British Instagram model 'locked up in filthy Bangkok cell' over 2 passport pages

snoop1130

Passport is a legal document and to glue it (with anything) is serious issue. She should have taken a fresh passport before travelling. 

Once long time back my passport was washed with clothes and unlike her, I immediately replaced it. 

Basically she tampered the passport. If a cricketer tampers a ball then he is not allowed to play for sometime and a fine also. 

She cant complain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

Passport is a legal document and to glue it (with anything) is serious issue. She should have taken a fresh passport before travelling. 

Once long time back my passport was washed with clothes and unlike her, I immediately replaced it. 

Basically she tampered the passport. If a cricketer tampers a ball then he is not allowed to play for sometime and a fine also. 

She cant complain.

But did she tamper with  the cricketer?? ???? or the cricketer with her??

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

How did the IOs "treat her like an animal"?

Did her doggie style ????

6 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Really? No booths or exit stamps for non-brits or anything? Never been to an airport where I didn't have to pass immigration to fly to Thailand.

Was in UK a couple of years back on a visit, heading back I was wandering to my departure gate and actually did a U turn to have a look as I thought maybe I'd gone the wrong way as as far as I thought I hadn't gone through "immigration". More than a little weird.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Did her doggie style ????

Was in UK a couple of years back on a visit, heading back I was wandering to my departure gate and actually did a U turn to have a look as I thought maybe I'd gone the wrong way as as far as I thought I hadn't gone through "immigration". More than a little weird.

Does feel strange, doesn't it.

I take it that all your info' is logged via check in on some computer link and of course being UK your face might even be logged on cctv somehow.

100% sure they know who has gone, what flight etc before your bum hits the seat on the plane.

Don't know all the details on how it's done.

Anyway would explain how she managed to leave on a damaged passport. Check in desk wouldn't look for that sort of thing.

19 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

Don’t remember ever having to show my passport anywhere but the check-in counter in the US.

Four years ago I flew from JFK to BKK, not only was there a very slow security check going out but yes they scrutinized my passport thoroughly. I'm not American, though.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:26 PM, Argus Tuft said:

Seriously, no sympathy. You cut two pages out of your passport? And you're supposedly a respected Instagram Model who travels? Refused entry for damaged passport. 'nuff said

It would be funny if she tore out the id page and the page containing her visa for Thailand.

Four years ago I flew from JFK to BKK, not only was there a very slow security check going out but yes they scrutinized my passport thoroughly. I'm not American, though.

Oh yeah, TSA , but not immigration, and no stamp out. It’s the same for domestic flights.

Scrutinized you passport thoroughly? You mean they looked to see if it was you?

They also “scrutinize it thoroughly” when you get on the plane.

17 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Really? No booths or exit stamps for non-brits or anything? Never been to an airport where I didn't have to pass immigration to fly to Thailand.

Yep, check in, then security checks and departure gate. No immigration official stamping passports. Did it last month with (Thai) wife.

13 hours ago, RideJocky said:

Scrutinized you passport thoroughly? You mean they looked to see if it was you?

They also “scrutinize it thoroughly” when you get on the plane.

They went through every page and stamp. Took bloody forever. They seemed to be doing it to everyone. I can't remember if there were any events that migh have caused special scrutiny at the time, it was when there was the gas explosion in East Village in NYC but I doubt that caused any extra.

9 hours ago, sungod said:

Yep, check in, then security checks and departure gate. No immigration official stamping passports. Did it last month with (Thai) wife.

One can only dream something like that could happen at swampy. Sounds almost like travel should be, if they also automated the security check somehow without the usual laptop-shoe-sniffer-etc exercises.

Anyway yes explains how some one with a broken passport could get on a plane. Airhead.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:27 PM, DrTuner said:

Formerly known as Page 3 girls. Nice boobs.

Influencer can be any gender. They use You Tube or Instagram to promote, goods, services and products in general. They have 'followers' or 'subscribers'. They make money in two main ways: they promote or advertise a product on their channel,  a product such as make up, a brand of trainers, a make of watch, or a hotel or club. The more subscribers they get the more advertisers pay to advertise on their sites. They also get paid to visit clubs or stay at hotels for example, which the influencer then talks about or promotes. It is a modern form of personalised advertising. It is possible their activities can spill over into politics. Some influencers have millions of followers. For all those people who did not know this I suggest you get out more. Life does not revolve around old men and green behind the ears youth who live on Thai Visa.

For all those people who did not know this I suggest you get out more.

By “...get out more.”, I assume you mean get out on the internet more, not actually getting out anywhere more, yes?

For example, I would consider going fishing or dancing getting out, but it would not make me aware of “influencers” and whatnot, while “getting out” by sitting around playing with my phone would, yes?
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Influencer can be any gender. They use You Tube or Instagram to promote, goods, services and products in general. They have 'followers' or 'subscribers'. They make money in two main ways: they promote or advertise a product on their channel,  a product such as make up, a brand of trainers, a make of watch, or a hotel or club. The more subscribers they get the more advertisers pay to advertise on their sites. They also get paid to visit clubs or stay at hotels for example, which the influencer then talks about or promotes. It is a modern form of personalised advertising. It is possible their activities can spill over into politics. Some influencers have millions of followers. For all those people who did not know this I suggest you get out more. Life does not revolve around old men and green behind the ears youth who live on Thai Visa.

And another avenue for female "influencers" with their boobs out seems to be travelling to f.ex. Dubai to meet sugardaddies. For every legit "influencer" there's a million plain old ho's.

Edited by DrTuner

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

And another avenue for female "influencers" with their boobs out seems to be travelling to f.ex. Dubai to meet sugardaddies. For every legit "influencer" there's a million plain old ho's.

How many have you met? None! You just enjoy denigrating people who are younger and more successful than you .

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, RideJocky said:

By “...get out more.”, I assume you mean get out on the internet more, not actually getting out anywhere more, yes?

For example, I would consider going fishing or dancing getting out, but it would not make me aware of “influencers” and whatnot, while “getting out” by sitting around playing with my phone would, yes?

You are using digital media now! To communicate your ignorance of current affairs and your love of fishing and dancing! Yes try to get out more in all senses of the phrase both literally and metaphorically. You will never learn anything by trying to be clever. 

On 9/21/2019 at 7:46 PM, DrTuner said:

One can only dream something like that could happen at swampy. Sounds almost like travel should be, if they also automated the security check somehow without the usual laptop-shoe-sniffer-etc exercises.

Anyway yes explains how some one with a broken passport could get on a plane. Airhead.

maybe she broke her Passport during flight?

- which of course is 'after' going thru UK Departures 

6 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

How many have you met? None! You just enjoy denigrating people who are younger and more successful than you .

It would depend on definitions,

Being younger than me is fairly easy to judge, but successful is more difficult.

Hiring yourself out as a Saudi port-a-potty and making a lot of money from it isn't my definition of successful.

Having many 'followers' on social media may be considered 'successful' if you're a very shallow person.

My personal definition of 'successful' is fathering many children, Genghis Khan being my own personal hero. 

Mel Gibson has managed to produce 9 kids, I certainly consider him more successful than me, I've only managed 5.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

What was the reason why pages are missing. Get a new passport easier.but also some attention seeking for her

Sent from my SM-T580 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Alleged "spill" damage, and the woman stated that she "amended" it. Subsequently pages missing.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed 

22 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Hah, with my massive 10k+ likes in TVF I shall declare clear victory in the influencer race to the bottom. You can have the youth as consolation prize. Now bow to me, mere mortals!

All about the likes, eh?

On 9/21/2019 at 4:46 PM, DrTuner said:

Easy from UK. If two pages have been removed no one would know because no-one looks at any other part except the page with your photo.

At check in they look at the photo page only. You don't see an Imm' officer anywhere.

On boarding they check your photo page. That's it.

Edit.

Sorry. Directed at tifino.

????

Edited by overherebc

passport is property of home country. if missing pages dont concern thailand its hands off.

it has to be a missing sticker or stamp from thailand that involves entry or exit. otherwise its just a no entry or a pass at exit.

Edited by fhickson
  • Like 1