Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

webfact

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Bingo !

Or in other words, scientists who don't follow the "official narrative" become pariahs.

Like scientists against vaccination and in favor of intelligent design? Being ignored by the scientific community is no proof of merit. In fact, it's a very strong indication of the opposite. It's true there are a few scientists way ahead of their time whose opinions were ridiculed. But that doesn't mean that the cranks are vindicated. Especially when the evidence continues to mount that ACC is a real thing.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Like scientists against vaccination and in favor of intelligent design? Being ignored by the scientific community is no proof of merit. In fact, it's a very strong indication of the opposite. It's true there are a few scientists way ahead of their time whose opinions were ridiculed. But that doesn't mean that the cranks are vindicated. Especially when the evidence continues to mount that ACC is a real thing.

I can consider this post a valid opinion of yours, nothing more.

22 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I always go to motive first. It's the basis of trust and since the CO2 thing is based on faith on a computer model, faith needs a hell of a lot of trust. Since the motives can be corrupt, as is likely when such a large majority agrees on anything in this world, then there's no trust, no faith until otherwise proven in repeatable experiments. As in create another earth with same planetary system and life on it, pump CO2 in the atmosphere, observe and do it many times. Before they do that I'll remain sceptic. 

Like the repeatable experiments which showed that the the continents are riding on tectonic plates? Or the repeatable experiments that prove the theory of evolution?

Or that roughly 35000 climatologists are mostly working out of corrupt motives and generating false research? And that they keep generating false results based on the false research of each other? How is this different from a conspiracy theory? 

There is a method to get the truth out of the scientists, one that's well proven, invented by the Russians: Make them drink vodka until they nearly pass out and then ask what they really think about climate change. I propose a <deleted>-up conference.

11 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Bingo !

Or in other words, scientists who don't follow the "official narrative" become pariahs.

I’m an engineer, but I also read Voltaire, and you are beyond laughably wrong in your characterization of what h meant.

I suggest you read Rousseau, he’ll provide you with the context you are missing.

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

There is a method to get the truth out of the scientists, one that's well proven, invented by the Russians: Make them drink vodka until they nearly pass out and then ask what they really think about climate change. I propose a <deleted>-up conference.

Righty-o

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m an engineer, but I also read Voltaire, and you are beyond laughably wrong in your characterization of what h meant.

I suggest you read Rousseau, he’ll provide you with the context you are missing.

Trying to diminish others will not make you bigger.

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Like the repeatable experiments which showed that the the continents are riding on tectonic plates? Or the repeatable experiments that prove the theory of evolution?

Or that roughly 35000 climatologists are mostly working out of corrupt motives and generating false research? And that they keep generating false results based on the false research of each other? How is this different from a conspiracy theory? 

You mean the earthquakes and volcanos? Evolution is still a theory yes, missing links. Needs improvement and experimentation but powers that be are a bit against genetic research and experimentation. The sociologists that were mentioned above are notorious for crossreferencing each other until it starts to look like a circular reference, complex enough for nobody to see it right away. Like a good old climate boys club. Of course it's a conspiracy theory, it's the competing theory for man made climate change. In a couple of decades we'll know the winner of this round.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

You mean the earthquakes and volcanos? Evolution is still a theory yes, missing links. Needs improvement and experimentation but powers that be are a bit against genetic research and experimentation. The sociologists that were mentioned above are notorious for crossreferencing each other until it starts to look like a circular reference, complex enough for nobody to see it right away. Like a good old climate boys club. Of course it's a conspiracy theory, it's the competing theory for man made climate change. In a couple of decades we'll know the winner of this round.

You should write up and publish your theories, you’re sure to be rewarded in the scientific community with the recognition you richly deserve.

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

This can be applied all around, though. And perhaps more with regards to attacks on "the child" (yeah, I know, posted as much several times - pretty useful to have an "untouchable" mascot).

You should write up and publish your theories, you’re sure to be rewarded in the scientific community with the recognition you richly deserve.

Yes, I'm sure I'd be mobbed to death like the others. Should I develop a masochistic streak I might do just that.

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

This can be applied all around, though. And perhaps more with regards to attacks on "the child" (yeah, I know, posted as much several times - pretty useful to have an "untouchable" mascot).

Show me a post where i attacked "the child".

11 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I’m not trying to ‘diminish you’, far from it, rather I’m directing you to the  writings of a man who was at the receiving end of Voltaire’s ‘censorship’.

In doing so I hope to expand your knowledge, understanding and provide you the means to not to embarrass yourself on matters Voltaire.

(The humanities have their uses, even to an Engineer).

26 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

i think you miscalculated, its 31k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHX526NPbE

31k scientists.jpg

10 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Yes, I'm sure I'd be mobbed to death like the others. Should I develop a masochistic streak I might do just that.

Prior to developing a masochistic streak focus on a coherent and well grounded line of argument.

Unless of course you find exposing the weakness of your arguments something of a pleasure.

I’m not trying to ‘diminish you’, far from it, rather I’m directing you to the  writings of a man who was at the receiving end of Voltaire’s ‘censorship’.

In doing so I hope to expand your knowledge, understanding and provide you the means to not to embarrass yourself on matters Voltaire.

(The humanities have their uses, even to an Engineer).

Perhaps you should focus on expanding your knowledge, enough said

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Something I continually strive to do.

Thank you for your encouragement in my efforts.

Excellent.

Here's a pearl of wisdom from my granny :

" he who praises himself is not worth a cent "

19 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

How about your very first post in this thread:

On 9/24/2019 at 7:28 AM, mauGR1 said:

Poor child, and she has no idea that she's being manipulated.

But of course you might argue that’s not an attack on the child.... except of course for one of your more recent offerings:

34 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

To be clear, you don’t mind making a diminishing attack on a child but don’t take kindly to what you perceive to be a diminishing attack on yourself.

27 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

How about your very first post in this thread:

On 9/24/2019 at 7:28 AM, mauGR1 said:

Poor child, and she has no idea that she's being manipulated.

But of course you might argue that’s not an attack on the child.... except of course for one of your more recent offerings:

41 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

To be clear, you don’t mind making a diminishing attack on a child but don’t take kindly to what you perceive to be a diminishing attack on yourself.

I did not intend to diminish the child with that post, and it was my (honest) first impression.

By now, i suspect that Greta herself is smelling something fishy in all that  media farce.

Archived