3 injured in 2-car Sattahip collision

Rimmer

3 injured in 2-car Sattahip collision

image.png

SATTAHIP:--Three people were injured when a car jumped a red light causing a head on collision.

Sattahip police said they will need to study CCTV footage to see if Waree Slipasai, 51, driving a Mitsubishi Mirage, or Songpol Kakutwiwat 40, driving a Honda Civic was at fault. Both sustained multiple injuries.

Also injured was Waree’s husband, RTN PO1 Panu Slipasai, a passenger in the Mirage.

All three were taken to Queen Sirikit Hospital.

Witnesses told police the Mitsubishi was being driven straight from Sattahip on Sukhumvit Road at KM 167 during the early evening hours. When approaching the Bang Saray intersection, the Honda turned into the Navy Training Center across the road. The accident occurred in the middle of the junction.

Police are investigating who disobeyed the traffic signal.

Read more:

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-09-12--

If I am not mistaken, this may be the same traffic lights where a speeding local motorcyclist got creamed by a u-turning pickup a few months back. I think that the turning area controlled by these traffic lights is longer than your average junction, maybe around 80 meters. Regular traffic light timing maybe doesn't allow for a fast moving vehicle or motorbike and exposes them to a much greater risk from traffic turning into the base (or u-turning) on green if they gamble on running the red.

16 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Sukhumvit Road at KM 167 during the early evening hours. When approaching the Bang Saray intersection,

This section of the road has seen over twenty deaths whilst I lived there.  Motorists speed downhill to beat the lights.  I cannot believe there are working cameras there as five cars per change run the red lights.  In eleven years I have seen ONE policeman with a camera.

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

This section of the road has seen over twenty deaths whilst I lived there.  Motorists speed downhill to beat the lights.  I cannot believe there are working cameras there as five cars per change run the red lights.  In eleven years I have seen ONE policeman with a camera.

And he was probably Just taking selfies?