Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

webfact

28 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Just read this before you go any further with your factless conspiracy theories.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=767646880269801&id=732846497083173

Well i read it, and i believe that she's in good faith.

Almost unwillingly, i also watched the footage of her speech, and i must say that she looks great; no doubt her intelligence is above average, no doubt she is exceptionally brave and strong, and she looks not impaired at all, just normally emotional as she's only 16.

My doubts remain about her being exploited for shady interests though, and if there's a way to a sustainable economy and a clean environment, is indeed a long, long way.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Do you know her personally and are a psychologist or did you just make this up?

Of course, neither do i. But i believe in science, and i'm quite certain that nearly every scientiest (psychologist, psychiatrist), would say that a person with autism who is showing severe symptompts like her should be treated.

Do you think scientists who recommend getting those people treated are wrong?

We have not found any aliens , because the distance is simply too big . There will be no travel at the speed of light or above .
And even the light needs thousands and millions of years to reach us . We only have this planet and other species have their's .

Life on our planet had to re-start at least 4 times because of catastrophic events. Other worlds probably had more luck and should have far more intelligent and advanced life and technology. We don’t see this, so maybe we are the most intelligent life in the universe(s)? We did a great job so far and now we are developing AI which in 100 years will be a specie on its own. Not polluting and no need for food other than pure energy. Interstellar travel will be possible as time will no longer be an issue. Humanity did an incredible job so far but we have no other purpose than creating this new AI entity which will be superior in all possible ways making our specie unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Do you know her personally and are a psychologist or did you just make this up?

Of course, neither do i. But i believe in science, and i'm quite certain that nearly every scientiest (psychologist, psychiatrist), would say that a person with autism who is showing severe symptompts should be treated.

Do you think scientists who recommend getting those people treated are wrong?

1. My wife has a number of patients with Asbregers syndrome.

2. I have read a number of articles on her story and her parents are about to release a book about her and her sisters fights with Asbergers.

3. She's had years of treatment for her condition, with little success. It's notoriously difficult to treat and results are limited.

4. The improvement in her condition is palpable since she started her campaign. Far more than could have been expected if she had just been treated by a psycologist.

"Greta Thunberg, at 16 years old, has more courage and moral clarity on climate change than an entire room full of world leaders.

The science is clear. Her anger is justified. If we do not act now to protect our planet, the consequences will be dire."

- Adam Schiff

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Which "shady itersts" could want her to fight against climate change?

Well, there was a post about large companies investing in renewable energies, which in theory may be positive, but don't forget that also oil and fuel, plastic and whatnot looked extremely positive when they were discovered.

So, while i admire Greta as a person, i am not fooled by Greta's mediatic circus.

Hope it makes sense to you.

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Which "shady itersts" could want her to fight against climate change?

There are a number of "shady interests" that want her not to fight climate change.

1. The people behind the scheme of introducing carbon credits which forces producers of CO2 to pay a fee. Trust me, they won't produce less CO2 just because they are taxed a fee which they will offload on the consumer

2. The recipients of the funds funneled via IPCC marketing front (UN Green Fund). This fund pretty much is the financial vehicle for pumping money into the machinery that promotes climate change

And before you scream "tin foil hat":

The scheme is already up and running. It exists. The UN Green Fund also exists. It's there. It's not a conspiracy.

Before you do anything else, ask yourself the following question:

Will the alleged ACC cease if we pay a tax to IPCC but otherwise continue as usual?

Yes or No?

2 minutes ago, Forethat said:

1. The people behind the scheme of introducing carbon credits which forces producers of CO2 to pay a fee. Trust me, they won't produce less CO2 just because they are taxed a fee which they will offload on the consumer

2. The recipients of the funds funneled via IPCC marketing front (UN Green Fund). This fund pretty much is the financial vehicle for pumping money into the machinery that promotes climate change

And before you scream "tin foil hat":

The scheme is already up and running. It exists. The UN Green Fund also exists. It's there. It's not a conspiracy.

Before you do anything else, ask yourself the following question:

Will the alleged ACC cease if we pay a tax to IPCC but otherwise continue as usual?

Yes or No?

To your final question, I've no idea.

As for the UN Green Fund, as with all UN funds they are strictly audited and open to scrutiny. Unlike the funds from large Petrochem companies who could make her a very rich young lady if she agreed to zip it.

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

To your final question, I've no idea.

As for the UN Green Fund, as with all UN funds they are strictly audited and open to scrutiny. Unlike the funds from large Petrochem companies who could make her a very rich young lady if she agreed to zip it.

I'm pretty confident Greta is not in this for money. She's honestly concerned and committed to the course. I for one think she is doing an amazing job. But at the same time I don't think she realises that the big players are positioning themselves for the game of the millenium & that she's simply a very handy pawn.

17 minutes ago, Forethat said:

you know that climate change is not promoted it is now that most climate scientist agree that is happening and if any arguments occur they are over small details. Are you willfully ignorant of how science works or you just believe any old rubbish that is pushed online?

31 minutes ago, Airalee said:

If you didn’t agree with something Obama said.....racist!

If you didn’t agree with Hillary.....Sexist!  Mysoginist!

If you don’t agree with Greta.....Vile! Evil! Despicable! Irredeemable!

Meet the new “race card”

Don't have to agree with her, although with science behind her that is not very smart, but the people attacking her personally are just very, very sad.

17 minutes ago, evadgib said:

An interesting take on this in today's Mail.

I saw little if anything of the Mail's decription of Greta's demeanour in the video.

She was about to walk on stage when Trump, the bully of little girls, decided to steal her thunder, he must consider her as a viable adversory. All to no avail, she collected herself, gave a great speech and Trump declined to reply. 10 for Greta, 0 for Trump. Go girl.

5 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I'm pretty confident Greta is not in this for money. She's honestly concerned and committed to the course. I for one think she is doing an amazing job. But at the same time I don't think she realises that the big players are positioning themselves for the game of the millenium & that she's simply a very handy pawn.

As I've said before, she's happy to be the sacrificial pawn if it helps the blind to see. Se's never painted herself as anything but a bit part player.

2 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

you know that climate change is not promoted it is now that most climate scientist agree that is happening and if any arguments occur they are over small details. Are you willfully ignorant of how science works or you just believe any old rubbish that is pushed online?

Hey, the planet controls, the moon controls, the tide controls, in other words nature controls.

We humans are just a blip in time of the earth's existence that in the last hundred years or so humans have caused a problem. Humans have been on earth for 200,000 years with few probs except killing each other off, but in the last 100 years hmmmmm....It seems to me greed and money now rules the day..

7 hours ago, Tagged said:

Just imagine having social media in Martin Luther King eara? 

How would you guys react to his speaches about racism, equal rights ? 

Thank god we have evolved since that time. 

He would have to do that in a mankini standing on his head to get any likes, they go to instagram boobsters or cute cats. Ain't 'social' media great.

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I saw little if anything of the Mail's decription of Greta's demeanour in the video.

She was about to walk on stage when Trump, the bully of little girls, decided to steal her thunder, he must consider her as a viable adversory. All to no avail, she collected herself, gave a great speech and Trump declined to reply. 10 for Greta, 0 for Trump. Go girl.

She looked very put out. Trump - & I'm not a fan of his, didn't steal anything.

He is the President, she is a 16 y.o. girl.

She didn't give a great speech:

"stolen my dreams" & "how dare you"

Childish & embarrassing.

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Exposing the exploitation of a vulnerable child with cognitive issues should be applauded.

Cry me a river!

Funny, how it is always wrong and child exploitation, when it is to fight climate change or for gun- control!

I remember a few years ago, how Conservatives wet their collective panties over a 13 year old "conservative" young man!

No child exploitation here, as long as the child says the "right" (sic!) thing!

7 minutes ago, faraday said:

She looked very put out. Trump - & I'm not a fan of his, didn't steal anything.

He is the President, she is a 16 y.o. girl.

She didn't give a great speech:

"stolen my dreams" & "how dare you"

Childish & embarrassing.

Yes, it is not done when a 16 year old comes over childish.

Archived