Not what you might expect to find when cleaning a drain

webfact

8pm.jpg

Thai caption: What's in a drain?

The head of a Bangkok BMA cleaning detail went on Twitter to post pictures of what his team found in a drain. 

There was the usual items you might expect such as plastic bottles, straws, cigarette butts, foam, elastic bands, food waste and congealed fat. 

But there were also ten telephones. 

There were all sorts of makes and it was unlikely they had been thrown there - they must have just fallen down there. 

Sunsern Reuangrit writing under the heading "What do you find in a drain?" asked the public to think about what they are throwing away and where they are tossing it. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-24

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

8pm.jpg

Thai caption: What's in a drain?

The head of a Bangkok BMA cleaning detail went on Twitter to post pictures of what his team found in a drain. 

There was the usual items you might expect such as plastic bottles, straws, cigarette butts, foam, elastic bands, food waste and congealed fat. 

But there were also ten telephones. 

EEEWWWWW ..... phones made in China.... 

I noticed the bottles first. Why is it Thais never put the M150 and other small bottles in bins. The landscapers love to leave them next to trees while they rake up all the leaves and clean the yard. They'll come again and do the same never touching the little brown bottles. I think this is some strange Thai habit. In the past workers used to stop at the local shop and fill the empty bottles up with lao khao whiskey to hide it at work. I've thought that might be why they leave them around. They don't want to get caught with them by their boss. Well, anyways there sure are a lot of those brown bottles in the sewer too.

On the cellphones, is there anyone who buys old broken cellphones? I haven't found anyone yet. There has to be a load of them out there and billions more on the way.

4 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Why is it Thais never put the M150 and other small bottles in bins.

Or anything else. My wife often leaves things on a counter-top in the kitchen, right above where the bin is placed. I have a friend whose wife turns the rubbish bin upside down so it can't be used. Odd people. Or, some people are just plain untidy and haven't been brought up to be clean, Many Thai houses and/or their yards are evidence of that.

7 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

I noticed the bottles first. Why is it Thais never put the M150 and other small bottles in bins. The landscapers love to leave them next to trees while they rake up all the leaves and clean the yard. They'll come again and do the same never touching the little brown bottles. I think this is some strange Thai habit. In the past workers used to stop at the local shop and fill the empty bottles up with lao khao whiskey to hide it at work. I've thought that might be why they leave them around. They don't want to get caught with them by their boss. Well, anyways there sure are a lot of those brown bottles in the sewer too.

On the cellphones, is there anyone who buys old broken cellphones? I haven't found anyone yet. There has to be a load of them out there and billions more on the way.

Yes, someone comes around every couple weeks in our village and collect old phones and old electric appliances.one can get something in return.not much but better then nothing

About time for thailand to put a 100 BHAT refundable tax on any bottle, glass or pet and of any size. The money would be refunded only when the bottle is returned to the collect point that would be any 7/11 store.  With such irresponsability from both local and farangs, this would be the only genuine dissuasive method.

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

About time for thailand to put a 100 BHAT refundable tax on any bottle, glass or pet and of any size. The money would be refunded only when the bottle is returned to the collect point that would be any 7/11 store.  With such irresponsability from both local and farangs, this would be the only genuine dissuasive method.

But 7/11 would pay you back with straws....

Archived