Good news coming for expats regarding 90 day reporting - TM 28 and TM 30 being discussed Friday

webfact

Good news coming for expats regarding 90 day reporting - TM 28 and TM 30 being discussed Friday

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai media has reported that foreigners will be happy with a new online application for ninety day reporting or TM 47. 

They said that the app will be convenient, fast and safe. 

Daily News based their brief story on comments made on the Facebook page of Dr Kobsak Pootrakool who is a spokesman for the Phalang Pracharat political party. 

Dr Kobsak said that he had attended a meeting with immigration and the DGA (Digital Government Development Agency) on Wednesday to sort out matters relating to the app for TM 47 or the 90 day reporting requirement. 

Many expats and retirees have found the application hard to use, notes Thaivisa. 

In addition Dr Kobsak said that a meeting would be taking place on Friday to discuss matters related to TM 28 and TM 30. 

These relate to the requirements of individuals and landlords to report their whereabouts or those in their properties who leave their stated address for periods of longer than 24 hours. 

Daily News said foreigners would be cheering regarding TM 47 application developments. 

Thaivisa has contacted Dr Kobsak for further comment but has yet to hear back from him. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-12

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, webfact said:

Many expats and retirees have found the application hard to use, notes Thaivisa. 

good.  a face saving out has been found. Farang too stupid to operate the tech they invented.

but i for one will welcome a bank style app with total accounting of all your TM forms. If only to stop all the TM30 form topics.

1 minute ago, Chicken George said:

App just does not work.

Ive used it many times successfully and it does save me time, it did  not work for at least 12  months after they brought it in, after that it worked only in IE browser but even then it  still had  faults especially with the address  section where the site reverted to Thai language.

So now? what another "reincarnation" anything but abolishing it.

1 minute ago, Chicken George said:

App just does not work.

I used it (not for the first time) a week ago and have received a successful approval a few days later, but no email confirmation, I had to keep checking progress until I saw an approval notification.

This was on the website, not mobile app.

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thai media has reported that foreigners will be happy with a new online application for ninety day reporting or TM 47. 

They would be happy if they only have to report if they've changed their address. What's the point in reporting the same address year after year?

So, you can go to the IO office and sort it in 10 minute, post it in, and get a receipt back in a week, or use the App and spend days keep checking if it has worked, been accepted etc, and being concerned you may well be fined.

No thanks, I'll stick with current 90 day reporting. Until such time as it works as it should, but they are probably still running on windows 98 !!

6 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

I used it (not for the first time) a week ago and have received a successful approval a few days later, but no email confirmation, I had to keep checking progress until I saw an approval notification.

This was on the website, not mobile app.

I used it a year ago successfully. Tried it again this week and it failed. For what it's worth, I then went to Jomtien Immigration Tuesday and the gal at the entry desk didn't even bother giving me a queue ticket, there was no one else there. She said "Just go." Less than 10 minutes for BOTH 90 day reporting and showing them my "90 day money-in-the-bank" paperwork.

8 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

App just does not work.

I beg to differ, It worked for me. That said, since it is still needed a printed version of the "next appointment" receipt, they should provide a pdf version of it. The last time I reported myself using the app but I downloaded the receipt from the web version.

Tomorrow it will be 8 weeks since I registered for TM30 online reporting and still no user name / password emailed to me.  I have absolutely no confidence this "meeting" will result in any "good new".  

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

Daily News said foreigners would be cheering regarding TM 47 application developments. 

19 minutes ago, Chazar said:

oh really!!

Well, I certainly will be. I've not had a single successful on-line application since the day it was introduced. And that applies to both website and mobile app.

But I'm not holding my breath in anticipation!

Archived