British Instagram model 'locked up in filthy Bangkok cell' over 2 passport pages

snoop1130

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Yeah, she is an attractive young woman.

And i'd like to give her one.

But that would be it.

What , you would just like to give her one and thats it ?

You wouldnt take her out for a Nandos in the evening , take her home and give her one , let her stay the night and give her another one in the morning ?

18 hours ago, Barry343 said:

Everyone knows if a passport is damaged lt must be renewed. The problem is how was she allowed to board a plane with pages missing from her passport.

Your passport is not physically inspected at point of departure by an immigration officer as far as I can recall...Heathrow uses e-gates and scanners now for UK/EU/EEA, that includes arrivals - only gets physically examined if your passport doesn't scan. Yes, it is physically examined at certain points e.g. check-in, but that isn't going to show if it has been tampered with.  

Fully agree the girl is an idiot but most of the other comments on this thread are real miserable old man territory, some distinctly misogynistic in tone. I have little time for social media influencers but no doubt there is decent cash to be made if you are good at it. Yet we have people here calling her a ho, e-beggar etc....LOL. 

19 hours ago, Benmart said:

So many hateful, negative, assuming and cruel posters on TVF. I suspect it is a result of substance abuse, addiction, neglect while growing up, mental illness or a combination of those things. Notifications of replies from such creatures is disabled.

No evidence of substance abuse or neglect in the story, she claims that the missing

pages were damaged by a liquid spill....

A similar thing happened to me last year.

I was placed in jail over night, deported the very next morning, after arriving the afternoon before, and not once informed as to why I was placed in custody and deported, until I visited a Thai consulate to have the stamp in my passport translated.

The resson for the deportation was because, I was not carrying 20,000 baht cash on  my persons, but I could have pulled the funds out of two Thai bank accounts, I hold, if I were asked for proof of funds, and to top it off, I was asked to pay for the food that was handed to me whilst in jail, which I refused to pay for.

Whilst in jail, I witnessed a Thai guard attack an Indian inmate, unprovoked, I could not beleive my eyes. The jail was a disgrace, located within the grounds of the international airport, Bangkok.

This is Thailand now, racist, power crazy, greedy, polluted and lawless. The majority of Thai DO NOT LIKE FOREIGNERS!!! Get real and get out!

Thankfully, I got out of Thailand after a decade of missery and a lose of over 500,000 USD in the process by extortion plus lies by Thais and I advise other foreigners to get out, if you can, before it gets much worse and you loose much more...

Thai and Thailand are not worth the hassel or expense. The bubble has burst. 

Beleive me, there are better places than Thailand.

For a country to ban the family movie 'The King and I', sums the place up for me.

Good luck to those that stay...

21 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

I was placed in jail over night, deported the very next morning, after arriving the afternoon before, and not once informed as to why I was placed in custody and deported, until I visited a Thai consulate to have the stamp in my passport translated.

The resson for the deportation was because, I was not carrying 20,000 baht cash on  my persons, but I could have pulled the funds out of two Thai bank accounts, I hold, if I were asked for proof of funds, and to top it off, I was asked to pay for the food that was handed to me whilst in jail, which I refused to pay for.

Whilst in jail, I witnessed a Thai guard attack an Indian inmate, unprovoked, I could not beleive my eyes. The jail was a disgrace, located within the grounds of the international airport, Bangkok.

This is Thailand now, racist, power crazy, greedy, polluted and lawless. The majority of Thai DO NOT LIKE FOREIGNERS!!! Get real and get out!

Thankfully, I got out of Thailand after a decade of missery and a lose of over 500,000 USD in the process by extortion plus lies by Thais and I advise other foreigners to get out, if you can, before it gets much worse and you loose much more...

For a country to ban the family movie 'The King and I', sums the place up for me.

Troll gay attention seeker

45 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

missery and a lose of over 500,000 USD in the process by extortion plus lies by Thais and I advise other foreigners to get out, if you can, before it gets much worse and you loose much more...

Bet there were Rattlesnakes in the jail too....????

I imagine that Thailand was thankful that you left as well.

14 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

I wonder how they knew the center pages had been removed. British passport pages are not numbered. 

A 10 day working trip?

Did she have a work permit?

My passport was issued in 2013, and the odd numbered pages are clearly numbered in large print.

Usual red top, sensationalist garbage that she would have been paid for.

If the room (it wasn't a prison cell) that she was detained in was so filthy, stinking and overrun with cockroaches how come she didn't bother to back up her assertion with some photos as she was allowed to keep her phone?

How did the IOs "treat her like an animal"?

On 9/18/2019 at 9:47 PM, Moonlover said:

Kudos to the vigilant IO who spotted the error. It's not as easy as it sounds to spot a missing page in a UK passport. The page numbers are not very clear at all.

Obviously more vigilant than his British counterpart back in the UK.

There is no immigration control leaving Heathrow its up to the airline and boarding pass is just scanned at the departure gate.

24 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

There is no immigration control leaving Heathrow its up to the airline and boarding pass is just scanned at the departure gate.

Really? No booths or exit stamps for non-brits or anything? Never been to an airport where I didn't have to pass immigration to fly to Thailand.

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:
2 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

I wonder how they knew the center pages had been removed. British passport pages are not numbered. 

A 10 day working trip?

Did she have a work permit?

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

My passport was issued in 2013, and the odd numbered pages are clearly numbered in large print.

I did mention that earlier. Yes the pages are numbered and with quite large print, but the lettering is far from clear unless you know what you're looking for and can soon become obscured by stamps if the passport is heavily used.

It does raise a thought with me though. I had noticed that all IOs scan a passport in the same manner. They hold it horizontally and thumb through the pages from front to rear. I guess that's what they're doing, a quick page count. It also explains why only the odd pages need to be numbered. That's something I hadn't noticed.

You learn something new every day.

Archived