Cancel NON-O Multiple for NON-B

Havent worked in a while and have been on Multi entry NON-O Visa's from Savannakhet for the past 4 years.

Now have a job offer from a company sponsored by BOI and they require me to cancel my NON-O Multiple and get a NON-B in Singapore in order to process the workpermit. Apparently BOI doesnt want to do workpermits on a NON-O unless its an extension.

Can anyone guide me on how I can go about getting my NON-O cancelled or how I can work out this issue without doing an extension at CW?

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume your non-o visa is based upon marriage. Are they aware you are married to a Thai.

A work permit can be applied for and issued with a non-o visa entry.

Yes, based on marriage and they are aware but are clearly stating that they can only issue a work permit on either an extension of marriage visa or a fresh NON-B, hence my problem.

So the company have asked me to cancel my current multiple NON-O based on marriage and will then supply paperwork to obtain a NON-B at Singapore.

I just have no idea how to go about doing the cancellation?

31 minutes ago, Kongtiesto said:

So the company have asked me to cancel my current multiple NON-O based on marriage and will then supply paperwork to obtain a NON-B at Singapore.

You might ask them to double check with the immigration one stop center for BOI companies about it.To confirm they cannot do it. 

I can recall seeing a stamp done by the one stop center changing the visa category from non-o to non-b visa but that was some ago.

32 minutes ago, Kongtiesto said:

I just have no idea how to go about doing the cancellation?

The embassy in Singapore will cancel your non-o visa.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You might ask them to double check with the immigration one stop center for BOI companies about it.To confirm they cannot do it. 

I can recall seeing a stamp done by the one stop center changing the visa category from non-o to non-b visa but that was some ago.

The embassy in Singapore will cancel your non-o visa.

I will have them check again.

So if I go to Singapore and apply for the NON-B, I simply ask the embassy there to cancel the other NON-O Multiple at the same time?

I did something similar (but not exactly the same) in 2016 when I cancelled the retirement extension with multiple re-entry and got a non-B. Things may have changed since then, but in my case I had to go to Chaeng Wattana Immigration (issuing office of the retirement extension), cancel the extension there, leave the country the same day and then start the process to apply for the non-B (which I got in Singapore). 

Notes: CW staff were really confused about whether the retirement extension could actually be cancelled early. I needed the senior officer to intervene. There was a whole page of handwritten explanation put in my passport. I understand this was to ensure the embassy and immigration officers at airports etc knew my retirement extension was cancelled voluntarily and not due to misbehaviour. 
After cancellation I stayed one night in KL and then returned on a tourist visa waiver to get the non-B papers ready for the application in Singapore (the company applied for and got a short term work permit for me as a temporary consultant for the two weeks while we got the application docs sorted). 

As I say, things may have changed. I recommend that your HR Dept contact Immigration direct and ask for guidance