Seeking info (clarification, updates) for getting an Thailand SETV in Ho Chi Minh

Hi all!  I am in Ho Chi Minh nowand planning to apply for a SETV for Thailand.  I read the (likely outdated or incorrect) info on the Thai consulate website for non-Vietnamese passport holders- http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/7442/80804-For-Non-Vietnamese-passport-holder-|-Dành-cho-ngườ.html.  

Accomodation / Place of stay 
**Copy of confirmed hotel reservation
- Proof of accommodation to stay covering at least half of the trip with complete information.
- Hotel reservation must start from the date of arrival into Thailand.
- The name of the person (including family members with children or accompanying person names) applying for visa must appear on the hotel reservation.

Is this really true?  Show proof of accommodation covering at least half the trip?  That sounds crazy.  They also mention "six month multiple entry visa (non-Vietnamese PP)" and I am sure one can only get an METV in their home country.  They also say two working days, but all other sources claim next day, so I am thinking this is outdated/false information.  

Searching Thaivisa the last thread I found is over a year old and not much help.  Does anyone have any recent experience applying for an SETV in Ho Chi Minh and could please list the exact requirements please?  Thanks in advance.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

You read correctly for SETV.

The METV is only available for Vietnamese citizens or those having a residency permit.

You can confirm that they do actually ask for proof of accommodation at the Thai consulate in HCM?  I have a new one-year Vietnam METV, but I also still rent a condo in Bangkok.  My gf is living there and my things are there.  That's where I would stay in Thailand, but I don't have a copy of my rental agreement with me here.

**For applicants staying with friends/family members with accommodation in Thailand, please provide the following documents:
-  If the person you are staying with is a Thai Nationality, please provide a copy of his/her Thai Identity card and copy of Thai house registration

Have the g/f email the above copies and your rental agreement.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

**For applicants staying with friends/family members with accommodation in Thailand, please provide the following documents:
-  If the person you are staying with is a Thai Nationality, please provide a copy of his/her Thai Identity card and copy of Thai house registration

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

She doesn't have a Thai house registration as far as I know.  She stays in the condo which is in my name.  I'm not sure if I could get a copy in time.  Really I want to know if anyone can confirm they actually ask for this in the first place, as it seems nonsensical and I haven't found any mention of it on thaivisa or anywhere else. 

48 minutes ago, keysersoze276 said:

She doesn't have a Thai house registration as far as I know.  She stays in the condo which is in my name.  I'm not sure if I could get a copy in time.  Really I want to know if anyone can confirm they actually ask for this in the first place, as it seems nonsensical and I haven't found any mention of it on thaivisa or anywhere else. 

Every Thai has a house book registry but it in many cased would not be the same address as where they are living. In many cases it is for their parents home.

If you have a rental contract or if you own the condo you could use that for proof of accomodation.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Every Thai has a house book registry but it in many cased would not be the same address as where they are living. In many cases it is for their parents home.

If you have a rental contract or if you own the condo you could use that for proof of accomodation.

Thanks.  Yeah, her grandparents have her housebook in Phitsanlok,  The condo is in Bangkok.  She isn't at the condo today.  I messaged the landlord to email a copy and she is in the hospital.  Again, can anyone confirm this is actually being asked for in HCM?  I have never heard of it elsewhere and no one is talking about it.  Seems strange that people would need to book their flights AND accommodation before even applying for a SETV.

If everything else fails, just book some hotels and make sure you can cancel your bookings without penalty. They do tend to insist on the accommodation proof in HCMC, but how strict they will be might also depend on other factors such as your visa history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

With the landlord in the hospital, it may be faster to possibly get a copy of my gf's house registry than to get my own rental contract.  And yes, it is a different address in a different province.  That said, would this be enough to satisfy the requirement?  Is it just proof of their identity, or is the different address cause it to be inadequate proof?