New online SETV

Hi All,

I am having trouble submiting passport & photos on the new online application for a SETV, yesturday my scanned passport passed but my scanned photo was either to bigger file or didnt pass the ICAO standard, so today i paid for another set of passport photos & when trying again my passport failed ( same file) & my new photos also failed, i re-scanned my passport ( lesser DPI) & it passed, i still cannot get my photo to pass no matter what (dpi setting) i use, its either not up to the quality or too bigger file, i thought this new system was going to make things better but it has turned out to be a pain, would appreciate if anyone can see something that im doing wrong? I did notice that the the passport photo booth had a load more extra options, should i of chosen a photo friendly online scanning photo etc lol......

P.s If all fails can i still go there in person?

Cheers in advance

Baz

Do not use a scanned photo.  Try taking a photo with a digital camera or your smart phone and upload that file.  Use any off the shelf online photo editor if you have to crop the photo down a bit.  Even Microsoft Paint would probably work.

link to Thaivisa post on the online SETV below

Edited by gk10002000

I just went through this frustrating process yesterday and found several problems - 

1) It would not accept photos taken with my digital camera , but taken with mobile phone were ok.

2) On the page to upload supporting documents it asked for things which are not needed for SETV such as proof of citizenship and letters from employer / tax returns etc.These had to be submitted even though they were not relevant.

3) After paying by CC it said to wait - I waited 30 mins and nothing happened.They also said I would receive confirmation by e-mail - nothing has arrived.

All very frustrating.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, persimmon said:

I just went through this frustrating process yesterday and found several problems - 

1) It would not accept photos taken with my digital camera , but taken with mobile phone were ok.

2) On the page to upload supporting documents it asked for things which are not needed for SETV such as proof of citizenship and letters from employer / tax returns etc.These had to be submitted even though they were not relevant.

3) After paying by CC it said to wait - I waited 30 mins and nothing happened.They also said I would receive confirmation by e-mail - nothing has arrived.

All very frustrating.

All the things you suggested are not required ARE now required as from the update last week.

Hi baz69er,

Just done a SETV for 60 days and needed help from this forum.

I scanned passport put in to file on computer took my picture with phone once I had them on file I needed to compress

them before the on line application would accept them I think they need to be below 200kb I also made them JPEG I used an online compression app for this

then they were accepted.

I followed Senior Players advice and also others it drove me nuts but with help you will get it done. Good Luck

Edited by peterpeter

18 minutes ago, persimmon said:

Why would they need to see letters from a sponsor/employer or tax returns for the SETV ?

I have no idea. They want them though for all classes of visa applications and without supplying them, you can no longer apply. If I had to guess, I suspect they now expect you to have a job or an income in order to grant the visa

5 hours ago, peterpeter said:

Hi baz69er,

Just done a SETV for 60 days and needed help from this forum.

I scanned passport put in to file on computer took my picture with phone once I had them on file I needed to compress

them before the on line application would accept them I think they need to be below 200kb I also made them JPEG I used an online compression app for this

then they were accepted.

I followed Senior Players advice and also others it drove me nuts but with help you will get it done. Good Luck

Hi Peter,

Yeh it drove me nuts too, i have visited thailand for many years appling by post for a SETV without any problems, spend around 4 months in thailand as i have worked (seasonal) for the last 10 years or more, i do everything by the book & at first i thought wow online this will be so much easier, but for my experience it has been the opposite, problems with passport & also my passport pictures, with different results on signing out & signing back in with the same files, also had many occassions on the website freezing up & also a page with a page saying go back to home page, its very buggy, many times it fails & then says it has passed, i eventually got near the end & had a sigh of relief on the last document page, there was about 8 document sections, i got down to the last three, one of them took me many attempts as it didnt give you any indications on what was needed, i searched on the internet & it was asking for another passport duplicate, but the last two document requirments where the same, i think it said confirmation of employment & also pension statement, i managed to get my employer to send me confomation of my employment etc but i couldnt add my pension statement, i dont know why they wanted this as im not retiring, so i had to to add my confirmation of employment twice to complete the application, i have attatched a letter stating this & have included a copy of my pension statement, so im hoping they will except my application, the document requirments that i have enclosed are not what i have previously seen for a SETV so maybe they have changed the requirements, im hoping they will except my visa appplication as i have i have allready paid for flights which cannot be changed.

Cheers

BAZ

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Because they are using the Beijing embassy visa requirements for the online visa requirements.

Hi, so i should be ok as i have basically gave them more than they actually needed? I did recall seeing what was needed for SETV & the METV was £6000 in the bank for at least 6 months & letter from employee, i thought that maybe they had changed the requirments at short notice as usual....

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Because they are using the Beijing embassy visa requirements for the online visa requirements.

H Again, just read from another member & he quoted ( All the things you suggested are not required ARE now required as from the update last week.) i never saw this before applying, do you know this to be true ?

On 9/27/2019 at 11:11 AM, Lovethailandelite said:

All the things you suggested are not required ARE now required as from the update last week.

Can you show me where you saw this as all i can see from the London Thai Embassy is this below....

For tourism and leisure activities

For Single Entry (stay up to 60 days) 

• A current passport with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages. Applicants must fill in online visa application with their given name(s) and surname as appear in their passports.
  • Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code
  • Travel booking confirmation
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand
  • Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

1 hour ago, baz69er said:

Can you show me where you saw this as all i can see from the London Thai Embassy is this below....

• A current passport with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages. Applicants must fill in online visa application with their given name(s) and surname as appear in their passports.
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand
  • Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

If I might add another bullet point:

* Or you could choose to go elsewhere and not bother.

2 hours ago, baz69er said:

After you have created and logged into your E visa account, they are part of the application process for all visas. Your screen shot above is from the Embassy. The Embassy doesn't run or have any input into the E visa website. That is locked,controlled and updated by Immigration in Bangkok. The update requiring the extra documents went in last week.
Hence it doesn't matter which Gateway you log in through. China, France or the UK. You end up in the exact same system. The parameters are the same

Edited by Lovethailandelite
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

After you have created and logged into your E visa account, they are part of the application process for all visas. Your screen shot above is from the Embassy. The Embassy doesn't run or have any input into the E visa website. That is locked,controlled and updated by Immigration in Bangkok. The update requiring the extra documents went in last week.
Hence it doesn't matter which Gateway you log in through. China, France or the UK. You end up in the exact same system. The parameters are the same

Its not a screen shot shot, i just copied & pasted after i read the visa requirements & im just going by what i read on the London Thai Embassy website, so how do i access the update for the extra documents? 

Hi Baz69er,

If you can find my post 3 September under peterpeter UK EVisa London ( I cant it was moved for me now I can only find it by going into my notifications )

UK EVisa London

By peterpeter, September 3 in Thai visas, residency and work permits

I think it might really help you Riojasue certainly helped me she made good points

let us all know when you are successful Peter

2 hours ago, baboon said:

If I might add another bullet point:

* Or you could choose to go elsewhere and not bother.

Hi you, Baboon,

As your an Advanced member can you tell me what documents i have to submit for a SETV? (No 7, No 8 & No 9 which is identical to No 8?) was not on the Thai Embassy Website, can you tell me what document i have to submit for No 7? & how do i submit for No 8 & No 9 when they are the same?

Regards

Baz

Thanks in advance

Baz

visa docs.jpg

Edited by baz69er

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Hi Super Member, 

From your reply you obviously know your stuff & im not going to doubt your knowledge on the up to date thai visa requirments for 2019......

I have taken a picture of the last page of the required documents that i was asked to submit for my application (27/09/2019) so im assuming as you quote are the extra documents that went in last week? So can you help me out with the extra documents,  No 7 & then No 8 & not to mention No 9 which is the exactly the same as No 8, ive already submitted my application to the Thai Embassy in London, so im just waiting for the outcome, if i am rejected what advise can you give me me to re-apply for a succsessful application?

Regards

Baz

visa docs.jpg

6 hours ago, baz69er said:

As your an Advanced member can you tell me what documents i have to submit for a SETV? (No 7, No 8 & No 9 which is identical to No 8?) was not on the Thai Embassy Website, can you tell me what document i have to submit for No 7? & how do i submit for No 8 & No 9 when they are the same?

A repeat of your passport photo page would work for number 7.

Not sure what you can put if you are applying for single entry tourist visa. It seems they have just made the site worse with latest update. I suspect the are getting ready add another country to the e visa site and are putting their requirements on the site that has those ridiculous requirements.

Perhaps choose one of the honorary consulates and apply there if wanting a visa they can issue which is what many people are doing. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/organize/81958-Royal-Thai-Consulates-in-the-UK-and-Ireland.html

6 hours ago, baz69er said:

Hi Super Member, 

From your reply you obviously know your stuff & im not going to doubt your knowledge on the up to date thai visa requirments for 2019......

I have taken a picture of the last page of the required documents that i was asked to submit for my application (27/09/2019) so im assuming as you quote are the extra documents that went in last week? So can you help me out with the extra documents,  No 7 & then No 8 & not to mention No 9 which is the exactly the same as No 8, ive already submitted my application to the Thai Embassy in London, so im just waiting for the outcome, if i am rejected what advise can you give me me to re-apply for a succsessful application?

Regards

Baz

visa docs.jpg

As suggested, a copy of your passport page will work for 7. For sections 8 and 9 I really don't know what is acceptable if you cannot supply what they require. If the application is rejected, there is no refund of the fee you have paid so would be pointless in applying again if you cannot supply what is required.
As suggested, use a consulate, depending on what visa you require if you cannot supply the documentation for E visa. You need to apply in person though as there is no postal option any longer. If using the Liverpool consulate, you need to make an appointment first.
At this time, UK consulates are not using E visa.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A repeat of your passport photo page would work for number 7.

Not sure what you can put if you are applying for single entry tourist visa. It seems they have just made the site worse with latest update. I suspect the are getting ready add another country to the e visa site and are putting their requirements on the site that has those ridiculous requirements.

Perhaps choose one of the honorary consulates and apply there if wanting a visa they can issue which is what many people are doing. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/organize/81958-Royal-Thai-Consulates-in-the-UK-and-Ireland.html

Do you see the system getting easier over time or do you think this is the shape of things to come?

46 minutes ago, baboon said:

Do you see the system getting easier over time or do you think this is the shape of things to come?

The E visa platform is set for worldwide equal requirements. France and China was always hardcore when it came to issuing visas. The UK on the other hand, was relatively easy going. Now, once a country moves to using E visa, the requirements and what visas can be issued, are exactly the same. I doubt the intention was ever or indeed will ever be made easier to get visas.
It simply is what it is.

5 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

The E visa platform is set for worldwide equal requirements. France and China was always hardcore when it came to issuing visas. The UK on the other hand, was relatively easy going. Now, once a country moves to using E visa, the requirements and what visas can be issued, are exactly the same. I doubt the intention was ever or indeed will ever be made easier to get visas.
It simply is what it is.

I meant easier in the sense of will the system eventually take into account that Germany or Canada is not the same as Afghanistan or Liberia, or are we all Nigerians once the Evisas are worldwide...?

9 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

As suggested, a copy of your passport page will work for 7. For sections 8 and 9 I really don't know what is acceptable if you cannot supply what they require. If the application is rejected, there is no refund of the fee you have paid so would be pointless in applying again if you cannot supply what is required.
As suggested, use a consulate, depending on what visa you require if you cannot supply the documentation for E visa. You need to apply in person though as there is no postal option any longer. If using the Liverpool consulate, you need to make an appointment first.
At this time, UK consulates are not using E visa.

Yeh thats what i did, the 8 & 9 i had to put the same file in both ( Letter from my employer) if i put my letter from employer in first & then my pension statement it said the file was too big & if i did it the other way round i got the same outcome, so ive just got to wait, if im rejected then i will go in person to the embassy in hull, no appointment & they are asking for fewer documents.

Thanks for your input....

Cheers

Baz

• Like 1