TM30: Government secretary promises action within two months

webfact

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

If you can't implement it properly or have every office on the same page, how about you go back to not enforcing it again until you can at the very least get your s*** together.

Why do foreigners have to suffer the consequences of your poor planning and implementing? It's no way to treat your 'guests'. 

Who told you being a GUEST??? ????

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in the meanwhile have stopped my travel within thailand. refuse to nor am i interested in spending my money. i can travel freely around just about every other country in asia without needing to report whereabouts. not sure if myanmar has a tm30 equivalent.

worst case scenario a tm30 one time after i return to thailand

5 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

As far as my experience goes the only app from the government, which really works, is the one for the driving license. The 90 days' app has still to be tested, at least I got my username and account up in about 2 minutes. For the section 38 I wait for the account confirmation about 8 weeks now. (Nakhon Ratchasima)

same here I am waiting also already 6-7 weeks for log I details

The article above stated:

"TM30 is the contentious issue of foreigners having to report their whereabouts within 24 hours of arriving at a destination not mentioned on their visa documents. "

My understanding is that a TM.30 is filed by the property owner, usually a Thai, not the foreigner, and that a TM.28 is the form that must be filed by the foreigner. 

What am I missing here? ????

TM30 or registeration of a temporary or long stay foreigner has nothing to do with tourism ministery.

Homeland security / Interior ministry, simply police are responsible for this to keep records. The info could be shared if needed to higher authorities like FBI, MI6 or special division police or Interpol only on court orders.

Tourist records are usually kept with local CID police orspecial branch.

Just now, billsmart said:

The article above stated:

"TM30 is the contentious issue of foreigners having to report their whereabouts within 24 hours of arriving at a destination not mentioned on their visa documents. "

My understanding is that a TM.30 is filed by the property owner, usually a Thai, not the foreigner, and that a TM.28 is the form that must be filed by the foreigner. 

What am I missing here? ????

Now immigration will not accept 90 days reporting application until a person has tm30 copy.

1 hour ago, southcoast said:

TM30: Government secretary promises action within two months

Wouldn't be easier just to get another Warehouse to store all the paperwork, job done and dusted!.

The promises engage only those who believe them.

The warehouse being full is just a thai style dumb excuse to try to save the face.

The real reason is obvious, they are not able to provide the necessary staff at the immigration counters at the airports and the chineses are not happy at all with the long queues, so they had to complain,and since Thailand as now bet everything on them, they were listened, they...

5 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Re-register for the TM30 online using the website ( posters are reporting that username and passwords are being issued instantly now ) and then log in on the Section 38 app.

Nope, registration is not working, at least not in Chiang Mai.

6 hours ago, zydeco said:

The "problem" is the guy who decided to dig out this 40 year old law that had been almost universally ignored and start to make draconian enforcement of it. Mr. "Problem" probably needs to be reassigned to another desk in Immigration.

He has 

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

If you can't implement it properly or have every office on the same page, how about you go back to not enforcing it again until you can at the very least get your s*** together.

Why do foreigners have to suffer the consequences of your poor planning and implementing? It's no way to treat your 'guests'. 

you are the falang thats why...

well well government secretary ...

than everything should be ok shouldn't it...I still in doubt if a government secretary announced anything..

just remembered that minister who told all the Thai mother's of the North East that the future job for their daughters should be to marry a old grumpy falang...not sure where to find them .?..well advise followed as to get  your daughter's a pole dance job or a number window.job in a pattaya bar...

great government policy's towards education and skill training for  their countrys daughters..the ones who cannot afford university prices because their parents are farmers ..

ohhh what a wonderfully foreseeing policy ...

TM 30 reform ? forget it... these responsible ministers government secretarys of many kind prooved more than once their policy making skills for the great disadvantages and burden well this time not for their countrys daughters just for these falangs

( kanaks ) so everything is ok for now isn't it ?

7 hours ago, zydeco said:

The "problem" is the guy who decided to dig out this 40 year old law that had been almost universally ignored and start to make draconian enforcement of it. Mr. "Problem" probably needs to be reassigned to another desk in Immigration.

If they can do it to big Joke, then why not do it to Mr Problem? Oh! Wait.

5 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

even if it's scrapped there will still be provinces claiming it hasn't been, and dishing out fines

For those thinking "can Thailand get any worse" ? And particularly those considering thumbing their noses at Thailand and relocating in some other SA Asian country.

BREAKING NEWS ** Spare a thought for those expats thinking / living in Indonesia or Bali.

Indonesia is poised to enact sweeping new radical regressive laws to make having sex, if you are unmarried - even if consensual - a criminal offence. There are fines and jail terms to be imposed. If these laws are enacted very soon, write Indonesia / Bali off your list of countries to find tenderness from those sweet ladies.

Just type in: "New Bali sex laws" in your browser. This happens when religion and politics are intertwines.

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Because this is Thailand.

And even if they see a great working model overseas, they mess with it and turn it into a katoey. 

Just arrived back from China this morning and went straight to Jomtien to file a TM30. I filled my name and address in twice being both the property owner and resident.  The girl at the desk asked if I owned the property. I confirmed the same and then she told me I didn't need to file any more TM30 after returning to Thailand as long as I return to the same address. I asked her to repeat and she told me because I am the owner there is no need to keep repeating every time I come back.

Was rather surprised.

Den

Archived