Immigration reporting

Hi can anyone just clarify something for me ..i arrive in thailand in a few weeks i have an apartment in jomtien ..do i have to report to imigration within 24 hours seeing that im not staying at a hotel ..even tho on the arrival and departure cards we fill in i put my address ..do i still have to go in person  thanks for any help 

You are expected to do a TM30 report within 24 hours of arriving at your apartment. (Presuming you own it.... maybe even if you rent it!) If you have no expected need to visit immigration while staying in Thailand, it is required but unnecessary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

can some advise where I can obtain the correct and current blank TM30 form to save to a usb stick on the PC for printing and filling in later. 

thanks.

Yes would be good please post if you have it tks 

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You are expected to do a TM30 report within 24 hours of arriving at your apartment. (Presuming you own it.... maybe even if you rent it!) If you have no expected need to visit immigration while staying in Thailand, it is required but unnecessary. 

I own the apartment..only staying a week then go home to Phetchabun so will be visiting immigration there staying 7 months ...what documentation do i need to take ill go to jomtien i think its the main one there ..anyone visited recently hows the waiting time there  tks 

6 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

I own the apartment..only staying a week then go home to Phetchabun so will be visiting immigration there staying 7 months ...what documentation do i need to take ill go to jomtien i think its the main one there ..anyone visited recently hows the waiting time there  tks 

Waiting time at desk 10 at Jomtien Immigration for a TM30 report? Today a few minutes after lunch.

What has Phetchabun to do with Jomtien? Not even same province.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

Sorry I prefer to let others answer this as I have never done a TM30 for myself. I did one for a friend staying with me and I took the kitchen sink... off the top of my head I had my housebook, copes of my PP including Extension pages, TM6 etc and my friends main page, TM6 and permit to stay stamp. I may have got lucky as it was getting late on a Friday afternoon, I had waited nearly 2 hours and they seemed less stringent. 

This was Jomtiem.

Edited by jacko45k

17 hours ago, owenm said:

I just returned from Aus on the weekend.. Went to Nonthaburi immigration office on Monday to do a TM30.. Had form filled out and signed by landlord as well as signed copies of Thai ID card and house book, and copy of lease.. The IO didn't want to accept unless owner/landlord was present with me at Imm Office..

The IO spoke to my landlord on my phone to explain the situation.. Finally IO relented and accepted the TM30 but said next time must bring landlord, or do on-line.. The on-line web link on their brochure is dead.. Will not connect.. Why always so bloody difficult when you have all the paperwork in order, but always more shxt to deal with?? 

Here is the link to register on the IO TM30 website

> https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG

Abundant information on the process of how to do it, is available when searching the Forum.
Basically a piece of cake (if you know how to bake it), and after first filing has been done, subsequent filings are done in a minute.

I don't want to 'polute' the present thread, so PM me when you encounter difficulties or do not find answers to questions you might have.

As mentioned in an earlier thread I returned from Malaysia on Tues 1st.

So thought I'd do a TM30 in person at local Immigration office. Pathum Thani.

On marriage extension some 5yrs and never filed a TM30 despite many trips out of Thailand.

90 day report a couple of months ago...no mention of TM30.

Wife, as house owner is away overseas, so filled it in as myself, reporting my own return to our same house of 10 years.

I took along copies of my passport , wife's Thai ID, and blue house book.

Sour faced IO (female) took it, looked it over, then covered it in multiple stamps before handing back the last page(stamped) and a receipt....but not the tear off one at the bottom of the form.

Not interested in the TM6, or its number.

DMK IO did not date stamp the TM6 "departure " stub.

Interesting 5 minutes and maybe a waste of time. But now they've got the bloody thing.

Next 90days report to be 90days from 1st Oct.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

As mentioned in an earlier thread I returned from Malaysia on Tues 1st.

So thought I'd do a TM30 in person at local Immigration office. Pathum Thani.

On marriage extension some 5yrs and never filed a TM30 despite many trips out of Thailand.

90 day report a couple of months ago...no mention of TM30.

Wife, as house owner is away overseas, so filled it in as myself, reporting my own return to our same house of 10 years.

I took along copies of my passport , wife's Thai ID, and blue house book.

Sour faced IO (female) took it, looked it over, then covered it in multiple stamps before handing back the last page(stamped) and a receipt....but not the tear off one at the bottom of the form.

Not interested in the TM6, or its number.

DMK IO did not date stamp the TM6 "departure " stub.

Interesting 5 minutes and maybe a waste of time. But now they've got the bloody thing.

Next 90days report to be 90days from 1st Oct.

Like everybody says, it's the local immigration office that's in charge.

Maybe you could have skipped it entirely. But you should be happy you don't have to visit CW office in BKK. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Like everybody says, it's the local immigration office that's in charge.

Maybe you could have skipped it entirely. But you should be happy you don't have to visit CW office in BKK. 

True.

I only did really because ubonjoe had commented earlier "does your local IO office require it?".

Only way to answer that was to go there in person and find out.

As I said, they took it and filed it.....but an really no wiser as to if they really required it. Never have in the past but times are changing.

On 10/1/2019 at 12:39 PM, Max69xl said:

Waiting time at desk 10 at Jomtien Immigration for a TM30 report? Today a few minutes after lunch.

What has Phetchabun to do with Jomtien? Not even same province.

Its just that i live in phetchabun and the immigration there is simple just wondered what its like in the city of Farangs 

Hi can anyone just clarify something for me ..i arrive in thailand in a few weeks i have an apartment in jomtien ..do i have to report to imigration within 24 hours seeing that im not staying at a hotel ..even tho on the arrival and departure cards we fill in i put my address ..do i still have to go in person  thanks for any help 
no need to report anything. I never report anything. Come and go. Of course I don't visit immigration office. My only encounter with immigration is at the airport. I refuse to submit myself to the humiliation and inconveniences of land border crossing as I am not a migrant worker.

Sent from my Hi9plus using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

no need to report anything. I never report anything. Come and go. Of course I don't visit immigration office. My only encounter with immigration is at the airport. I refuse to submit myself to the humiliation and inconveniences of land border crossing as I am not a migrant worker.

That's a very stupid answer to a serious question. Who cares about what you think about immigration rules? Today, the official requirement is to report within 3 days after arrival from abroad at Jomtien Immigration. Then it's of course up to everyone if they will obey the rules or not.  

17 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

Its just that i live in phetchabun and the immigration there is simple just wondered what its like in the city of Farangs 

It's really easy at Jomtien Immigration and not really any waiting at all. Just don't listen to the whiners. 

On 10/6/2019 at 8:12 AM, onera1961 said:

The problem for me there is i will do a 90 day report later in phetchabun so they will know id not notified on arrival  

Edited by Harveyboy
Mistake

On 10/6/2019 at 8:34 AM, Max69xl said:

It's really easy at Jomtien Immigration and not really any waiting at all. Just don't listen to the whiners. 

Thanks ..what do i need to take ..passport ..arrival depart info ..house book can u let me know mate tks for the info 

That's a very stupid answer to a serious question. Who cares about what you think about immigration rules? Today, the official requirement is to report within 3 days after arrival from abroad at Jomtien Immigration. Then it's of course up to everyone if they will obey the rules or not.  
So, if you don't report what happens? Are they going to ban me? Put me in jail? What will happen when I don't report?

6 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

So, if you don't report what happens? Are they going to ban me? Put me in jail? What will happen when I don't report?

It depends on your immigration status  the country. Yesterday I got a 1 year extension. Without a TM30 I would not get my 1 year extension and I would have had to leave the country when my current extension expires. I like my year extensions. Basically, you don’t need to file a TM30 until you need to file a TM30 for something you want. 

48 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Tell me,what type of visa do you have? And which immigration office do you belong to? You can get away with not reporting depending on immigration office. 

12 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

I believe the fine is up to 2000 Baht. Since it's all in the computer, I assume they will be checking.

Yes, there is a fine,but I was more thinking about his visa. "IF" he's a long term expat,I doubt it, depending on immigration office, he might have to do the TM30 report. If he refuses,no extension. It's as simple as that. 

• Like 1