New online SETV

12 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

What E visa does do, if your not already aware, is to stop non residents applying in a country that uses it.

That is one the worst of many faults of the system. There are many embassies and consulates that accept applications from non residents but not all visas.

What about tourists traveling who decide they want to visit Thailand and need a visa to do it. Why should they have to travel all the way back home to apply for a visa?

Instead of developing a system that has the same requirements worldwide why did they not one similar to what the Singapore embassy that is apparently working good after being used for well over 2 years?

IMO I think the e visa site will soon go away since apparently many embassies and official consulates do not want to use it due to its lack of flexibility. Even the 7 consulates in China have not gone over to it after the embassy in Beijing was the first one to use it back in February.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is one the worst of many faults of the system. There are many embassies and consulates that accept applications from non residents but not all visas.

What about tourists traveling who decide they want to visit Thailand and need a visa to do it. Why should they have to travel all the way back home to apply for a visa?

Instead of developing a system that has the same requirements worldwide why did they not one similar to what the Singapore embassy that is apparently working good after being used for well over 2 years?

IMO I think the e visa site will soon go away since apparently many embassies and official consulates do not want to use it due to its lack of flexibility. Even the 7 consulates in China have not gone over to it after the embassy in Beijing was the first one to use it back in February.

The Chinese consulates have been using E visa for quite some time. Whether the Embassy's or consulates wish to use it or not, it isn't their choice. The E visa will not be going away. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

The Chinese consulates have been using E visa for quite some time.

Not according to their websites. I checked the Shanghai consulate before I did my post and there is no mention of the e visa and just checked the Qingdao website and it is the same. Same for the Hong Kong consulate. 

Check them at the bottom of this page. http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

24 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Whether the Embassy's or consulates wish to use it or not, it isn't their choice. The E visa will not be going away. 

That is your opinion which is apparently not correct. Why is there still only 3 embassies using it after more than 6 months after they rolled it out.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not according to their websites. I checked the Shanghai consulate before I did my post and there is no mention of the e visa and just checked the Qingdao website and it is the same. Same for the Hong Kong consulate. 

Check them at the bottom of this page. http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

That is your opinion which is apparently not correct. Why is there still only 3 embassies using it after more than 6 months after they rolled it out.

The Chinese consulates changed to E visa only around 17th June, just after London went live. I would say Log into your E visa account and look at the consulates all listed as E visa application only. BUT you cannot do that now though as the site has been updated again and is locked to your registered passport country. I know people don't like E visa but they need to get used to it. The expansion is 100% coming.
It is a waste of time to keep referring to information on these Embassy sites. They don't even list the requirements for E visa. It's out of their hands. All they do is issue the visa or not.
Anyway, we are going around in circles, regarding things you cannot even do. It's a pointless conversation.

16 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

It is a waste of time to keep referring to information on these Embassy sites. They don't even list the requirements for E visa. It's out of their hands. All they do is issue the visa or not.

The 3 embassies doing it clearly mention the e visa application process for applying.

I am sure if the consulates in China would be the same.

I am certainly not going to register for getting a visa in China to confirm what you are saying.

@baz69er PLease be sure to keep us informed as to whether your solution to items 8 and 9 worked.  (post #29)

I have neither an employer nor a pension (retired with investments and State Pension doesn't start for another 18 months) so if this continues, I am pretty well ****ed!

I suppose I could go for a non-O in that case.

@ubonjoe I REALLY hope your suggestion in #31 that this so-called e-Visa won't last, comes to pass.....you're not a man for wild speculation so maybe you do have an insight????

We live in hope????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

I wonder who decides whether to grant the SETV based on the documents submitted , is it the Embassy in London or Immigration in Thailand ?

Also , would they contact you to ask for more details before deciding , or just refuse .AFAIK we have not had any reports on here about people being refused ( yet ).

I can confirm this is what the Chinese and HK consulates want if you go there in person to my annoyance last week and finding out the hard way. Never had a problem with getting an SETV from HK before, even just 6 months apart and back to back. But this time they asked for company letter, bank statements and letter from sponsor. So I thought sod that and just came in on a 30 day waiver... The immigration officer did look at my passport for a long time and did some whispering counting, but eventually let me thru! I've spent 4 months here this year so far from March to July. I guess it's hit and miss what immigration officer you get at the airport.

Bottom line... Dont go to HK to get a SETV.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Another example: What if you wish to visit your Thai spouse?

'Well apply for a Non 'O' single.' (And all that goes with it.)

But I just want to stay for a few weeks. Nothing like 90 days. Can't I have a tourist visa?

'No. The purpose of your visit is not tourism'.

But...

No 'Buts'. No discretion. No dealing with human beings anymore, just an algorithm. There's 'progress' for you...

3 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

I can confirm this is what the Chinese and HK consulates want if you go there in person to my annoyance last week and finding out the hard way. Never had a problem with getting an SETV from HK before, even just 6 months apart and back to back. But this time they asked for company letter, bank statements and letter from sponsor. So I thought sod that and just came in on a 30 day waiver... The immigration officer did look at my passport for a long time and did some whispering counting, but eventually let me thru! I've spent 4 months here this year so far from March to July. I guess it's hit and miss what immigration officer you get at the airport.

Bottom line... Dont go to HK to get a SETV.

Wow, this is very bad news for tourists in HK applying SETV 'on the go'... anybody else done it in HK?

On 9/27/2019 at 1:36 AM, baz69er said:

would appreciate if anyone can see something that im doing wrong?

Thailand is what you’re doing wrong.

It’s almost 2020 and these people can’t manage to build a website that functions for everyone. 

The only reason they don’t check out from shame is because they are too stupid to know how incompetent they really are.

Edited by dcnx
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, baboon said:

Another example: What if you wish to visit your Thai spouse?

'Well apply for a Non 'O' single.' (And all that goes with it.)

But I just want to stay for a few weeks. Nothing like 90 days. Can't I have a tourist visa?

'No. The purpose of your visit is not tourism'.

But...

No 'Buts'. No discretion. No dealing with human beings anymore, just an algorithm. There's 'progress' for you...

The eeeee-visa system lists the SETV (& METV? ) as the correct visa for visiting friends and family for less than 60 days.

[The system is kinda like buying car insurance online, questions are phrased like where do you park it, guidance=answer where you keep it most of the time; Ok 6.5 months of the year it's on the street and the rest of the time it's about 70/30 on the driveway. i.e. answered the question absolutely truthfully iaw with what the website said.

Phoned up to lapse a policy the end of last week, in the conversation mention it was currently parked on the drive  and would be until yesterday "I better amend the policy for the remaining 5 days in case you won't be covered"! ????]

Would the IO go by the title and ask questions, or go by the info on the visa site, it leaves some doubt, until you have gone through the process...Are you a tourist=no.

[Should you need to take a screen print to prove later what it said at time of application...etc].

9 hours ago, dcnx said:

Thailand is what you’re doing wrong.

It’s almost 2020 and these people can’t manage to build a website that functions for everyone. 

The only reason they don’t check out from shame is because they are too stupid to know how incompetent they really are.

19 hours ago, VBF said:

@baz69er PLease be sure to keep us informed as to whether your solution to items 8 and 9 worked.  (post #29)

I have neither an employer nor a pension (retired with investments and State Pension doesn't start for another 18 months) so if this continues, I am pretty well ****ed!

I suppose I could go for a non-O in that case.

@ubonjoe I REALLY hope your suggestion in #31 that this so-called e-Visa won't last, comes to pass.....you're not a man for wild speculation so maybe you do have an insight????

We live in hope????

I will certainly keep everyone informed, i have a feeling that they are going to reject my appplication anyway as the letter that i supplied from my employee is not addressed directly to the Embassy, i did read here (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forums/asia-thailand/topics/experiences-with-the-new-2019-online-visa-booking-system) & the guy states (-If any of your evidence is deemed unsatisfactory when a human reviews it, the embassy will email you and tell you what is missing/wrong. You then have to email it to them at an email address they supply. Responses to emails are quite speedy.) i dont know how true this is but it would make things a lot easier........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2019 at 11:42 AM, baz69er said:

Yeh thats what i did, the 8 & 9 i had to put the same file in both ( Letter from my employer) if i put my letter from employer in first & then my pension statement it said the file was too big & if i did it the other way round i got the same outcome, so ive just got to wait, if im rejected then i will go in person to the embassy in hull, no appointment & they are asking for fewer documents.

Thanks for your input....

Cheers

Baz

I gave up on the e visa a couple of months ago and went to Hull.

The Consulate was very quiet. I was the only person there. Not certain how many people there are able to 'sign' visas but in future I would phone in advance to make sure I did not waste a journey.

Very easy process.

Unless things change I will be there next year as I have retired early, no employer and no pension for a few years. Just cash in the bank. No chance on answering no 8!

• Like 1

So does the pension payment advice suffice for 8, and therefore you do not need an employer letter? ( same with the METV ?). 

Further to #44, though I'm lucky enough to have pension statements available, a component of my income is from dividends etc So they are not appreciating new visitors in a few years from now when the vast majority may be using drawdown pensions, which is a big pile of cash & investments. As well as those who sell their business on etc. System shall progressively cut many of the folk watching the"Amazing Thailand" adverts out of the loop.

Amazing system perhaps????

Edited by UKresonant

On 9/28/2019 at 5:33 PM, Lovethailandelite said:

After you have created and logged into your E visa account, they are part of the application process for all visas. Your screen shot above is from the Embassy. The Embassy doesn't run or have any input into the E visa website. That is locked,controlled and updated by Immigration in Bangkok. The update requiring the extra documents went in last week.
Hence it doesn't matter which Gateway you log in through. China, France or the UK. You end up in the exact same system. The parameters are the same

Is it possible to get past the screen without uploading a document for everything listed?

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

Is it possible to get past the screen without uploading a document for everything listed?

Not from my experience, i couldnt proceed ant further unless i uploaded a file for everyone of them.....

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 3:00 AM, Lovethailandelite said:

The Chinese consulates have been using E visa for quite some time. Whether the Embassy's or consulates wish to use it or not, it isn't their choice. The E visa will not be going away. 

I have always asssumed that Embassies all sing from the same hymn book, but from what i have read they all have there own criteria, i know that immigration in thailand can differ from one to another but this is all new to me......

Hi to everyone who has replied to my post & thank you, i recieved my passport back today within a few days of sending it off, at first i thought that they had rejected my visa application as they would normally attatch some information with what the stamps should look like etc, maybe keeping costs down i dont know, the visa was in there along with two passport photos, so was relieved as i had already prepared for the long drive to the Hull Embassy, as you are all aware my E-visa experience wasnt as i expected, all the documents that i submitted where correct apart the letter from my employer that should of been addressed to the embassy that i had to submit into 8 & also 9 as i couldnt proceed any further, i also included a pension statement although im not retired that would not upload to number 9 (file too large) along with all the other copied documents & two photos that where not needed, i included a copy of my flight to Malaysia that was not asked for either, my travel history over the last 5 years has been SETV extended giving me 90 days, flying to Malaysia for another SETV with a flight back to the u.k well before the 60 day visa expires, i have never overstayed etc & i have never been denied entry, im not going to give advice as we all know everyone has different experiences.

All i will say, is that the Royal Thai Embassy Staff do actually take into concideration all applicants & that they may be aware that there are a few teething problems on there E-visa site & that the documents for my SETV are actually for the METV......Saying that im already dreading next year for what may lie ahead of me for my next Visa application......

Cheers to all

Baz

• Like 1

9 hours ago, baz69er said:

Hi to everyone who has replied to my post & thank you, i recieved my passport back today within a few days of sending it off, at first i thought that they had rejected my visa application as they would normally attatch some information with what the stamps should look like etc, maybe keeping costs down i dont know, the visa was in there along with two passport photos, so was relieved as i had already prepared for the long drive to the Hull Embassy, as you are all aware my E-visa experience wasnt as i expected, all the documents that i submitted where correct apart the letter from my employer that should of been addressed to the embassy that i had to submit into 8 & also 9 as i couldnt proceed any further, i also included a pension statement although im not retired that would not upload to number 9 (file too large) along with all the other copied documents & two photos that where not needed, i included a copy of my flight to Malaysia that was not asked for either, my travel history over the last 5 years has been SETV extended giving me 90 days, flying to Malaysia for another SETV with a flight back to the u.k well before the 60 day visa expires, i have never overstayed etc & i have never been denied entry, im not going to give advice as we all know everyone has different experiences.

All i will say, is that the Royal Thai Embassy Staff do actually take into concideration all applicants & that they may be aware that there are a few teething problems on there E-visa site & that the documents for my SETV are actually for the METV......Saying that im already dreading next year for what may lie ahead of me for my next Visa application......

Cheers to all

Baz

Great that you got it, well done.

I have to wonder, if you just pinned a .jpg of a pension letter(s) to each of 8 & 9, would that substitute for an employers letter's.  Those employers are still paying me, via the pensions, it's just I don't have to key in anymore ????.  (the objective of the requirement would be good to know)

1 hour ago, UKresonant said:

Great that you got it, well done.

I have to wonder, if you just pinned a .jpg of a pension letter(s) to each of 8 & 9, would that substitute for an employers letter's.  Those employers are still paying me, via the pensions, it's just I don't have to key in anymore ????.  (the objective of the requirement would be good to know)

You could email them & ask, but dont hold your breath as I contacted them but got no answer....

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 6:22 PM, elviajero said:

Unfortunately no. It is a mandatory requirement for all visa classes when applying by E visa. The system doesn't allow you to move forward with the application until the upload is complete.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

110978910_visadocs.thumb.jpg.3d70f7860c50c18b83829c0382c6b303.jpg.aa984f8589e7226034192081a6892e38.jpg

Okay, you get a man who has money in the bank and so,  number 6 is not a problem.

But he doesn't have a job, and has no pension. Is it going to be a problem if he leaves out number 8 and 9 ??

You cant leave anything out, as it will not let you proceed any further......if you dont have a job & no pension then maybe you should go in person & show them how you can support yourself.........

12 hours ago, baz69er said:

You cant leave anything out, as it will not let you proceed any further......if you dont have a job & no pension then maybe you should go in person & show them how you can support yourself.........

Does the Embassy allow visits to apply for visas ?

When I was applying online , it looked like the application went straight to Bangkok

Anyone who needs advice on SETV can they please go through my first SETV Post that i posted & they will see Advanced Members replies to many of my posts, they know all the answers to the SETV Regulations.....

Cheers

Baz