Good news coming for expats regarding 90 day reporting - TM 28 and TM 30 being discussed Friday

webfact

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Well yes Thailand got greedy and let in oldies with only a little bit of $ and now they don't want them anymore. They also added the marriage category and elite after the 1979 immigration act. 

Labeling it retirement is pretty useless anyway, it's >50y and able to pass the financial bar. Other countries have a higher bar and no age limit and call it investment. Labels don't matter, the rules do. 

Thailand also has an investment visa also which is not a retirement visa. Every country has a large cash requirement for their investment visa's but it still is not a retirement visa which you can get in Thailand, every country has a spouse visa which here it is called a marriage extension but it is the same thing.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Thailand also has an investment visa also which is not a retirement visa. Every country has a large cash requirement for their investment visa's but it still is not a retirement visa which you can get in Thailand, every country has a spouse visa which here it is called a marriage extension but it is the same thing.

Ok so if I try to put that in a nutshell you're saying that Thailand's rules to let old broke farts stay in has no equivalent in the west. Yes, that does sound about right. And makes sense why Thailand would want to get rid of it too.

2 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Yes I should be thankful that every expat and retiree like myself brings a great deal of money into Thailand and pumps money into the local economy. I hardly think this is the same case in the reverse situation.

Why is it different for me as a retiree to be able to get a retirement visa in say the UK. I cannot get one because they do not have one to start with so I must have a great deal of money and get an investment visa. How much do you need to bring in to Thailand to qualify for a retirement visa? 65,000 baht per month which is nothing really. what is the money that is needed for a single retiree to get into the UK? The UK does not have a retirement visa so you would need the amount that is needed for an investment visa. So really we are lucky that we can get a visa that allows use to live here in Thailand without all the money that is required for an investment visa. So Thailand make us jump through a few hoops to stay here but those hoops are not as bad as some of the hoops that would be required for the same visa in the western countries. There are a lot of ex-pats that are scraping the bottom of the barrel with their money.

More like "Fast and Furious"; well TV is a gem for information titbits. 

The Digital Government Development Agency; now we all know where to go to directly and complain about these useless online apps being pushed out to both Thais and Farangs.

PS. Go take a look at their Website........... DGA .... looks very spoofy with all the accreditations and certifications....lots of show not sure about how much creativity there is in the place!

Even scanning the QR code for the Thai Electronic Driving License on Smartphone App on the back of my plastic licence failed big time............and it was not the QR code image it was the useless supporting software.

If DGD had half a brain they would firstly go out and solicit input from users; Us (Farangs) / Owners / Landlords / Hotels etc.. and Immigration Officers at the coalface that have to deal with and manage the fallout from all these failed apps. 

There are sufficient reliable and proven technologies in Smartphones, GPS detection, fingerprint recognition, PIN numbers and user identification details embed into QR codes to deliver a more progressive reporting and tracking system for IM; IMHO one that could be simple and actually work reliably and reduce IM workload.  

Combined these technologies into a single entity / artifact with a multipurpose reporting functionality inclusive of sufficient intelligence to eliminate all these useless online forms requiring lots of user's non-productive time and repetitive input; but while still ensuring IM security and reporting legislation requirements are adhered to.  

But far be it from me to suggest anything revolutionary that would make all participants life much easier in addition to providing a more effective, efficient and user friendly solution. 

Amen to the next round of IM online apps to be rolled out!

The definition of insanity: repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting different results.

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

So, you can go to the IO office and sort it in 10 minute, post it in, and get a receipt back in a week, or use the App and spend days keep checking if it has worked, been accepted etc, and being concerned you may well be fined.

No thanks, I'll stick with current 90 day reporting. Until such time as it works as it should, but they are probably still running on windows 98 !!

am with you, did it this morning in and out in 5 minutes and report stapled into passport thus nothing to worry about.... old way better way like the red wine  555

there is one thing they keep not covering it's the 800 k blocked at the bank. My idea is/was to use property as collateral but I may be dreaming, for example, the majority of us expats (or maybe not the majority but a good quantity of us) has Thai family and may have bought house/land for them, the other ones not married to Thai also have purchased property, investing in Thailand thus money it's here and if used as collateral/property lien for the 8ooK proof of funds one could NOT sell the property without the removal of the lien from IMO. Using this option would be good for the economy as it would allow us/family to spend more VS having the money at the bank bringing a very low interest and for some removing the burden of having that money moved in and out every 4 months and always worried if one has enough to be able to renew their extension

19 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

am with you, did it this morning in and out in 5 minutes and report stapled into passport thus nothing to worry about.... old way better way like the red wine  555

Last 90 day was a few weeks back, I walked out of the IM office 20 minutes before official opening time, all done and dusted with a pleasant reminder that my visa extension was coming up soon. 

Complaints from me - nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Last 90 day was a few weeks back, I walked out of the IM office 20 minutes before official opening time, all done and dusted with a pleasant reminder that my visa extension was coming up soon. 

Complaints from me - nothing. 

i always go jomtien never have to wait in and out within 5 mins....I go at around 3.45  EASY

42 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Ok so if I try to put that in a nutshell you're saying that Thailand's rules to let old broke farts stay in has no equivalent in the west. Yes, that does sound about right. And makes sense why Thailand would want to get rid of it too.

How old are you. 30 or 18?  Hard to know by your responses here. 

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

good.  a face saving out has been found. Farang too stupid to operate the tech they invented.

but i for one will welcome a bank style app with total accounting of all your TM forms. If only to stop all the TM30 form topics.

So the TM30 is here to stay then, regardless of what was said on the 'relieve problems' post?

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

A few years short of passing the old fart requirement. 15 at heart, 125 at health. 

Yikes, the 125 health is ominous.  I am 40 at heart and well past the old fart requisite. Health is day to day.

Would be super to see some relief re:  90 day and TM30/Tm28. I think, although misguided perhaps, optimism is going to be my trajectory.

8 hours ago, Chicken George said:

App just does not work.

in Android and OSX it does, 
just done it two weeks ago.
Mind, if spelling is not your Forte, do use the drop down menu
to get spelling of Nationality and Country correct.

8 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

expect: big headlines, everybody cheering, pats on the back all round

expect: devils in the details.. oh <deleted> we gotta do what now??!!

it NEVER ends well for us here

they'll probably 'tag' us instead

Ear tags could help, especially if large enough and the right colour. 

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I've done 90 day reporting online for the last 4 years. For the most part, it's always been up and running. All the info is saved in Chrome and it can be done in 5 mins. I'm quite tech savvy, but I've had to help a few friends do theirs as not everyone is. 

For me, the big thing is they completely get rid of the TM30. Even if they make it so simple it can be done in 10 seconds, it's something I have to remember to do. And if I don't, I will get fined. For what? Forgetting to tell them I travelled and spent money in another province? 

Get rid of the TM30 completely. It's stupid and it makes the Thai authorities look stupid. 

Makes them look stupid - - you can't fix stupid, nothing to do with looks. 

8 hours ago, Chazar said:

Ive used it many times successfully and it does save me time, it did  not work for at least 12  months after they brought it in, after that it worked only in IE browser but even then it  still had  faults especially with the address  section where the site reverted to Thai language.

So now? what another "reincarnation" anything but abolishing it.

Your talking about the online system. This is an app on your phone. 

11 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Right colour? Who decides the colour?

I can see the fashion police having a field day, especially if size comes into it.

Colour could relate to the visa type and or the visa extension class just to add to the confusion 

Instead of all this flaffing about with TM47, TM30, TM7, why can't they allow indefinite leave to reamin, if you have been a permanent resident for say, 5 years? Think of the manpower and paperwork that would save. Plus all the wages for lord knows how many IO's, scamming money for just about any excuse they can think of. 

Someone poke me in the ribs to wake me up????

9 hours ago, Chazar said:

No it  will be the last, the last thing they ever  do

I really believe that we are not welcome in Thailand, they want our money, investments, expertise, knowlege but they just not want us ???? 

10 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

I used it (not for the first time) a week ago and have received a successful approval a few days later, but no email confirmation, I had to keep checking progress until I saw an approval notification.

This was on the website, not mobile app.

Are you supposed to get an email confirmation? The last time I checked it out, when it is approved,you shall print out the slip yourself and staple it inside the passport. 

11 hours ago, Chazar said:

Expect more total  and  utter  BS  nonsense to emerge

First reply to the topic and you achieved that!

How dare they have the temerity to try and improve things- what will the chest beaters and renderers of clothes down at the Pub of Muchfrothing do now?

5 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Many have visas based on investment, which acts the same. Just need the $

A fair chunk of change.... USA

After demonstrating that you have complied with the two-year employment of a minimum 10 workers and maintained your minimum $1 million investedyou can qualify for permanent green card status. If you invest in a high unemployment area of the United States, the amount required to qualify may be only $500,000 U.S.

Archived