DPM Prawit: Floods, water shortages must be addressed simultaneously

webfact

DPM Prawit: Floods, water shortages must be addressed simultaneously

7a10296570f4c45acce9ff2398269571_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 13 September 2019(NNT) - The Spokesman for the Ministry of Defense, Lt. Gen. Kongcheep Tantravanich said that the Deputy Prime Minister, Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, had chaired a meeting of the Office of the National Water Resources (ONWR) at Government House, Bangkok, to discuss this year’s operations and fine-tune the water management plan for 2020.

The meeting acknowledged the progress of this year’s important projects, after the government allocated a budget of 19 billion baht to implement 144 projects to increase the number of reservoirs and build 30,000 weirs nationwide.

The meeting also acknowledged the funds needed to address flood situations and water shortages in all provinces. Officials at the meeting considered the water management plan for 2020, which involves 28 agencies, 57,975 projects and a budget of 310 billion baht. The officials also approved a plan to set up a special command center and a war room under the administration of the ONWR.

Gen. Prawit said all related agencies, particularly the ONWR, the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, have to perform their duties according to His Majesty the King’s royal policy of continuing, preserving, and building upon the legacy.

The agencies are to closely monitor the water situation and work together proactively to address floods and water shortages. They are to keep track of all statistics and try to reduce damage from floods by managing main water sources and building new water storage facilities for consumption, water retention areas and weirs.

They are to address the problem of areas facing repeated drought, and carry out public relations activities to make people understand the current water situation and contribute to their operations, especially major projects that may affect them.

All agencies have been instructed to support their plans, which encompass six functions. They include managing water consumption, establishing water security, addressing floods, maintaining water quality and protecting marine resources, restoring watershed forest areas and preventing soil erosion. The government has allocated funds to address water problems in all areas and will follow up on its efforts, with concrete results to be achieved in 2020.

nnt.jpg

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The officials also approved a plan to set up a special command center and a war room

I was in shock for a moment and thought they had forgotten to mention the mandatory committee. Nothing happens or doesn't happen in Thailand without a committee. But then I saw it. 

Command centre and war room. It doesn't get any better or more impressive than that. I wonder will it be in a bunker.

12 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

I was in shock for a moment and thought they had forgotten to mention the mandatory committee. Nothing happens or doesn't happen in Thailand without a committee. But then I saw it. 

Command centre and war room. It doesn't get any better or more impressive than that. I wonder will it be in a bunker.

image.jpeg.4398d7cced1905c71095a329502f8d1f.jpeg

Prawit in the war room. Well, there is a certain similarity in looks.

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I thought the water management plan was one of the top agenda after the coup. Seem the junta sat on it for last 5 years and 9 years after the big flood. Wasteful years of procrastination or just pure incompetency.  

Be reasonable, there have been many other important priorities in the mind of the PM since 2014.

Like visiting the tinpot dictatorships in Africa and the Middle East, Lamyai's lewd dancing, the lotteries, pavements, prancing around in traditional costume, daily exercise discipline for the civil service, frog stroking, paddling in wading pools, yoga...........do you want me to go on? . 

Lamyai and PM.jpg

Prayut 4.jpg

prayuth-chan-ocha1-112316.jpg

prayuthfrog.jpg

Wading pool.jpeg

12 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Be reasonable, there have been many other important priorities in the mind of the PM since 2014.

Like visiting the tinpot dictatorships in Africa and the Middle East, Lamyai's lewd dancing, the lotteries, pavements, prancing around in traditional costume, daily exercise discipline for the civil service, frog stroking, paddling in wading pools, yoga...........do you want me to go on? . 

You forgot playing cars...

PM Playcar 3.jpg

Archived