Phuket Immigration clarifies TM28, 24-hour reporting ‘exceptions’

webfact

6 minutes ago, Seeall said:

yes there is

A foreign owner would be required to report themselves as the alien BUT there is no requirement for a landlord as such to report themselves. There would not be an instance where you are your own landlord.

There is no TM28 or TM30 requirement that specifically mentions landlord. 

A TM28 is the foreigner reporting

A TM30 is the owner, housemaster or possessor reporting themselves.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be consistent with my understanding that the requirement only applies to long term visas IE marriage or retirement visas. It is still messy and seriously limits travel. I think it would be best if  it only applied to a visa holders primary address.  hotels could still register stays o they could provide a registration phone app that records location, date and time.

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Are you asking about TM28 (this topic) or TM30 ?

Well that is a good question, to avoid the 800 Baht fine, my house address remains the same. After a 20 hour flight, reporting is impossible within 24 hours. I had to pay the last time. If it happens again I think I will just refuse to pay. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

...aliens are not required to notify the competent official in case of moving their residence.”

It is very confusing, because I am not sure there is such a thing as a 'competent official'.

So, visiting aliens are free to move around as they please, without hindrance, but the tax-paying and law-abiding long-stay foreigners are still considered the bigger threat to national security? Thailand, the stupidity of your logic beggars belief!

3 hours ago, ponder said:

And those who visit with the intention to commit terrorist activity, crime, fraud, have skipped bail or any other illegal activity must still submit details of their where abouts.....as they of couse would.

No problem they can travel with their accomplices through a few provinces, commit their heinous crimes and return home in 23 hrs and 59 min. No worries mate.

16 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

That looks like they have tossed a bone to those working with WPs but retired expats are still in limbo, for now at least. Guess this deflects the ire of business which was obviously strong but they don't appear to want to fully 180 it for everyone just yet. 

Just to make it a little bit more confusing ............ I have a WP but I am on a Non-O extension .......... what do I do ???? ????

28 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Well that is a good question, to avoid the 800 Baht fine, my house address remains the same. After a 20 hour flight, reporting is impossible within 24 hours. I had to pay the last time. If it happens again I think I will just refuse to pay. 

and they will revoke you visa.

19 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Well that will keep the businesses and workers happy, so now it won't be international news anymore, that'll save a bit of face for them, meanwhile the rest of us will have to obey he who must be obeyedbrianthainess

Looks like long stayers took one for the team. Scrapping the tm30 altogether was to much face loss so just hit the already punch drunk retiree's. I'm starting to do a 180 and now  buying into the ..they don't want us theory, there is no other explanation based on the OP

15 hours ago, DrTuner said:

retirees and marriages were added after 1979 and nobody bothered to add them to the TM28 exemption list as per immigration act clause 37, that's why they are not on this poster.

DrTuner's post #17 clearly explains why retirees and marriages are not mentioned on the poster < see higher >.

The embarassing omission makes the poster useless and confusing.  So better ignore.  I expect that Immigration will remove the one on their website and the printed versions soon, but it will still linger a long time online in the TVF.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Does this apply for whole Thailand or only Phuket?

All government offices/officers in this country run their own rules and regulations how they seem fit at any particular moment in time, and don't seem to come under any law of the kingdom, most because they don't know and just make it up as they go along, and  (B) even if they realize they are wrong, won't retract the misinformation/mistake they have made for fear of losing face. Case of fact; TRAT transport office refusing my yellow book and pink card to register a car.

20 hours ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

So Expats are getting the shaft and still under suspicion of possibly being an "international terrorist" as previously stated concerning alien visitors? Well what a steaming load...

Replace Expat by it's more common synonym "immigrant" and yes you get the worldwide applicable suspicion, 

22 hours ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

So Expats are getting the shaft and still under suspicion of possibly being an "international terrorist" as previously stated concerning alien visitors? Well what a steaming load...

YEP!!  you are DAMM right we do.  We are considered fugitives upon arrival.  Welcome to LOS and dont forget you TM30 reporting gentlemen...

Typical of local government officials focusing on the easy non-issue problems of tourist/business visitors and ignoring the majority of foreign residents who create no problems but chose to reside here for various reasons and are forced to jump through the many hoops and obstacles, despite having their extensions approved year after year and do the 90 day reporting, but are yet considered possible National Security risks. It makes you wonder who is really in charge of calling the shots within Thai Immigration authorities.  Does the Phuket office speak on behalf of the country? Focus on the bad guys, and leave us good guys alone!!!!

Another Nail in the coffin

for Thailand and this government 

one day they might wake up

snd realise how much expats contribute to Thai economy 

every day

this list is endless 

me for one will be selling up as soon as I can and leave as do many are 

I feel so sad for the average Thai people who are the ones who always suffer 

But to be honest they voted for this government next time they vote I hope they will vote for the correct reasons 

7 hours ago, brimacthai said:

Good news, but I already had my local office confirm that on a business visa I don't have to report every time I travel between my home and office in Bangkok and my home in Phuket which I travel back to most weekends.

Well, aren't you special.

Archived