The getting old curse – How are you dealing with it?

tomgreen

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

Sorry, I don't see that as living, being dependent on others to feed me, bathe me, and change my diapers. At least when you were a baby you didn't know any different.

You are the most pessamistic person  (besides ThaiBeachLover ) that I have ever lisened to on TV. Besides pages of examples of people who have changed their lives , setting records in marathons/bodybuilding in their 70's , 80's even 90's you keep talking about ending up in a nursing home unable to care for yourself and that's why you and TBL have searched for Euthanasia drugs on the internet. You say your in pretty good health now but you rather search for a painless way to end your life when you get feeble rather than try to keep from getting feeble by doing things to slow down the declining effects of aging . I don't advocate exercise , suppliments or PED's to make one look younger (although that is sometimes a secondary effect) but to keep oneself as strong, vibrant as we can be till we die. Not all elderly end up in nursing homes or are feeble  ---- walking  with walkers or in wheel chairs. Many live viable long lives till they drop dead or die peacefully in their sleep.

74156976_2773858859298948_7781288388711153664_n.jpg

IGF-1.jpg

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tony125 said:

You are the most pessamistic person  (besides ThaiBeachLover ) that I have ever lisened to on TV. Besides pages of examples of people who have changed their lives , setting records in marathons/bodybuilding in their 70's , 80's even 90's you keep talking about ending up in a nursing home unable to care for yourself and that's why you and TBL have searched for Euthanasia drugs on the internet. You say your in pretty good health now but you rather search for a painless way to end your life when you get feeble rather than try to keep from getting feeble by doing things to slow down the declining effects of aging . I don't advocate exercise , suppliments or PED's to make one look younger (although that is sometimes a secondary effect) but to keep oneself as strong, vibrant as we can be till we die. Not all elderly end up in nursing homes or are feeble  ---- walking  with walkers or in wheel chairs. Many live viable long lives till they drop dead or die peacefully in their sleep.

To be honest, I, and probably others as well, am sick of your preaching. If you had bothered to follow the conversation you would have seen I was responding to someone who was advocating life at any price, even bedridden, and I said that wasn't a price I would be prepared to pay, but keep plugging your endless cure-alls for a better and healthier life by all means. BTW, there must be some pics of some octogenarian running marathons that you haven't posted yet?

5 hours ago, Tony125 said:

IMO, it's pointless to keep posting pictures of good looking celebrities in their 60's and 70's.

For a start, most of them were born extremely attractive, so they have a head start.

Secondly, they're all rich so have personal trainers, dieticians etc.

They never have to worry about getting up at 5 o'clock in the morning and go and do

a 12 hour day of manual labour.

Have nannies to look after the kids, personal chefs, no money worries.

Comparing someone like Sly Stallone to a bus driver is like comparing apples to oranges.

Speaking of Sly, when he arrived at an Australian airport 12 years ago, he was caught with banned human growth hormones.

I'd say he's juiced himself up to the eyeballs.

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

IMO, it's pointless to keep posting pictures of good looking celebrities in their 60's and 70's.

For a start, most of them were born extremely attractive, so they have a head start.

Secondly, they're all rich so have personal trainers, dieticians etc.

They never have to worry about getting up at 5 o'clock in the morning and go and do

a 12 hour day of manual labour.

Have nannies to look after the kids, personal chefs, no money worries.

Comparing someone like Sly Stallone to a bus driver is like comparing apples to oranges.

Speaking of Sly, when he arrived at an Australian airport 12 years ago, he was caught with banned human growth hormones.

I'd say he's juiced himself up to the eyeballs.

I know with 33 pages it's tiring or people just don't want to read all the posts but in ALL my posts of me mentioning Stalone I coment on his taking HGH. I even name and show various suppliments  HGH/Testosterone Boosters and actual HGH/Testosterone shots that are legal and can be administered by  doctors at anti-aging Hormone replacement Clinics here in Thailand. In previous posts I also have shown normal regular people who started trianing in their later years and have made tremendous changes to their fittnes . Hey don't want to try as Thai say ït's up to you"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/fitness/this-73-year-old-fitness-fanatic-is-defying-expectations-on-every-level/ar-AAJzuGx?li=BBnba9O

Almost three years ago, Joan MacDonald found herself at her doctor's office, where she was told that her health was deteriorating rapidly. At 70 years old, she was on multiple medications for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and acid reflux. Doctors were telling her she needed to up the dosages—unless she made a drastic lifestyle change.

June Laverick et al. posing for the camera: Joan MacDonald is proving that it's never too late to make big life changes.

AAJzpW4.jpg

Only as old as you feel,I'm 66 started doing a bit of gym cardio work since start September this year,knee pain eliminated,hip pain eliminated,don't require Zantac for acid reflux anymore,my local doc told me years ago,150 minutes of exercise a week has been proven to be hugely beneficial to the heart system,if you keep telling yrself yr going downhill then you will,one reason I love Thailand it makes me feel young.

Everyone is aging everyday and as you I’m moving up there. You

habe to try and do what makes you happy and enjoy. If something 

thats affects you personally sometimes you have to get cranky.

Other things like what someone says on the forum not worth getting flustered. I was an guy that would get angry about almost 

everything. I just told myself why....

I’ve calmed down and enjoy life now and again. My wife once told me I was a cat with 9 lives ( 4 heart attacks started at 39 now closing up to 66), 

Sometimes when I look in the mirror I laugh because I make some of the expressions my Dad made rest his soul. Other times I think 

I quite the comedian looking in the mirror.

Anyway just enjoy life when you go you go.... 

Really enjoy this thread. 

I masturbate quite alot since getting past middle age. 

It's healthy and afterwards I'm too tired to care much about anything else, especially since the end result takes so long and requires so much energy. 

On 11/1/2019 at 12:59 AM, Tony125 said:

74156976_2773858859298948_7781288388711153664_n.jpg

IGF-1.jpg

Hello 

I must confess that I am deeply offended by your post. 

If you think he is the most pessimistic person on TV, you have not seen my posting history. 

I'd kindly ask you to please reconsider. 

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Some are lucky enough to die before that happens.

My father is 98 years of age, independent living, walks a few kilometers each day, swims 20 laps most days, attends concerts and enjoys life, no medications. His sister dropped dead in the garden (cultivating her vegie patch) at 101 years

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

Really enjoy this thread. 

I masturbate quite alot since getting past middle age. 

It's healthy and afterwards I'm too tired to care much about anything else, especially since the end result takes so long and requires so much energy. 

Been signing off again Mate?

On 10/31/2019 at 10:18 PM, BritManToo said:

I didn't have much fun before age 52, when I moved to Thailand, but by god I've packed it in since then!

Who could have guessed, that life as an old dude would contain so many young women, and so much beer?

Similar story minus the beer.

I certainly lived it large on Nana and in Pattaya.

I spent a lot of cash on those nice bodies, and the only thing I regret about it all is that I don't remember much about it 20 years later. Old age is such a <deleted>.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:59 AM, Tony125 said:

You are the most pessamistic person  (besides ThaiBeachLover ) that I have ever lisened to on TV. Besides pages of examples of people who have changed their lives , setting records in marathons/bodybuilding in their 70's , 80's even 90's you keep talking about ending up in a nursing home unable to care for yourself and that's why you and TBL have searched for Euthanasia drugs on the internet.

I'm not pessimistic; I'm realistic ( and very very cynical when it comes to people ).

I spent over 20 years as a nurse, so I KNOW what is ahead of me, and why anyone would want that I don't know. Most people are completely ignorant about nursing homes, and ignorance is BLISS.

Unfortunately, once in a nursing home, other than natural causes, the only escape is starvation, and even I don't want to go out that way.

On 10/31/2019 at 11:40 PM, giddyup said:

We also live longer because a lot of fatal diseases have been eradicated and hygiene and nutrition has improved.

Clean drinking water has probably been the single most important thing in health benefit.

Even filthy people live longer if drinking uncontaminated water.

On 9/16/2019 at 9:32 AM, VocalNeal said:

TaKe 600mg of Aspirin before you fly and every? during flight and for 3 days after.  It thins blood and reduces the effect of DVT. 

600mg of aspirin? Are you serious? Don't shave for a few weeks after or you are likely to bleed to death!! Jeez I take 90mg as per doctors orders and bleed like a stuck pig if I cut myself shaving.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:40 PM, giddyup said:

We also live longer because a lot of fatal diseases have been eradicated and hygiene and nutrition has improved.

Unfortunately a lot of fatal diseases are making a comeback in spite of readily available vaccines. The twisted logic says there are no diseases no so we don't need to vaccinate and lo and behold the diseases reappear. Throw in the internet spreading anti vaxxer bs and you have a real problem.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:24 PM, giddyup said:

Get real, there's a big difference between depending on some of the necessities of life like electricity and water, than someone wiping your <deleted> and hand feeding you, and I'd rather be accused of having an ego than dependent on someone for my every need, basically a parasite.

I guess you are not on a pension then?

On 11/1/2019 at 12:45 AM, Dexxter said:

I am almost 66 and starting to feel the various aches and pains that come with age, especially my feet. ????

Apparently I look younger than my age, but I don't think that will last long. My 24 year old Thai partner tells me I am starting to look old and should do more exercise. We have lived together more than 4 years and she definitely makes me feel younger. If not for her I might be in an old age home by now. Love my little fountain of youth. ????

I play World of Warcraft online most days and that definitely keeps my mind active due to all the fast action and difficult challenges. Been playing more than 13 years so I think that may have kept my mind from deteriorating too much, although I am starting to forget things... hang on... what was this topic about again?

Let me get this straight...you were 62 and your partner was not yet 20?

And some people wonder why the Thais apparently want us out of the country.

I don't care if you are a rock star or a billionaire...that is downright creepy by any standard.

You play World of Warcraft, what does she do? Play dress up Barbie and Ken?

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

All good until you look at her neck...no hiding age there. Mind you I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting!

I had a neck lift a couple of years ago.  Definitely worthwhile to get rid of the chicken folds! I wouldn't advise doing under a local, (as I did) - too much neck ache from keeping my head still for 3 hours...

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

I had a neck lift a couple of years ago.  Definitely worthwhile to get rid of the chicken folds! I wouldn't advise doing under a local, (as I did) - too much neck ache from keeping my head still for 3 hours...

You could have asked for sedation. I had facial surgery ( not for cosmetic reasons ) under sedation. Fantastic stuff. 

How awful it would be if you knew the way and the time it would actually happen? At 70, you can believe you will live to a 100 and therefore have nearly 50% of your life still to come! Yes, you will become weaker and maybe suffer some ill health along the way but there are many much younger people (including a few on this forum) for whom being weak and unhealthy are facts of life for them now and are concerned about dying sooner as well!

For me, I have my moments when I fear dying - but not of death itself! I am not depressed and believe I can avoid an even earlier death by not thinking so much and creating stress about a very much unknown quantity. If I can go to bed one night and never wake up, that is my preferred way out.

You wouldn't be human if you didn't think this way from time to time but one of the best ways of thinking in a certain way is to find as many distractions as possible: your loved ones, your activities, your plans, whatever they are or could be. Somebody suggested you make a plan to do some things you really would like to do.

Not a wish list but a To Do List!!

Don't die your death while you still have your life!

Archived