Lack of European visitors the cause of Thailand's tourism woes, says hotelier

webfact

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

And not forgetting the TM30 hassles which could be stopping Expats from travelling in-country and staying in hotels, using local businesses etc... 

I have read most of the TM30 threads on TV, albeit I admit not completely but so far I haven't seen anyone claiming that they are going to stay at home and give up domestic travel and visits  due to the current TM30 tomfoolery.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, PhonThong said:

We haven't traveled in country since this TM30 fiasco started. Yes, I know it is not the end of all things. But, it is just the principle of the thing. I don't like being accused of being a criminal or  terrorist. I will save my money for international travel. Give my money to Thailand's neighbors.

But you will still need to file a TM30 when you come back from your foreign trip.

So, are you a 5 or what?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PETDCAT said:

I just returned from a month on Koh Phangan, on Sunday I went to immigration to see about filing out a TM30. I was told by the officer no need to fill out anything if just traveling in Thailand.  

Please tell us the Immigration Office where you were treated with such awesomely genuflecting munificence.

The truth is out there and people need to know.

Edited by NanLaew

1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

The three factors are:

1. Lack of disposable income.

2. High baht.

3. Higher local prices.

With this very, very real trifecta, I can understand why the Thai people aren't looking too happy.

It seems that some farangs can't though.