Good news coming for expats regarding 90 day reporting - TM 28 and TM 30 being discussed Friday

webfact

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Thanks. I just tried to register on the app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService), but it keep loading and eventually time out.

Tried both on wifi and normal network. Same result. Samsung S7 android device.

Any advise?

I got an error message when I tried to register. But, I am not that surprised. ????

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/12/2019 at 6:30 PM, Mavideol said:

there is one thing they keep not covering it's the 800 k blocked at the bank. My idea is/was to use property as collateral but I may be dreaming, for example, the majority of us expats (or maybe not the majority but a good quantity of us) has Thai family and may have bought house/land for them, the other ones not married to Thai also have purchased property, investing in Thailand thus money it's here and if used as collateral/property lien for the 8ooK proof of funds one could NOT sell the property without the removal of the lien from IMO. Using this option would be good for the economy as it would allow us/family to spend more VS having the money at the bank bringing a very low interest and for some removing the burden of having that money moved in and out every 4 months and always worried if one has enough to be able to renew their extension

I've had the same idea as you; let's hope that the IMO are reading some of these bright ideas, but I very much doubt that they would see the logic of it.

14 minutes ago, cheshiremusicman said:

I've had the same idea as you; let's hope that the IMO are reading some of these bright ideas, but I very much doubt that they would see the logic of it.

Only 400k has to stay in your bank account after 3 months seasoning. But then you have to top it up again to 800k 2 months before applying. So, it doesn't help a lot anyway.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:13 PM, Russell17au said:

Some on here say to treat the Thai's the same in our home countries as we the retired ex-pats are treated here. Well be careful about what you wish for because Thailand might just change and be like the other countries that we have come from. Non of the western countries have a visa for those that are single and retired. Which means that if you wish that Thailand would treat you the same then that would mean that Thailand do away with the Non-Immigrant "O" visa with an extension based on retirement which would mean all the retired ex-pats would have to leave Thailand. Check your home countries visa's and they do not have any visa for the single retired person. You should be thankful that Thailand at least has a visa that you as a single retired person can use to live here permanently. What would the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the EU put a single retired person through for that person to live in those countries the same as we live in Thailand?

No in other countries they have things like "citizenship" so ridiculous yearly visas are not needed.

1 minute ago, tlandtday said:

No in other countries they have things like "citizenship" so ridiculous yearly visas are not needed.

Yeah but imagine there would suddenly be a 100k or so new fallang thai citizens, half of them bored pensioners, we would prolly be able to take over the whole country in a single week, it's just too damn easy to beat the thai at business with equal rules.

mass citizenship will never be introduced here...

1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

Where can you get citizenship based on a pension from your own country?

There are investment visas, sure, but there is in Thailand too. I stand to be corrected but I dont know another scheme like the Elite Visa anywhere else?

On 9/12/2019 at 11:27 AM, webfact said:

Dr Kobsak said that he had attended a meeting with immigration and the DGA (Digital Government Development Agency) on Wednesday to sort out matters relating to the app for TM 47 or the 90 day reporting requirement. 

The problem is the DGA is still developing itself.

18 hours ago, mrbfly said:

So - if I understand this news correctly the TM28 is scrapped (fine - don't think I have ever made one) but still my wife, who must be considered my "landlord", have to report that I again have attended our common bed within 24 hrs after I/we have been out of the Province for more than 24 hrs? So she still, according to the law, must drive 125 km to the IMO and 125 km back just to do the TM30? 

Yup. And TM28 hasn't been scrapped, in 1979 the director general's directive excluded tourists and the others in the poster from needing to do it. The "retiree" and "marriage" categories were added later but nobody bothered to update the directive, in effect leaving them needing to do the TM28's.

Nobody could be arsed since it's fairly idiotic and it's gone unenforced, like the TM30 (Section 38 of immigration act), until the xenophobic military junta started digging the ancient laws out. I fully expect them to start enforcing the TM28 in their purging efforts, I first wrote about them in TVF about 3-4 years ago I think and got laughed at. Check where we are today. 

On 9/12/2019 at 1:18 PM, shady86 said:
On 9/12/2019 at 11:47 AM, RBOP said:
Tomorrow it will be 8 weeks since I registered for TM30 online reporting and still no user name / password emailed to me.  I have absolutely no confidence this "meeting" will result in any "good new".  

You'll need to wait 1 year as they can only check 1 application per hour, max 8 per day.

Got mine within 3 working days in Chiang Mai 2 days ago.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:31 AM, NCC1701A said:

good.  a face saving out has been found. Farang too stupid to operate the tech they invented.

but i for one will welcome a bank style app with total accounting of all your TM forms. If only to stop all the TM30 form topics.

And once you log in , YOU ARE HOOKED

• 4 weeks later...

Archived