Asking for money 555

1happykamper

43 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Guess what?

When you groom girls less than 1/2 your age on internet dating sites n chat rooms.........it leads to getting asked for cash.

BUT, but this one is different....really! She loves my personality, looks and charm....Her father is a General in the Army, she's a Hi-so and her family own half of Bangkok...repeat ad nauseum......

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Strange this topic should come up today. I bought a condo a year ago and for reasons too long to go into here I temporarily put in in my G/F of 10 years name. When the situation was resolved she would not sign it back into my name...I had given her a Fortuner and about 2mb during our time together. We have now finished with each other....It has been a very sad time for me since the break-up but I was walking down the road today when.....like a bolt of lightening ...a sort of "enlightenment" came over me...It went something like...Do I know what type of person I would have become had I been reared in "abject poverty" as many in Thailand have. ..I do understand what it is like to have nothing (I have been there many many times during my active alcoholism years) but I was aware that if I could somehow recover from this disease..there was every chance that I could climb bàck up the ladder again. All the means to do so were all around me.

After my walk I went for a foot massage...the lady told me (as have many others) that she came to Pattaya for the work alone. She doesn't know her way around this town as she never goes outside. She works all day for very long hours and sleeps in the shop...just to send money home to her family. 

Let me tell you...I consider  my condo problem as a "luxury " problem and thank God that I happened to be born into a situation in this life where with a bit of effort I would be indeed ..rewarded.

Many Thai people have no chance of of "getting ahead of the game"...no matter how hard they work.

aka  "accidental philanthropy"

If I may offer a sensible-ish bit of advice here, I shall. 

I'd say it's open to how you read the situation. Clearly, you have doubts as you are posting your experiences here (unless you have a chufty head because a young lass spoke to you and wanted to share that here).

My bottom line is that if I know the person, I can spare the brass, afford to never see it again, she'll have it. Asking for money is not a pleasant thing to have to do so once I've done a little digging to satisfy myself on the veracity of their claims I tend to pay up, telling them I never lend more than 3000B. 

Knowing I'll never see it again, I've sometimes asked for something in return be it a little housework, run an errand or two, give me a massage, or be a 'tour guide' for a trip somewhere for a few days. If they kick at that, then they can't be all that needy. Most times they do it without a murmur.

58 minutes ago, IvorLott said:

BUT, but this one is different....really! She loves my personality, looks and charm....Her father is a General in the Army, she's a Hi-so and her family own half of Bangkok...repeat ad nauseum......

My tongue in cheek award for this week goes to.......

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

hey, I met somebody on the plane, 1.5 hour flight, she was (she said) 33 years old, small talk, chit chat and all of a sudden she asks if I like cats, if so maybe I could give her 2,000 baht to take her cat to the vet...if this was told to me I wouldn't believed it,  but it did happen to me not long ago

Did she offer to let you see her pussy first?

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

hey, I met somebody on the plane, 1.5 hour flight, she was (she said) 33 years old, small talk, chit chat and all of a sudden she asks if I like cats, if so maybe I could give her 2,000 baht to take her cat to the vet...if this was told to me I wouldn't believed it,  but it did happen to me not long ago

Not cats per say, but pussy is sometimes worth about 2,000 and I like that

And as other OPs have said here.... "Your Point Is"

Look most Thais think Farangs are walking ATMs, that's why they have a two tier pricing system here.

But that said if you are asked can I borrow xxxxx Baht off you.... it's generally not a loan.....it's a gift....so at worst always expect never to get it back and only give what you can afford to do without, just like gambling!

I had been working here on and off for over 35 years and now live here; the level of poverty here in the LOS, especially girls from Isaan is scary...... we Farnags should consider ourselves lucky we are not in their situation of trying to support themselves and their families back home.

I mainly get asked for money from bar girls & golf caddies (not the same ones all the time).

If I know them reasonably well and their situation I will try at times to give them some small financial help within the limits of my own financial standing; no good us both living in poverty.

And, at times I have to also inform them I am not a walking ATM.

But I feel charitable towards them when I can without being conned by them; because except for the grace of God, "that could be me"! 

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2019 at 7:09 PM, sidjameson said:

Strange how everyone gives to young girls only.

Young, presumbly attractive girls have a much easier life than most other segments of the population and yet they are the ones given the cash!!!!

I help the ugly ones with the smoking bodies. Looks the same in 69 and much less chance of over use before me. ???? ???? ???? 

On 9/26/2019 at 5:48 PM, Mavideol said:

It used to be buffaloes, now it's cats.

On 9/28/2019 at 7:09 PM, sidjameson said:

Strange how everyone gives to young girls only.

Young, presumbly attractive girls have a much easier life than most other segments of the population and yet they are the ones given the cash!!!!

I  gave  a few  thousand to some old hag about 3 months  ago, she  must have been 60ish...........she was however sewing up my  leg and worked in a hospital and it was for the hospital......

Archived