The getting old curse – How are you dealing with it?

tomgreen

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Video of Raquel in Feb 2019

No doubt she looks good for her age, but she probably spends several hours getting her makeup done before appearing. I want to see what she looks like when she just gets out of bed, preferably naked. Then again, maybe I don't.

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They look like they could afford very good plastic surgeons. The Welch one looks as if she hasn't aged at all.

Actually Welch is broke, she had to start a Gofundme post.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Actually Welch is broke, she had to start a Gofundme post.

Your info is incorrect,  Raquel Welch is worth 30 million USD

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/raquel-welch-net-worth/

Dawn Wells from Gilligan's Island is the girl that had a GoFundMe page started for her by friends to pay off outstanding debts

45 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Your info is incorrect,  Raquel Welch is worth 30 million USD

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/raquel-welch-net-worth/

Dawn Wells from Gilligan's Island is the girl that had a GoFundMe page started for her by friends to pay off outstanding debts

My typo mistake it was Wells I meant to say. Is there no shame to these celebrities? Someone who's earned big money and blown it or invested badly now looking for handouts? Makes me gag.

The title was how are you dealing with old age? I do not belong to this FB group but you might want to.

Don’t wait until the body shuts down
Until you have an injury that puts you out of work...takes you away from activities you love to do...stops you from fully living life...
Our bodies are just like the cars we drive...they need a bit of maintenance to run well..
We preach 4 main things in our membership
1. Body awareness- you can’t change what you don’t know. And most often times you don’t even know what you don’t know. So you gotta get in tune with your body and where it’s stuck or not moving well instead of cookie cutter approaches
2. Dynamic movement- mobility and activation, priming the soft tissue and joints is key to longevity
3. Strengthening- to be able to hold and support the body in positions you do in your life...and also being strong is badass...
Recovery- taking time to unwind whether that be soft tissue, stretching, mindful breathing
You need all 4 elements for a strong thriving body. Not just one.
If you’re constantly doing the same things over and over and not seeing much results It’s likely you are missing one of these things
Our members are crushing the first module as they begin to build the habit of daily self care
Want to learn more? Link in Bio!
????@starathketes_

Image may contain: one or more people and text

19 hours ago, Tony125 said:

The title was how are you dealing with old age? I do not belong to this FB group but you might want to.

Don’t wait until the body shuts down
Until you have an injury that puts you out of work...takes you away from activities you love to do...stops you from fully living life...
Our bodies are just like the cars we drive...they need a bit of maintenance to run well..
We preach 4 main things in our membership
1. Body awareness- you can’t change what you don’t know. And most often times you don’t even know what you don’t know. So you gotta get in tune with your body and where it’s stuck or not moving well instead of cookie cutter approaches
2. Dynamic movement- mobility and activation, priming the soft tissue and joints is key to longevity
3. Strengthening- to be able to hold and support the body in positions you do in your life...and also being strong is badass...
Recovery- taking time to unwind whether that be soft tissue, stretching, mindful breathing
You need all 4 elements for a strong thriving body. Not just one.
If you’re constantly doing the same things over and over and not seeing much results It’s likely you are missing one of these things
Our members are crushing the first module as they begin to build the habit of daily self care
Want to learn more? Link in Bio!
????@starathketes_

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Thanks for the info. However Facebook has too much dodgy dealings with our information for my liking, so I will not use it.

I am about your age, just worry that I will become sick and become dependent on others .

I am determined that if ever I get sick going to doctor is a waste of time and making everyone in hospital busy for nothing. I will have to exit before I start <deleted>ting and pissing all over the bed.

I have more or less figure out what to do.

If you google "Jainist assistd suicide in India" on youtube you will see some old people getting reading to exit with the help of their families. The old guy or lady practically starved themselves to death but with the help their families members. Nobody cries nobody feel sad, in fact it is considered a proper and right way for old people to leave this world in the presence of their love ones who sing songs. They leave this world in the arms of their loves ones. Relatives come round to say goodbye.

The Jainists explanation is that when you come to the end of your useful life you wish to leave this world you should be allow to do so.

You have a birthday party for welcoming a baby so you have a good bye party for the elderly.

I find Jainist thinking the most sensible and kind. By the way no prayer during the funeral of Jainists , they don't believe in God.

3 minutes ago, ylmiri said:

I am about your age, just worry that I will become sick and become dependent on others .

I am determined that if ever I get sick going to doctor is a waste of time and making everyone in hospital busy for nothing. I will have to exit before I start <deleted>ting and pissing all over the bed.

I have more or less figure out what to do.

If you google "Jainist assistd suicide in India" on youtube you will see some old people getting reading to exit with the help of their families. The old guy or lady practically starved themselves to death but with the help their families members. Nobody cries nobody feel sad, in fact it is considered a proper and right way for old people to leave this world in the presence of their love ones who sing songs. They leave this world in the arms of their loves ones. Relatives come round to say goodbye.

The Jainists explanation is that when you come to the end of your useful life you wish to leave this world you should be allow to do so.

You have a birthday party for welcoming a baby so you have a good bye party for the elderly.

I find Jainist thinking the most sensible and kind. By the way no prayer during the funeral of Jainists , they don't believe in God.

But the rural Thai do essentially the same in that,in most cases,the dying are discharged home to be with one's family for however how long it takes..

Plenty of visitors...people don't go lonely.

Starvation is a difficult way to go.

I guess that Westerners have a difficult time surrendering control but a nice,comfy,surprise death in one's sleep (unless assisted by morphine) is usually not an option-it's generally much harder than that.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:40 AM, giddyup said:

I want to see what she looks like when she just gets out of bed, preferably naked. Then again, maybe I don't.

Ach, laddie, I vomit in disgust and scream in horror whenever I catch a fleeting glimpse of my own disgusting pale jiggling naked body, I dont even want to think of all the flesh dangling off of one of them. Im gagging right now,

Please dear god, take me with a Medium Rare Tomahawk in my jaws, THC in My lungs and an 18 year old babe on the bottom. I wish I could drink and smoke, Id want to hold a Bulleit and Camel too.

10 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Ach, laddie, I vomit in disgust and scream in horror whenever I catch a fleeting glimpse of my own disgusting pale jiggling naked body, I dont even want to think of all the flesh dangling off of one of them. Im gagging right now,

Please dear god, take me with a Medium Rare Tomahawk in my jaws, THC in My lungs and an 18 year old babe on the bottom. I wish I could drink and smoke, Id want to hold a Bulleit and Camel too.

If you cannot bear the sight of all the own disgusting pale jiggling naked body, why attempt to subject an 18 year old to life long trauma? Not even a million dollars could pay for her therapy

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

If you cannot bear the sight of all the own disgusting pale jiggling naked body, why attempt to subject an 18 year old to life long trauma? Not even a million dollars could pay for her therapy

The things people will do for money eh?

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Young people are far more resilient thatn you think

21 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

But the rural Thai do essentially the same in that,in most cases,the dying are discharged home to be with one's family for however how long it takes..

Plenty of visitors...people don't go lonely.

Starvation is a difficult way to go.

I guess that Westerners have a difficult time surrendering control but a nice,comfy,surprise death in one's sleep (unless assisted by morphine) is usually not an option-it's generally much harder than that.

Yes, yes, starvation is a difficult way to go. I believe for the Jainists who often do fasting in their normal life it is probably a less difficult way to go because the belief is so strong it overcome hunger in some ways.

Jainism is quite similar to Buddhism, even Mahavhira who first taught Jainism was a contemporary of Buddha-

Getting old is not the problem, physical and or mental decline is. Everyone back home seems to have relatives in care dribbling and mumbling, most don't know what day it is or who the people are visiting. Some have to to lifted onto toilets at certain times, leaving residents to have wet themselves before. have to be fed, washed and have their <deleted>'s wiped, who wants to end up like that? Euthanasia should be a right, now suffering for years cannot be avoided unless you can do it yourself.

https://healthprep.com/fitness-nutrition/workouts-for-seniors-to-stay-fit/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=267640608&utm_content=1272135239549467&utm_term=senior exercise routine&msclkid=fec01cf4cc211d8562654168582cecac

https://lifeinthegoldenyears.com/9-easy-exercises-people-55-should-do-every-week/?utm_source=%2Bseniors %2Bexercises&utm_medium=seniorexercises&utm_campaign=bing

https://alphanation.com/fitness/screw-gym-memberships/

Many of you keep talking about the inevitable weakening of your bodies  ( strength, mental, immune system) Saying no exercise or suppliments can help or delay the decline. Photos of Sylvester Stallone below show him more cut/ripped at 73 than when he did Rocky in his 30's. Never too late to start but it's up to you. Exercise and take HGH (Human growth hormone) or Testosterone boosters to increase strenth by helping your body produce more HGH/Testosterone naturally or go full bore and take the actual shots of HGH or Testosterone available at many pharmacies here or at a hormone replacement clinic in Pattaya.

Sylvester-Stallone-Workout-For-Expendables.jpg

Sylvester-Stallone-Spends-6-Figures-on-Rocky-Statue.jpg

9 hours ago, Tony125 said:

https://healthprep.com/fitness-nutrition/workouts-for-seniors-to-stay-fit/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=267640608&utm_content=1272135239549467&utm_term=senior exercise routine&msclkid=fec01cf4cc211d8562654168582cecac

https://lifeinthegoldenyears.com/9-easy-exercises-people-55-should-do-every-week/?utm_source=%2Bseniors %2Bexercises&utm_medium=seniorexercises&utm_campaign=bing

https://alphanation.com/fitness/screw-gym-memberships/

Many of you keep talking about the inevitable weakening of your bodies  ( strength, mental, immune system) Saying no exercise or suppliments can help or delay the decline. Photos of Sylvester Stallone below show him more cut/ripped at 73 than when he did Rocky in his 30's. Never too late to start but it's up to you. Exercise and take HGH (Human growth hormone) or Testosterone boosters to increase strenth by helping your body produce more HGH/Testosterone naturally or go full bore and take the actual shots of HGH or Testosterone available at many pharmacies here or at a hormone replacement clinic in Pattaya.

Sylvester-Stallone-Workout-For-Expendables.jpg

Sylvester-Stallone-Spends-6-Figures-on-Rocky-Statue.jpg

He's rich and probably still has groupies.

Some of us don't have a life worth living once we pass 70 or so. 

All the options for suicide involve some risk of injury to others ( jumping, crashing ) or don't guarantee success. I'm holding out for legal euthanasia. The government can't keep supporting all the oldies as the numbers increase, so hopefully will be forced to allow it.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All the options for suicide involve some risk of injury to others ( jumping, crashing ) or don't guarantee success. I'm holding out for legal euthanasia. The government can't keep supporting all the oldies as the numbers increase, so hopefully will be forced to allow it.

The extremely high cost of euthanasia drugs has come from the EU countries raising the price so to deter the US from executing prisoners. Your not going to see countries making them redily available due to religious views and or laws on their books. Stallone and others may be rich but I have been taking HGH boosters for awhile can order online and I have bought IGF-1 sprays here in Thailand (about $30 a month) and that alone ( with exercise) has kept my energy levels high and I am phyisically strong. I am 72 not cut like Stallone yet but I'm working on it and I am not taking the shots as he does but even those are onky like $125---$150 from pharmacies I have talked with---- a little more at the Hormone replacement clinic in Pattaya.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Back in the UK I didn't have a life living after I passed 40 or so.

Age 50 I discovered Thailand, then realised the life I had in the UK hadn't been worth living after age 25.

I've had more 'life worth living' in SEA after age 50, than I ever managed in the western world at any age.

Funny thing is, I didn't know how worthless and miserable my life in the UK was, until after I had left.

I always though sex (averaging) once a month was about as good as it could get.

How wrong I was!

And thinking about the rich and famous guys in the west, do they really have it any better?

How many have lost fortunes (Robin Williams) to women that probably limited their sex after the marriage (same as ours did) or got divorce raped (Tiger Woods) when they tried for a bit more than their 'once a month' wife was prepared to offer. Not to mention all the guys (Harvey Weinstein & Bill Crosby) that were made to pay later. 

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

sThe extremely high cost of euthanasia drugs has come from the EU countries raising the price so to deter the US from executing prisoners. Your not going to see countries making them redily available due to religious views and or laws on their books. Stallone and others may be rich but I have been taking HGH boosters for awhile can order online and I have bought IGF-1 sprays here in Thailand (about $30 a month) and that alone ( with exercise) has kept my energy levels high and I am phyisically strong. I am 72 not cut like Stallone yet but I'm working on it and I am not taking the shots as he does but even those are onky like $125---$150 from pharmacies I have talked with---- a little more at the Hormone replacement clinic in Pattaya.

I'm happy for you that you have something worth living for. Prostate cancer destroyed my sex life, a bad woman destroyed my finances, not getting pension in Thailand so I had to leave destroyed what little life I enjoyed, and now I'm just hanging about in the waiting room. No family so there is nothing to keep me on planet earth.

Nothing terribly horrible with my life- fairly good social security system, though the cost of rents exceeds the pension.

Just don't have anything to give life meaning, since can't afford to do much.

Most exciting thing I do now is eat sugary food and come on TVF.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Back in the UK I didn't have a life living after I passed 40 or so.

Age 50 I discovered Thailand, then realised the life I had in the UK hadn't been worth living after age 25.

I've had more 'life worth living' in SEA after age 50, than I ever managed in the western world at any age.

Funny thing is, I didn't know how worthless and miserable my life in the UK was, until after I had left.

I always though sex (averaging) once a month was about as good as it could get.

How wrong I was!

And thinking about the rich and famous guys in the west, do they really have it any better?

How many have lost fortunes (Robin Williams) to women that probably limited their sex after the marriage (same as ours did) or got divorce raped (Tiger Woods) when they tried for a bit more than their 'once a month' wife was prepared to offer. Not to mention all the guys (Harvey Weinstein & Bill Crosby) that were made to pay later. 

Similar story to you, except that I stuffed it up by getting married. Biggest mistake I ever made. I did live with a woman for a few years in my 30s, and ended up with nothing. Had to start again.

Where it all went wrong was thinking Thai women were different, and to be specific that the one I married was different.

Renting is the way to go, and when they get stroppy and think they own one, move on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 3:09 PM, giddyup said:

Too late now, damage has been done, and like I said I'm really up to the gills with vitamins and supplements. I appreciate your advice, but at 77 I'm not sure if a couple of extra vitamins or different supplements are either going to prolong or improve my life. Wouldn't say my health is perfect, but it's probably a lot better than some.

84 year old woman Army Vet challenges TSA agent to push up contest

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/84-year-old-army-veteran-challenges-tsa-agent-to-push-up-contest-before-her-flight/ar-AAIZCJX?li=BBnba9O

As I mentioned before the rotator cuff can be reconditioned she is 7 years older than you and still cranking them out.

41 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

84 year old woman Army Vet challenges TSA agent to push up contest

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/84-year-old-army-veteran-challenges-tsa-agent-to-push-up-contest-before-her-flight/ar-AAIZCJX?li=BBnba9O

As I mentioned before the rotator cuff can be reconditioned she is 7 years older than you and still cranking them out.

Reconditioned as in having surgery? No thanks, I'll try and enjoy what time I have left and hopefully not face any lingering illnesses, just take one day at a time.

40 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Reconditioned as in having surgery? No thanks, I'll try and enjoy what time I have left and hopefully not face any lingering illnesses, just take one day at a time.

No and I have never mentioned surgery in any of my previous posts. I  did mention certain suppliments that can allieviate pain and rebuild muscles/tendons and various theraputic exercises that can strenthen and give renewed flexability to damaged joints. You hurt both  rotator cuffs by trying to force a pushup instead of seeking a trainer ( if just starting to try and get back in condition) who would have given you exercises to first  help your flexability and then improve your strength thru assisited push ups thru various machines available at most gyms.

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

No and I have never mentioned surgery in any of my previous posts. I  did mention certain suppliments that can allieviate pain and rebuild muscles/tendons and various theraputic exercises that can strenthen and give renewed flexability to damaged joints. You hurt both  rotator cuffs by trying to force a pushup instead of seeking a trainer ( if just starting to try and get back in condition) who would have given you exercises to first  help your flexability and then improve your strength thru assisited push ups thru various machines available at most gyms.

Exercise is the best way to go for rotator cuff injury repair, many surgeons will avoid surgical interventions especially on older people. Light resistance training, rest, diet, all help physical and psychological health

I had rotator cuff injuries to both shoulders - fell off a ladder onto a concrete floor, landing on my shoulder to avoid hitting my head.  The next day, while I relaxed in a hammock, it broke (!) and I fell onto a concrete floor on my other shoulder.....

Both shoulder injuries were painful and limited my physical movement.

Rather than surgical treatment, I began to exercise and to GENTLY stretch my shoulders through careful exercise.

Today. several years later, I have zero pain from either old injury.  My range of shoulder movement is about 95% of the norm and I'm aware of what exercises NOT to do which would overstretch those old injuries.

The point being - IMHO, thinking you are too old to exercise or because you have previous injuries is absolutely the wrong attitude to take.  Ignore those who tell you to 'take it easy'.  Get out of the house, walk gently, move your arms (gently), slowly bring your body back to the state it was in your 30's and 40's.  It can be done, it won't happen overnight, it shouldn't require surgery or expensive medications.

It DOES require a positive outlook ????

Ive got one regret. Sport. I suffer from action sports, my Chums told me id pay later. Now the Clay Shooters, Anglers and Archer Chums dont ache every day whilst i do.Athletics , i wish i nu what i know now.....[emoji441]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

25 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Ive got one regret. Sport. I suffer from action sports, my Chums told me id pay later. Now the Clay Shooters, Anglers and Archer Chums dont ache every day whilst i do.Athletics , i wish i nu what i know now.....emoji441.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

But they will one day and you will already be used to the aches and have forgotten them. Swings and.....

I'm still stiff in the morning, just in a different way!

Archived