Karaoke Singer Accuses Policeman Of Chopping Her Arm Off

Mid

I Googled her name (written in Thai) and 206 sites came up - all in Thai. So, it's encouraging to think that a quantity of Thai folks are interested in this - and hopefully they're sincerely concerned also. Best of all, as alluded to in previous posts, is if the Thai people raise a clarion call to start making some tangible changes in business-as-usual here. Suggestions:

1. hold police fully accountable for their actions - whether on duty or off.

2. Commemorate good actions among men in uniform. Including public praise for those that resist bribes (and who report bribe offers!).

3. Have internal investigations 'with teeth.'

4. Hold superior officers (at least partially) responsible for those below them in their respective departments.

5. Have outside 'experts' come in to give seminars on proper behavior.

6. Rather than being let off, have an officer found guilty of wrong-doing pay a higher price - as they're the ones supposed to upholding the law, and setting an example.

7. Superiors should stress 'personal responsibility' among all their charges.

9. Police should do the 'real work' of fighting crime, rather than the fill-in and wasting time that's so prevelant. Example; go bust some bad guys, instead of hanging out at the college campus to pull over the prettiest girls who are not wearing motorbike helmets.

10. have outside experts give seminars on how to do scientific investigations. Currently, Thai investigative prowess is about as inept as humanly possible.

If experts can't be found, then have it be required that all police personnel watch 'true crime' made-for-TV specials. I jest not. Those programs show a wealth of useful investigative info, not least of which is the importance of not contaminating a crime scene - something which Thai police don't yet know about.

......you can add your own suggestions, the list could go on and on.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Googled her name (written in Thai) and 206 sites came up - all in Thai. So, it's encouraging to think that a quantity of Thai folks are interested in this - and hopefully they're sincerely concerned also. Best of all, as alluded to in previous posts, is if the Thai people raise a clarion call to start making some tangible changes in business-as-usual here. Suggestions:

1. hold police fully accountable for their actions - whether on duty or off.

2. Commemorate good actions among men in uniform. Including public praise for those that resist bribes (and who report bribe offers!).

3. Have internal investigations 'with teeth.'

4. Hold superior officers (at least partially) responsible for those below them in their respective departments.

5. Have outside 'experts' come in to give seminars on proper behavior.

6. Rather than being let off, have an officer found guilty of wrong-doing pay a higher price - as they're the ones supposed to upholding the law, and setting an example.

7. Superiors should stress 'personal responsibility' among all their charges.

9. Police should do the 'real work' of fighting crime, rather than the fill-in and wasting time that's so prevelant. Example; go bust some bad guys, instead of hanging out at the college campus to pull over the prettiest girls who are not wearing motorbike helmets.

10. have outside experts give seminars on how to do scientific investigations. Currently, Thai investigative prowess is about as inept as humanly possible.

If experts can't be found, then have it be required that all police personnel watch 'true crime' made-for-TV specials. I jest not. Those programs show a wealth of useful investigative info, not least of which is the importance of not contaminating a crime scene - something which Thai police don't yet know about.

......you can add your own suggestions, the list could go on and on.

I also did a search the other night on her name, the doctor and the hospital (in English). I was hoping to maybe make a connection through the doctor but unfortunately to no avail. However, I was surprised at the amount of chatter going on out there about this case, it seems to have stirred up quite a hornets nest.

Why could we not just send the money to one of the mods on here. i dont not see why we should wait till the outcome of the case . Or wait to see how much money she gets in compo,The point is she could do with it now or asap.

For the members overseas like me , ie back here in sunny warm England lol not .We could just send the money through weston union,If we have somwhere to send it .

It cant be that hard to get the money to her ,Cant somone who speaks thai call a paper .Or see if there was a local paper maybe what has done a story on her. As they may have the contact details for her,and maybe they will even be willing to help .

Anyways i have got a bit i am willing to send , so hows about we get the ball rolling if we can .I dont like the idea of paying money into her bank acount i must say though,I could send it even to my other half and she could give it to somone over there . i would rather it be given to her in person if that was at all possible .

Edited by deon

Why could we not just send the money to one of the mods on here. i dont not see why we should wait till the outcome of the case . Or wait to see how much money she gets in compo,The point is she could do with it now or asap.

For the members overseas like me , ie back here in sunny warm England lol not .We could just send the money through weston union,If we have somwhere to send it .

It cant be that hard to get the money to her ,Cant somone who speaks thai call a paper .Or see if there was a local paper maybe what has done a story on her. As they may have the contact details for her,and maybe they will even be willing to help .

Anyways i have got a bit i am willing to send , so hows about we get the ball rolling if we can .I dont like the idea of paying money into her bank acount i must say though,I could send it even to my other half and she could give it to somone over there . i would rather it be given to her in person if that was at all possible .

Tried that. Unforunately because of forum rules, legal problems etc, ThaiVisa cant help us out here.

Tried that. Unforunately because of forum rules, legal problems etc, ThaiVisa cant help us out here.

Besides, money coming in for her now might reduce the level of compensation she gets in the end. First, justice...then money.

Fascinating how quickly this story gets forgotten. Poor girl, I'm certain that she did not deserve this. She looks scared. 3 men attacking her and chopping off an arm, right? Police officers? I always get away with 200-1000 Baht. I do not want this story to go to the archives, I will ask my wife's daddy (high rank) what's going on.

It looks like our interest managed to survive only a few days longer than the Thais....

We are apathetic too.

We get more excited at the outset, but do nothing.

Thaigoon - why don't you show your metal here and lead us. We want to help this lady financially. Any ideas?

Well i for one hope we can get somthing ,sorted out for this girl. Some folks are saying if we can raise her some money, then she may get less compo .If noone knows she has got any money from a bunch of farangs.

Then how will she get less compo ?.Once on a certain web site one i will not say what iti s called ,As some folks would not agree with those kinds of sites. Anyway a bunch of us members was able to raise 15000 dollers for another member who had got into some trouble bless him so if a bunch of old hippys and some not so old can do that .

Let see what we can do ,now in noway i am saying we can do the same .

But somthing is better than nothing , so lets not let this story collect dust and try and get somthing sorted out .For the sake of this girl.

I'm still in to contribute 10K (Baht), that's what I can afford, but as I have said before, I've been warned by police not to take interest in this story.

They clearly said that my business visa will expire quickly if I take interest in Thai police business.

your 10 and another 5 from those that have pledged here is 15 ,

must be able to double that easily if we knew how to proceed ,

come on folks this is real money to this unfortunate girl ......................

But, if it was a clean cut as mentioned then why not find the chopped off arm and get it sewed back on?

She might have only had access to a second rate gov't hospital in Saraburi and a 30 Baht healthcare card. Maybe there were only a few doctors on call and no surgeons.

:D

Correction:

Health care card here costs 40 baht, not 30... :o

Doctors? Did you say doctors? :D

come on folks this is real money to this unfortunate girl ......................

i think we need some direction from the mods on this.

or would thier hands be tied, with a threat of a reaction from our freindly bib

Lucky they've got two hands to be tied together! Just sit back and imagine the terror this poor girl must have gone through in those final minutes, chased by 'public protectors', one arm lopped off, trying to ride one handed and still pursued! Gets through all that, and then has the worry of a child and sick mother to support with only one arm and a broken leg... while she waits for some kind of compensation.

Somebody out there reading this must be able to connect us.

Lucky they've got two hands to be tied together! Just sit back and imagine the terror this poor girl must have gone through in those final minutes, chased by 'public protectors', one arm lopped off, trying to ride one handed and still pursued! Gets through all that, and then has the worry of a child and sick mother to support with only one arm and a broken leg... while she waits for some kind of compensation.

Somebody out there reading this must be able to connect us.

totaly agree

i for one would donate along with many others it would seem.

thats why i've asked the question above.

this kind of crime makes me think castration should be a legal punishment. if the guy had no balls, he wouldn't have wanted the girl to come to his table anyway- problem solved for next time. also, threatening the little boys downstairs will keep a lot of these sick ***ks in line just because its the one thing they value above all else.

edit: it's great that people want to help this girl. where is she? if she's in northern thailand, I could help get her a decent place to stay with a few thai friends that will look after her. I don't think she's going to have much work anymore either, so why not try to find a job for her?

Edited by Choscura

"this kind of crime makes me think castration should be a legal punishment. if the guy had no balls, he wouldn't have wanted the girl to come to his table anyway- problem solved for next time. "

The act of rape is not one of sex, per se, but of power. If you removed a rapist's testicles, he'd find another avenue to intimidate and manifest his control.

"this kind of crime makes me think castration should be a legal punishment. if the guy had no balls, he wouldn't have wanted the girl to come to his table anyway- problem solved for next time. "

The act of rape is not one of sex, per se, but of power. If you removed a rapist's testicles, he'd find another avenue to intimidate and manifest his control.

That may be true, but it should give him cause to stop and think that there might just be consequences to his actions.

80% true. However, removing the testes does lower the hormones which make some men more aggressive.

However, the psychological loss may create an even more urgent need to subjugate others to a man's will. So it could conceivably make things even worse. Prison seems to be the best bet.

But but this is Thailand, losing face is wery important here. We need to accept that and embrace this culture. *spit*

I know I'm going to tread on some sensibilities here, but would you give the time of day to a Los Angeles gang member who blows someone away for not showing RESPECT? For respect read face, and frankly I don't care if this sounds condescending but face needs relegating to extinct anthropological record along with female circumcision, honour killings, cannibalism and the strict interpretation of sharia law.

I agree totally - This Country has a rich culture and a diverse history and Im real happy to be able to live here and always try to respect the tradions and the people but in some important areas it really does need to deal with the realities of the 21st Century

yes, the avenger in me would like to see the perpetrator suffer deeply for the despicable maiming. Realistically though, we can expect to see a mix of cover-up and perhaps a wrist-slapping or two for the butchers. In Thailand, 'doing the right thing' takes a back seat to 'saving face' and kowtowing to a person's 'station in life'

Translation: because the accused is a cop, the 'powers that be' are going to do all they can to ensure he's shielded from serious retribution.

I pledge 1,000 baht. I'd like to transfer it directly to the maimed woman's bank account .....or channel it via a fund coordinated by some trustworthy person at Thaivisa. How about offering a reward (5,000 baht) for anyone who can reliably come up with the woman's bank name and account# ? I would offer the reward money, but I'm on the ropes financially.

falangs organising a charity to help this poor woman , although well meaning , is probably not the brightest of ideas given the nature of this case and the parties involved.

the civil court has been instructed by the chief public prosecutor to speed up and conclude the case for her compensation .

who knows what jealousies and rivalrys could be instigated among her family and peers should she suddenly receive money from foriegners here. it may even make her life more difficult.

brahmburgers

but I'm on the ropes financially.

maybe we should start a collection for you !

Edited by taxexile

just a thought...

since before you do anything controversial you should get all your ducks in a row..

some member here must know a high placed lawyer in bangkok,

so high that he is pretty much untouchable.

get his law firm to handle the money,

even pay them to do it.

playing with police and bargirls are the same, both require protection.