New online SETV

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Does the Embassy allow visits to apply for visas ?

When I was applying online , it looked like the application went straight to Bangkok

No. Unfortunately you cannot attend the Embassy and apply. The database is held in Bangkok and the Embassy has no access until you have applied and received the unlock bar code for the embassy to access the information 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Turning up at the consulate at Birmingham or Hull is okay if you actually live near these places. If you live in South East England (Kent or East Sussex) or if you live in the South West (near Exeter) well, it is certainly not going to be easy and cheap to go to a Thai consulate.

The Birmingham Thai consulate has been closed for a number of years. The nearest to Birmingham would be the Liverpool Thai consulate which you need to make an appointment for before you attend.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

I have tried to apply for a single entry Non O through marriage.

Five times I have went through the system and added my documents,  all been accepted and I'm not being redirected to the part where it asks to apply in person or post everything and when I check back there is no sign of my application anywhere.

All very frustrating to say the least, are they issuing single entry Non O at the Glasgow consulate?

3 hours ago, Balintober said:

Five times I have went through the system and added my documents,  all been accepted and I'm not being redirected to the part where it asks to apply in person or post everything and when I check back there is no sign of my application anywhere.

All very frustrating to say the least, are they issuing single entry Non O at the Glasgow consulate?

Yes, but they may not be able to issue it same day as they need permission from London. (That's most likely what I'll be doing next April)

http://www.thaiconsulscotland.org.uk/

http://www.thaiconsulscotland.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Application-Form-2019.pdf

Since you have everything scanned anyway, you could do the application form, scan it and send it to Kay in advance perhaps.

When you drop it off, you can take a self addressed Royal Mail special delivery envelope, with sufficient stamps for return, if your not getting it back at 14:00.

The Kids are taking Dad through to Glasgow for a SETV (for Dec/Jan) soon, as his non-O ME Visa based on pension will expire in Nov. Will have to do 3 applications a year instead of 1 now! 

Edited by UKresonant

2 hours ago, bangmatt said:

Does anyone know the financial requirement for an SETV?

An account with more than £600 savings (>20000 THB) and an account showing some income, would probably do.

Note; You will need at least 20kTHB equivalent in cash on you when you arrive in Thailand.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:07 PM, Balintober said:

Are you sure they have been "accepted" ? The page shows that the files have been uploaded but only when all the files are listed in Green have they been accepted. If you have had to upload your docs 5 times it's because they go "missing" when you click "done" or "save" I presume? Would be a lot easier if the system has told you you have been logged out because that is what has happened, you could sit there and reload your docs for eternity. You have to go back and log in again and resume the application, provided of course you have been saving each step. That was my experience today for a Non O through marriage. Got there in the end but far from simple, and the Kasikorn bank page was still whizzing around saying the payment was not yet processed 15 minutes after my phone pinged with the receipt email????.