Transport from Ubon Airport to Mukdahan

Camping in the sun

Hello all,

My best friend is flying to Ubon soon and his plane is scheduled to land at 8.45 pm. I called Ubon Taxi and they said it would cost about 1800 baht to take us from Ubon Airport to Mukdahan.

I don't feel that this is excessive, but I was wondering if anybody knows of a cheaper way or perhaps a decent place to stay the night in Ubon in the 500-1000 baht range?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Mr Michael, but could you suggest one?

And yes, my plan is to meet him at the airport, but I'll take the van from Mukdahan earlier in the day. Mukdahan taxis told me 2000 baht to go to Ubon and then 10 baht per kilometre + 200 baht service charge to return, so I won't take the taxi both ways.

I think that spending the night in Ubon might indeed be better and then we can navigate the potholes up north in the morning.

10 hours ago, Camping in the sun said:

Thanks Mr Michael, but could you suggest one?

And yes, my plan is to meet him at the airport, but I'll take the van from Mukdahan earlier in the day. Mukdahan taxis told me 2000 baht to go to Ubon and then 10 baht per kilometre + 200 baht service charge to return, so I won't take the taxi both ways.

I think that spending the night in Ubon might indeed be better and then we can navigate the potholes up north in the morning.

As I live in Ubon, I do not stay in hotels to really recommend one.

In the higher price range close to 1000 baht/night with breakfast there is the Tohsang and Rapeephan hotels. 

In the medium price range (600-800 baht./night), there is the The Bliss, Wish, V Hotel and B2B. They serve breakfast. 

Hop Inn is popular but no breakfast. 

I suggest you click into the hotel websites and read the reviews.

I think there are probably over 50 hotels in Ubon in the medium price range.

I just heard that a hotel is going to be built across the road from the lane entrance to my house. Costing 200 million baht. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 8:56 AM, Michael Hare said:

As I live in Ubon, I do not stay in hotels to really recommend one.

In the higher price range close to 1000 baht/night with breakfast there is the Tohsang and Rapeephan hotels. 

In the medium price range (600-800 baht./night), there is the The Bliss, Wish, V Hotel and B2B. They serve breakfast. 

Hop Inn is popular but no breakfast. 

I suggest you click into the hotel websites and read the reviews.

I think there are probably over 50 hotels in Ubon in the medium price range.

I just heard that a hotel is going to be built across the road from the lane entrance to my house. Costing 200 million baht. 

If i want a Hotel anywhere i GOOGLE Agoda. They have got them anywhere at various price range.

• 3 weeks later...

This may be late but Ploy Place Hotel in Mukdahan has a van that travels from Ubon airport to Mukdahan. I don't believe you need to be staying at their hotel. 042 614 988 That's their number listed on their web site. Seems to be one digit short.

Archived