Trump-Putin phone calls in U.S. Democrats' sights - Schiff

webfact

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Why name Kennedy in that list?  I have some vague recollection that he was killed during his first term and was therefore unable to run for a second term.  I don't think the firing of a CIA director has any bearing unless you are saying the CIA killed him.

1.  It does seem somewhat remarkable that Dulles, whom Kennedy had fired as DCI for the Bay of Pigs disaster, was called out of retirement in 1964 to serve on the Warren Commission investigating the Kennedy assassination as the representative of the CIA.

2.  There is a lot of evidence pointing to the involvement of the CIA or officers of the CIA in the Kennedy assassination.  So, I think it is quite possible that the CIA did have a role in the assassination.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

Nixon was elected in 1968, then re-elected in 1972.  Mentioning Kennedy like that is a sick joke.  Carter was betrayed by a CIA loyal to former director HW Bush.  Ask Ollie North how that worked.

Doesn't seem to have worked out badly for Ollie North since despite having been convicted on three felony counts he never served a day in prison and ended by having his conviction thrown out by a judge before G. H. W. Bush pardoned six of the other convicted felons at the suggestion of then Attorney General William Barr thereby shutting down the special prosecutor's investigation before it could reach Bush himself.

The sick joke was LBJ's appointing Allen Dulles, whom Kennedy had fired as DCI for incompetence and double-dealing, to the Warren Commission where he devoted himself to concealing CIA information from the Commission such as the fact that the CIA had followed Oswald very closely at a high level in the months before the assassination as well as the roles of other CIA personnel.  

Edited by cmarshall
  • Sad 1