of the road - nearest the canal). Other direction is another Ning - I think the name "Ning" is to tattoos what "Mike" is to burgers - he is almost at the end of the block as you walk down LHS next to a farung bar (basically only farung bar amongst the Thai ones). Again I don't know his work.

Last one for the moment is up on the same floor as the Cinemas on Central Plaza. He seems to do mainly local Thais so I have no idea of his work or skill. He does seem to be busy which is always a good sign.

10 years ago i know two top tattoo artist

One is Jonny wong , his son is jack wong , and his little girl is joy wong .

there are amount the top

i also know another good artist his name is Leck NY - hard to find him he used to have a studio at siam square ..

ok chaingmai

i am not sure

i can draw a little

if you want a turtle or pig face i can help you

What colours are available for tattoos? Can three Wongs make a white?

Ok guys - front up - show us your tatts :D

Seeing as how I started this "show us ya tats" I had better put up or shut up :D

This started out as a small (3cm square) eagle on my right shoulder when I was eighteen years old. I was in the Army in Townsville - we got paid and it was the first night off base where I could legally drink. We had 3 Bundy and Coke at the Railway and went to the tattoo shop next door - always a good combination.

Since then it has kinda grown but I can still honestly say I only have the ONE tatoo :o

post-36525-1174619874_thumb.jpg

Seeing as how I started this "show us ya tats" I had better put up or shut up :D

This started out as a small (3cm square) eagle on my right shoulder when I was eighteen years old. I was in the Army in Townsville - we got paid and it was the first night off base where I could legally drink. We had 3 Bundy and Coke at the Railway and went to the tattoo shop next door - always a good combination.

Since then it has kinda grown but I can still honestly say I only have the ONE tatoo :D

Is that "Chopper Read" ?? Oh sorry it can't be, the ears are still intact.. :o Have you had any work done in CM ?

Since then it has kinda grown but I can still honestly say I only have the ONE tatoo :D

Is that "Chopper Read" ?? Oh sorry it can't be, the ears are still intact.. :o Have you had any work done in CM ?

The back and butt both done by Ning at Side Road - believe me you need to REALLY trust someone when you are lying face down with your bare arse being tattooed for 8 hours (2 sessions)

My Left shoulder was done in the States - it is a cover up and the guy who did it (San Fransisco) was VERY expensive and HIGHLY recommended in the US tattoo magazines. It is a tiger and the work underneath shows through which means I will have to get some laser removal done on parts of it to then get it redone. Ning will do that for me. The work done underneath was in London and celtic knotwork. The work was very good but the associated memory isn't so I didn't want it anymore. I have two celtic armbands that were done by Kiwi Kim in Sydney before she became a junkie.

Right shoulder is and Eagle/Dragon combination and done by in Japan. I had wanted to get my back work done there but it was going to cost nearly AU$60,000 to do it and meant I had to pay up front plus go back to Japan three times. It is traditional style with hand tools so it is a "softer" look than the normal machine work. The colouring and shading is much more subtle. Even so it cost AU$2,000!.

It is too big to load up here so I am trying to convert it to a smaller file first

It goes on :bah:

my butt :o

Is that a tree growing out of the frogs **** ??? :D

No the mighty oak trunk is at the front :bah:

Mate, i have heard waxing is possible in the nether regions these days.. Give it a try sometime.. :D

you seem to know a lot about waxing? The full moon a bit of a howl? or you just like hanging around with the other ladyboys in Loy Kroh?

Keep this up and I will post the photo that shows where the rest of the dragon goes :D

Mate, i have heard waxing is possible in the nether regions these days.. Give it a try sometime.. :D
you seem to know a lot about waxing? The full moon a bit of a howl? or you just like hanging around with the other ladyboys in Loy Kroh?

Keep this up and I will post the photo that shows where the rest of the dragon goes :D

All stop on that...I'll be quiet now...

Yeah and the chances of you staying quiet for more than 30 seconds are? :o

Ok guys - front up - show us your tatts :bah:

No the mighty oak trunk is at the front :o

Yeah and the chances of you staying quiet for more than 30 seconds are? ;)

SFA :D

Is that "Chopper Read" ?? Oh sorry it can't be, the ears are still intact.. :D Have you had any work done in CM ?

The back and butt both done by Ning at Side Road - believe me you need to REALLY trust someone when you are lying face down with your bare arse being tattooed for 8 hours (2 sessions)

My Left shoulder was done in the States - it is a cover up and the guy who did it (San Fransisco) was VERY expensive and HIGHLY recommended in the US tattoo magazines. It is a tiger and the work underneath shows through which means I will have to get some laser removal done on parts of it to then get it redone. Ning will do that for me. The work done underneath was in London and celtic knotwork. The work was very good but the associated memory isn't so I didn't want it anymore. I have two celtic armbands that were done by Kiwi Kim in Sydney before she became a junkie.

Right shoulder is and Eagle/Dragon combination and done by in Japan. I had wanted to get my back work done there but it was going to cost nearly AU$60,000 to do it and meant I had to pay up front plus go back to Japan three times. It is traditional style with hand tools so it is a "softer" look than the normal machine work. The colouring and shading is much more subtle. Even so it cost AU$2,000!.

It is too big to load up here so I am trying to convert it to a smaller file first

CB,

tattoos nicely done buddy. am still trying to figure out its a good idea to do a little one on my arms. wife doesn't think so! :o