65000 a month

I went to a immigration police website from this forum and found letter stating that this year they would forgo the 12 months, as law went into effect Jan,2019, How are we supposed to show 12 months when this is only the 9th month of 2019

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, john thom said:

I went to a immigration police website from this forum and found letter stating that this year they would forgo the 12 months, as law went into effect Jan,2019, How are we supposed to show 12 months when this is only the 9th month of 2019

Yes, they've been instructed to consider "leniency" on the number of months this year because of that issue. But they are not required to show leniency and there have been multiple reports here (office dependent) where such leniency was not granted. Next year -- forget it.

I think the rules are different for INITIAL retirement extensions because in those cases it would be very unusual to have a 12 month record either this year or later. 

Edited by Jingthing

41 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, they've been instructed to consider "leniency" on the number of months this year because of that issue. But they are not required to show leniency and there have been multiple reports here (office dependent) where such leniency was not granted. Next year -- forget it.

I think the rules are different for INITIAL retirement extensions because in those cases it would be very unusual to have a 12 month record either this year or later. 

yea, your right-  sucks for us., but guess that's what we're stuck with

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2019 at 6:43 PM, zorrow424 said:

At immigration yesterday for 90 day

Asked immigration concerning 12 months showing for 65000   answered with 4 5 or 6 bank statements//months will be OK.   That seems OK as could only get 11 months in

Can you share the office location?

9920d4d6936282d6ae1b75c482e99afe.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to renew my annual ext stay/ret at Div. 1/CW last Wed. I used the income method, supported by nine (9) monthly qualifying transfers (Jan-Sep). No issues, so was granted leniency, used Bangkok Bank QFT summary letter, with all nine Credit Advice/Receipts. Also had to provide passbook copies showing all QFTs, and all passbook originals. and same day Balance Forward in passbook. QFT letter was obtained ~ 7 days in advance, while I waited (BBL/Silom HO), while account ownership letter was obtained one day earlier, and acceptable.

Yes, I know I'll need to show twelve QFTs (Oct/19-Sep/20) next year. Assuming they don't change the rules.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:11 PM, john thom said:

On 9/23/2019 at 9:40 AM, john thom said:

Sisaket-

I have a friend in Si Sa Ket, married to a Thai, but on an extension based on retirement.

He renewed his extension in July (due August) based on 7 monthly overseas transfers of 65K.

He started his transfers in January after the UK Embassy ceased Income letters in Dec and TI announced amended orders in January.

I therefore sincerely believe your problem is because you made no effort to start making monthly overseas transfers until June (?).

As I previously advised, I'd return to Si Sa Ket Imm, take a copy of the above 'leniency' notice and plead ignorance of being aware of the cessation of Embassy Income letters and TI's amended orders, until May of this year, at which point you started making transfers.

Ask to speak to the senior IO to plead your case. You have nothing to lose.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Complete nonsense, just go somewhere else to live and don't be held to ransom just so you can live here.

Navigating the thai bureaucratic immigration rules for sure is difficult and often confusing. 

Luckily the TV Forum is here to provide help.

But God help you if you are not admin-minded or don't have internet access.

For some long-stayers that missed the digital train, complying with the rules will be a real ordeal

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Denis said:

Navigating the thai bureaucratic immigration rules for sure is difficult and often confusing. 

Luckily the TV Forum is here to provide help.

But God help you if you are not admin-minded or don't have internet access.

For some long-stayers that missed the digital train, complying with the rules will be a real ordeal

Yes agree, must be thousands of expats that don't ever come on here or indeed the net, must really be difficult going it 'alone'

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You live where exactly - Khon Kaen - Thailand.  ????

First of all, you really shouldn't take a 'members' locale as gospel. Secondly, my point is if it's too much trouble residing in Thailand I just wouldn't bother. So why that has anything to do to where I may currently 'live' (without any issues) fails me. As you were..

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

First of all, you really shouldn't take a 'members' locale as gospel. Secondly, my point is if it's too much trouble residing in Thailand I just wouldn't bother. So why that has anything to do to where I may currently 'live' (without any issues) fails me. As you were..

Sorry, but when a member in answering a question from another member and has nothing more than to comment than 'go live elsewhere' or 'go back home', it smacks of their ignorance in the law, or their inability to follow it and give a useful answer.

If you can't post more useful information, why bother posting at all.!

You've heeded your own advice - obviously.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Sorry, but when a member in answering a question from another member and has nothing more than to comment than 'go live elsewhere' or 'go back home', it smacks of their ignorance in the law, or their inability to follow it and give a useful answer.

If you can't post more useful information, why bother posting at all.!

You've heeded your own advice - obviously.

Yea, great comeback, so original!

Been in Thailand 13 years on Retiree Extensions, with Thai Family and Children here.

Seems like they never cut us a Break, just add more Red Tape causing added problems.

Where is the Respect for Elders ?  Understanding that the 55 and Older crowd is never

any security threat, especially those with Family and Children, Why keep turning the screws ?

They should give retirees red tape exemptions, after being here more than two years with no problems. If I did not have Family here, I would go to Cambodia, Vietnam, or Laos, where you

pay $300 to $500 and are done for 1 year, without all the added hassles.

Still waiting for Thailand to get some Common Sense, and grow up to Modern Rules, like other

SE Asia countries.

• Like 1

I understand that the department of immigration in Thailand issued a new directive in May this year (2019) stating that retirees over the age of 60 years who entered the Kingdom of Thailand before the 21st October 1998 and have maintained annual retirement visa extensions every year since that date, may now obtain their annual extension based upon a reduced sum in a Thai bank account in their name of 200,000 Baht and a monthly income of not less than 20,000 Baht.
Unfortunately, although I am 76 years old and have lived in Thailand for 21 years, my first O visa was granted on the 27th December 1998 and therefore presumably the new ruling does not enable me to obtain an extension on the basis of the reduced requirements.
Does anyone know the answer?

Sent from my SM-J120G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 minutes ago, Farangdad said:

I understand that the department of immigration in Thailand issued a new directive in May this year (2019) stating that retirees over the age of 60 years who entered the Kingdom of Thailand before the 21st October 1998 and have maintained annual retirement visa extensions every year since that date, may now obtain their annual extension based upon a reduced sum in a Thai bank account in their name of 200,000 Baht and a monthly income of not less than 20,000 Baht.
Unfortunately, although I am 76 years old and have lived in Thailand for 21 years, my first O visa was granted on the 27th December 1998 and therefore presumably the new ruling does not enable me to obtain an extension on the basis of the reduced requirements.
Does anyone know the answer?

Sent from my SM-J120G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don't think that grandfathering exception is at all new. As far as are you eligible, well if the dates you gave are accurate, I think you answered your own question already.

• 2 weeks later...