Elephants

camerata

I never really liked being close to elephants. Every few years we hear about one killing a tourist who was pulling its tail, taking its photo, etc. And then there are the ones that run amok and kill villagers. I try to avoid the ones I see on the streets of Bangkok, although I feel sorry for their miserable existence.

This morning on CNN's special about wildlife conservation, the CNN guy and wildlife biologist Jeff Corwin were standing in front of some elephants and their mahouts in a pond in Cambodia and Corwin was talking to the camera. Suddenly, the elephant behind him grabbed his arm in its mouth and shook him like a rag doll. He was in real pain and had to go to hospital. Afterwards he said "Elephants are playful, but they don't know their own strength!" Yeah, right... Better to leave elephants in the jungle where they belong.

Never turn your back on an elephant. :o

I never really liked being close to elephants. Every few years we hear about one killing a tourist who was pulling its tail, taking its photo, etc. And then there are the ones that run amok and kill villagers. I try to avoid the ones I see on the streets of Bangkok, although I feel sorry for their miserable existence.

This morning on CNN's special about wildlife conservation, the CNN guy and wildlife biologist Jeff Corwin were standing in front of some elephants and their mahouts in a pond in Cambodia and Corwin was talking to the camera. Suddenly, the elephant behind him grabbed his arm in its mouth and shook him like a rag doll. He was in real pain and had to go to hospital. Afterwards he said "Elephants are playful, but they don't know their own strength!" Yeah, right... Better to leave elephants in the jungle where they belong.

Never turn your back on an elephant. :o

But you know that these elephants are not used to stay alone since many generations. They are animals like dogs and I guess less dangerous (per purpose), but a lot more powerfull