Karaoke Singer Accuses Policeman Of Chopping Her Arm Off

Mid

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

happy to match that ,

how do we do this ??

No idea at all! But my hope is that ThaiVisa.com could set up the account (someone we all trust) and surely with all the members we have, there is someone out there with the connections to find out where this poor girl is to be found and so on. Is there a moderator reading or do we have to start flaming first? haha

she was on television this afternoon being interviewed , her arm had been cut off above the elbow , she has a nasty leg wound also.

either way this pretty young girl looked traumatised as she described what happened.

needlessly to say , the three guys had been drinking heavily.

some of the stories making the press these days are frankly unbelievable , but unfortunately they are true.

i doubt if this poor girl will see much in the way of justice or compensation , she has a sick mother and young son to support.

If you think this is bad, just wait. As Thai society continues to slide with the lack of honest, intelligent government we are going to see a lot worse. The terrorism down south will spread. That's a given. The Village Scouts are making noises about going down there in vigilante groups to sort things out. That will just pour more oil on the fire.

Foreign investment has fled, the property market is dead in the water, Thais are losing jobs, the government keeps making decisions that only make things worse. How long do you think this can go on? Something will snap soon. Mark my words.

:o

Heng, what are you on? I hope in a few years you will develope more informed opinions.

Also, it's a snapshot of society, where justice needs to be seen to be done.

I feel slaughtered and drained by the apathy of the Thais I've talked with on this subject. Poor young lady, she is on a par (at a minimum) with any hi-so, or any other Thai I have ever met.

Jason

At the moment, tea. I hope you never lose hope. At least you are keeping your thinking positive.

As for apathy, you'll find it on both Boardwalk and Baltic Avenue.

The apathy shown by yourself, and Thai society is indicative of a significant problem.

I've seen it written several times before to you:-

I studied my degree in my home country, as did 99% of British / American / French / German people on this forum. Consider why you went abroad to get "educated".

Think about it objectively. Then link it to this subject, and that poor young lady. It's not hard to find some fundamental problems, one of which is apathy.

Your parents sent you to the US because they wanted better for you, try to do so.

Let's see, three incorrect assumptions and yet another vague broad generalization there. About par for the course. I'll let you figure it out.

:D

Please inform me. I am always willing to learn, and admit my mistakes.

Well, you assumed incorrectly: that I have no concern for the girl in question, that I went abroad and/or was sent abroad to study. And your broad generalization regarding Thai society is based on what... "many people you know" with whom you are also perhaps making quick incorrect assumptions?

^

Why go through a charity at all? If you could get your club, business, or group of friends to gather enough funds and put them into a single check, I'm sure you could get any of the main channels or newspapers to do the contact work for you and give the check to the girl directly.

You might consider Paweena Hongsakul's women's and children's rights foundation if you really wanted an intermediary. Be forewarned though that they might be a bit reluctant to get involved on a public level if the case involves nightlife (as this one does) after the whole n'Fai/Big Ass incident.

^

Why go through a charity at all? If you could get your club, business, or group of friends to gather enough funds and put them into a single check, I'm sure you could get any of the main channels or newspapers to do the contact work for you and give the check to the girl directly.

You might consider Paweena Hongsakul's women's and children's rights foundation if you really wanted an intermediary. Be forewarned though that they might be a bit reluctant to get involved on a public level if the case involves nightlife (as this one does) after the whole n'Fai/Big Ass incident.

Which brings us back to my first post in this thread, ultimately Thai's generally look at someone's 'station' and proceed to make judgment calls. <sigh>

Regards

PS & Yes that's a generalisation, based on decades of exposure and experience.

/edit add PS //

Edited by A_Traveller

^

thanks for clarifying what a "right's foundation" uses as it's "inspiration" in thailand. too much face and not enough compassion, in my opinion.

The longer I remain in this country the more I love it!

This truly shocking case is just the tip of the iceberg.

About twelve years ago I went to Phetchabun to visit my then girl-friend who was a government officer working temporarily there.

On the first evening there, my girl-friend, myself and her female colleagues visited a nightclub in the town which she and her friends had visited before.

When we arrived one of her friends informed me that there were a group of young police officers sat at the back of the club which she recognised from before - she implied to me that they were bad.

Next thing I know - after about one hour - is that I apparently pushed my girlfriend off her bar stool - we were all sat at a circular table - and I was running around the place completely out of mind and totally out of control -

I won't go into details but I was fortunate not to be lynched by some other customers in the bar for my behaviour - I absolutely didn't know what I was doing.

And I hadn't drunk that much - just beer - no spirits or anything else.

I later learned that something very bad was probably put in my beer without my knowing at the time which caused me to behave in such an irrational and totally crazy manner. Probably one or more tablets of ya-ba.

All of this, no doubt, induced by jealousy of who I was sat next to!

Be very wary of off-duty policemen drinking in up-country bars - particularly if you're an attractive woman OR an attratcive women is accompanying you there.

SCUM

Well i for one think its a great idea, when i was reading the story i was thinking the same thing .One it would help her alot i am sure .I dont live in Thailand, my other half does .And even though the place has its faults like everywhere does ,i love the place and most of its folks and i cant wait to be bak there.so i for one will chip in if folks are willing to have a whip round .

And as others have said it would be a positive step,In showing for one, not all farangs are like how some thais think.

And it may just plant a little seed ,in the back of some thai minds .ie just becouse a person does a job others may not like.Still it does not make her any less of a person.

But to me its not really about making farangs look good, or changing how some thais think.

Its about just trying to help, this poor unfutunate girl .who happend to meetsome sicko in a brown uniform.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but i think killers and pedo should just be got rid of .And i dont mean quickly sorry. they should both be put through as much pain as they did there victims i think .

Sorry if this sounds harsh , but they are a waste of walkingspace, Both are the scum of the earth .And the man who did this to that poor girl ,though man is not the right word , Scum who did it he should have both his arms taken with a blunt blade, see how he likes it .Then he will know how this poor girl will feel for the rest of her life . sorry if my rant does offend anyone ,just its really has done it with.

Edited by deon

And it may just plant a little seed ,in the back of some thai minds .ie just becouse a person does a job others may not like.Still it does not make her any less of a person.
Or it may cement in some's minds the only thing farang care bout in Thailand is "karaoke singers" ... :o

Rationalization does some amazing things.

While the above will probably be true for some, I'm really right there with you. I would be very hppy to see this done. There is certainly enough impetus among the posters for something to be done. I'd volunteer to set something up, but I'm not in Thailand, and I don't know the first thing about such things.

Heng's suggestion that a newspaper take on the role is good, as his suggestion for a women's rights group.

Any volunteers to set up the program?

The Police in Thailand need to have some basic Psychological testing done before being allowed onto the poilice Force. Giving this kind of testing is already routine in many countries.

Police Officers are given alot of power and authority over every one's lives. Proper training is essential.

The guys in charge at Police stations should be held responsible for errant behavior. Thais are renown for shucking responsibility, but I know for sure, if police bosses were made to pay dearly (fines & imprisonment) for serious failings of their charges, we would see big improvements.

The newly appointed police commissioner could set precedent by starting legal procedures against the police boss of the station where the false report was filed. If he or his men are found guilty of criminal negligance, then fine him 5 million baht and set him in the slammer for a year. That would be a wake-up call to other police bosses country-wide - to start cleaning up their act.

I think better to concentrate the anger and comments on the three Thai men involved rather than all Thai men.

tx for bringing some wisdom and perspective to this bkkm.

it's a big temptation to make a generalized statement about thai men/thailand/the police/all men when in reality there was one or three twisted individuals who committed this crime all by themselves.

i am not writing drunk or drugged because as others have pointed out it would be no excuse so it absolutely makes no difference.

those who did it shall be held responsible for their actions. end of story.

Edited by nikster

The guys in charge at Police stations should be held responsible for errant behavior. Thais are renown for shucking responsibility, but I know for sure, if police bosses were made to pay dearly (fines & imprisonment) for serious failings of their charges, we would see big improvements.

I don't see why? The officer was off duty. It would not be good if a police chief, no matter how good he is, could be fired over the misconduct of a subordinate off duty. In fact, it would be nonsensical. Maybe the chief could "control" his subordinates even in private life, but most likely not, and certainly not when an obvious nut case like the cop in this story is involved.

If anything the police chief should be held responsible for helping to falsify the report - that's just disgusting. However, it will be hard to prove anything, the perpetrator may not have told his boss the truth either (why would he?). And also, police covering for each other is a world-wide phenomenon. So nothings gonna happen there.

You are talking rot. Police chief is responsible for his subordinate off duty.When you join a police force, first thing you are told is that you are never off duty. You are responsible for your actions as a police officer all the time and police covering for each other? Very rare and very much punishable by the law. Well that in UK anyway.

A little off track here but for the benefit of TV members who are "newbies" to LOS, this topic, Bulmercke's post # ,& others; Alcohol and face saving among thai men is outright dangerous.

I was in a very similar situation (soi food stall girls refusing to participate in the sing along with the drunken rowdy mob, but chose to hang around our table), ten(10) months ago at a small side soi outdoor karaoke bar.

I dont want to think of the end result if it wasnt for my quick & level headed thinking thai male friend.

He declined a challenge for a fist fight. I am a little over 5' 8", but he is taller and wider than me.! He could have taken out the all three of them but chose not to. Instead we flagged down a cab and did a loop around the neighborhood..

Anyway pity on the girl and her family. Sometimes thais do solve things the thai way..!

I was telling my neighbor (who is a camera man for channels 3 & 7) about ThaiVisa and everyone wanting to get a fund together to raise money to help this girl and he offered to do a news story for us and broadcast it on all of the Thai TV news channels.

I was telling my neighbor (who is a camera man for channels 3 & 7) about ThaiVisa and everyone wanting to get a fund together to raise money to help this girl and he offered to do a news story for us and broadcast it on all of the Thai TV news channels.

please send a pm to George , ( admin) with this info .

cheers

mid

cheers

mid

I already brought it up in the mod's forum Mid.

happy to match that ,

how do we do this ??

If it can be done, cleanly and transparently, then I'll be very happy to add another thousand baht.

I hope we can get something like this together. If we can, I'll commit to donating too.

happy to match that ,

how do we do this ??

If it can be done, cleanly and transparently, then I'll be very happy to add another thousand baht.

I hope we can get something like this together. If we can, I'll commit to donating too.

Well I'm still sitting with a grand in my hot little hand but have no idea how to set it up. Would be a good advert for ThaiVaisa if they set it up and I think they are the most obvious.

Bump

cheers

mid

I already brought it up in the mod's forum Mid.

float or sink ??

I hope something get sorted out. I will match the 1000 Baht

I sent a PM to Admin requesting their help but unfortunately forum rules, legal technicalities etc prevent them from assisting. Anybody else got any ideas. Shame to have so many people wanting to help but dont have the know how to follow thru.