Fury of Brexit 'inferno' lays bare a divided United Kingdom

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, JAG said:

Perhaps not referring to anyone who doesn't share your views (or perhaps your taste in alcoholic drinks

General comment. People voted for something they knew very little about because it was never explained to them.

All they thought about was stop coloured people coming to UK and we want bendy bananas not straight ones all the time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kingdong said:

The damage remain and bercow have done to the uk is irreparable.

Just wait, till all goods from the UK into the EU have to pass the customs and import duty is levied in accordance with WTO-rules, making quite some UK origin completely out of competition. And when the British ( or only the English) have to line up for a Schengen visa, being "third country origin".

One advantage: The British already succeeded to bring their currency down from € 1,40 till now € 1,13

7 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Just wait, till all goods from the UK into the EU have to pass the customs and import duty is levied in accordance with WTO-rules, making quite some UK origin completely out of competition. And when the British ( or only the English) have to line up for a Schengen visa, being "third country origin".

One advantage: The British already succeeded to bring their currency down from € 1,40 till now € 1,13

Just wait until the UK bans all German manufactured cars in return.

Nobody in the UK actually needs to holiday in the EU.

I gave up on holidays in Europe when I was 30.

Egypt, Israel, Jordan, USA, Canada, SEA all better places for a holiday.

Edited by BritManToo

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

General comment. People voted for something they knew very little about because it was never explained to them.

All they thought about was stop coloured people coming to UK and we want bendy bananas not straight ones all the time.

Most of us wanted the East Europeans to stop coming.

But then, you couldn't call us racists if you told the truth.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Yep, but they're going to gain on   let me think for a while, I'll get back to you maybe.

16 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

How long ago was it 1.40 Euros to the pound? It was when I worked in the Netherlands but that was over 10 years before Brexit!

The reverse of what you say is also true. Which is why the EU want a deal, but on their terms.

19 hours ago, kingdong said:

The damage remain and bercow have done to the uk is irreparable.

O EXPLAIN PLEASE WHAT jOHN BARCOE HAS DONE WRONG I THINK HE DID THE WHOLE UK MANY GOOD THINGS NOT PUTTING UP WITH ALL THE <deleted> FROM MAY AND JOHNSON

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, overherebc said:

… and we want bendy bananas not straight ones all the time.

It's a more than 10 years old myth !

but sad to see that some people continue to publish it today

as a (bad) exemple/reason why UK should quit EU. :sad:

Reality: EU rules never have forbid curved bananas !

See Wikipedia EuroMyth: Straight Bananas 

15 hours ago, oldhippy said:

You mean: Of course there'll be violence if the will .....of 52% / then... of the people is denied. That has always been obvious. Has Reuters only just realised? Have the remainers really been labouring under that same naivety, that same ignorance, all this time?

1a) How many of these 51,88% voted for a Brexit, whatever consequences = Hard Brexit, with no deal  ? 

1b) how many still have the same opinion, and will vote again for a Brexit, this time with a LOT more knowledge abiout the consequences ?

2) Does this also mean, that the will of 48,11% of the British voters, who voted for only ONE option = Remain, can be denied completely ?

• Like 1

I'm so glad the supreme court trashed the constitution to bring these muppets back.

So far we've had one day of insults and a second day hand wringing about how bad they were on the first day.

Time to drain the swamp. Time for Corbyn to grow a pair and have an election.
The Supreme Court did nothing of the sort.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don't think it's just brexit. The fault lies with the electorial system of first past the post.  The country is presently ruled by the Conservative party who only got little over 30% of the vote. So we have a dictatorship of a minority elite. Pro-business, pro-rich with little regard for the average British working class man. Coalition governments are more fair even though somewhat unstable. 
Change of first pass the post was voted on in a referendum. Change lost.

The reason for Brexit is to preserve national identity in all its forms. Imposition of homogenous values by a faceless European bureaucracy and the agenda of multiculturalism is all part of the issue.
National identity. That would be Mr Potato Head, Brexiteer style.

Just wait until the UK bans all German manufactured cars in return.
Nobody in the UK actually needs to holiday in the EU.

I gave up on holidays in Europe when I was 30.
Egypt, Israel, Jordan, USA, Canada, SEA all better places for a holiday.
Mainland Europe off limits.

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

That isnt true .

That is a complete fabrication .

Brexiteers did not vote Brexit to stop Black people coming to the UK .

Complete nonsense from you 

Regardless of international peace treaties and giving each small country and a flag and fast-track invite into the EU, considering the always simmering tensions in the Balkans, a place notable in the history of both World Wars, I would agree that there's only one Union with any sort of peaceful longevity and 'bar the odd set of goal posts', the British were already in it.
Ask the Irish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gamini said:

I don't think it's just brexit. The fault lies with the electorial system of first past the post.  The country is presently ruled by the Conservative party who only got little over 30% of the vote. So we have a dictatorship of a minority elite. Pro-business, pro-rich with little regard for the average British working class man. Coalition governments are more fair even though somewhat unstable. 

The party that is supposed to represent the average working bloke, Labour, is useless, all their leader is interested in is being chummy with terrorists. Even the Lib Dems will not implement at any time what the majority voted for...So we are left with a guy who will try and deliver....

Assuming that you are not one of the chattering classes hanging out in Thailand, you have bought right into the patronising elitist BS.
Leavers knew what they were voting for, after 40+ years of the EU is it’s various guises. Remainer propaganda in the form of party political rhetoric and Project Fear was latched onto by europhiles and the simple minded. Even now, we still have some (usually daft partially edjumacated middle class women) claiming “We didn’t understand...”.
Normal folk still know why we must Leave. We don’t need no ‘explanation’.
Leavers did not vote for no-deal Brexit. Sorry if some Brexiteers are not chattering and not hanging out in Thailand.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Regardless of international peace treaties and giving each small country and a flag and fast-track invite into the EU, considering the always simmering tensions in the Balkans, a place notable in the history of both World Wars, I would agree that there's only one Union with any sort of peaceful longevity and 'bar the odd set of goal posts', the British were already in it.

That is the brexiteer mind for you, the Irish war of independence was so insignificant not worth a mention.

25 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

How long ago was it 1.40 Euros to the pound? It was when I worked in the Netherlands but that was over 10 years before Brexit!

The reverse of what you say is also true. Which is why the EU want a deal, but on their terms.

A Brexiteer, who knows history and is able to search and read on Internet...  Nov 2015, when all thought Remain would win, and would stop the British sabotage of the EU.

In less than 4 years, to bring down your currency so much… and over 20 years… pity British...

Euro did perform a LOT better.

It is the UK, who wants to leave, so…  

image.png.f74c34b0a38fbb17f8a199fa96c767fd.png

image.png.9ef5b794bf0cf599f5602302a7dc05b3.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, gamini said:

Which party represents the average British working class man. And how do you define the average British working class man.

It has not been the Labour Party for decades who are now basically just a party that appeals to left wing brainwashed university students and immigrants. It's policies are the complete opposite to that of the working class it's suppose to have its roots in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Just to be clear; the reason for Brexit is immigration by people from outside the EU who do not share our culture, right?

And by people from inside the EU who are taking jobs that native Britons should be doing and have been doing for generations.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Normal folk still know why we must Leave. We don’t need no ‘explanation’.

And in a few years down the line they will know why we must rejoin, for exactly the same reasons.

Brexit was always about emotion, no explanation needed, that would be rational thinking.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Forethat said:

Let's say two questions are asked:

1. Remain

2. Leave

In case you voted 2, do you want

A. May's deal

B. A new deal

C. No deal

The problem with this, if you ask me, is what happens if 52% vote for Leave, but only 16% on each of the Leave options. 

I for one think the referendum and the law should stand. I think the only working option is to hold a second referendum with the following question:

Do you want to:

1. Leave on No Deal

2. Leave on May's deal

In quite some countries the president is elected out of many candidates. When one candidate has 50%+1 of the votes, he/she is elected in the first round. If not, nr 1 + 2 are in the next round.

Why this could not be done for a Brexit / leave versus remain vote  ?  Or are the British so … they cannot select out of more as two options ? 

When in your option, nr 2 = Leave would have won, but.. split over 3 alternatives, it would be the job of the negociators to find a "new deal" the mayority could accept.

And if not.. in the second referendum which deal is prefered. If then any deal presented would be rejected, as the consequences were seen as too high, still option 1) would be feft .

12 minutes ago, rhyddid said:

The immense damage among people going to stand for decades.

Certainly Falange e BS BJ helped to make the tone more strong and inspirate violence and extremism, that why those "hate" politicians shall be defrocked immediately of their political power and vest, as well jailed for life.

You cannot jail people just because you don't like them.