PM Johnson: No impropriety in my relationship with U.S. businesswoman

snoop1130

PM Johnson: No impropriety in my relationship with U.S. businesswoman

6423.JPG

Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson is seen outside the venue for the Conservative Party annual conference in Manchester, Britain October 1, 2019. REUTERS/Henry Nicholls

MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Tuesday there had been no impropriety in his relationship with a U.S. businesswoman which is now subject to a possible misconduct investigation.

The government of London said on Friday it had referred Johnson to Britain’s police watchdog for potential investigation over allegations of misconduct involving tech entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri while he was mayor of London.

“I can tell you there was no impropriety as far as I’m concerned,” Johnson said when asked about the allegations on LBC Radio.

Asked why the allegations had surfaced, he linked them to those who wanted to stop him from delivering Brexit.

“I think there’s a very good reason, and that is that I’ve been tasked, one way or the other, to get Brexit done by Oct. 31, and there are quite a lot of well meaning, and highly intelligent people, who basically think that would be something they don’t want to see,” he said.

“And I think that there is a concerted effort now to frustrate Brexit.”

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-10-01

Much more detail about the irregularirities here - corrupt as <deleted>.  Lock Him Up !

The latest twist follows revelations that firms run by the entrepreneur – who is said to have confided in friends she was having an affair with Johnson – received £126,000 of public money. About £11,500 of that figure was paid by L&P to Innotech while Johnson was mayor and after Cuneo left the agency. Arcuri also went on three overseas trade missions led by Johnson, two of which she had initially been turned down for.

The Sirius scheme, run by UK Trade and Investment (now the Department for International Trade), aimed to attract international entrepreneurs to set up businesses in Britain by providing visas, expert advice and mentorship, as well as a £12,000 grant.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/01/revealed-jennifer-arcuri-got-visa-from-scheme-run-by-former-johnson-official

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government of London said on Friday it had referred Johnson to Britain’s police watchdog for potential investigation

Isn't this kind of nonsense why Britain wants to leave the EU. Non elected officials melding in politics?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, champers said:

What is the world coming to when a politician can't fund dirty weekends away with some hot totty from public funds? 

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

It seems Remainers are so quick to be judge, jury and executioner. I wonder if it's anything to do with his Pro-Brexit stance? Surely not... 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Isn't this kind of nonsense why Britain wants to leave the EU. Non elected officials melding in politics?

Non elected officials meddling in politics? Sounds like the Miller case. 

Don't like a government decision? Got money for lawyers and media coverage? No problem, take the government to court and let the unelected, unaccountable and unrepresentative judges over-rule the decision.   

Another gift to Democracy from Remainers who cannot accept losing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Trial by Daily Mail ????.

Actually given the courts farcical ruling on Prorogation last week, your probably better off being judged by the media than by the likes of Judge Hale in her Kangaroo court ????.

7 minutes ago, evadgib said:

After 20 years another month wouldn't have made much difference.... if B-B-Brexit wasn't set for 31 October ????

Surely it's just a coincidence that she's raised it now... ????

????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The transaction is a matter of public record.

What’s missing is a credible explanation as to why it was made.

So what's actually missing is the smoking gun?

This is a non story until such time as credible evidence emerges or he changes sides (an' I'm not talking 'Brexit' to 'Remain' lol????

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Non elected officials meddling in politics? Sounds like the Miller case. 

Don't like a government decision? Got money for lawyers and media coverage? No problem, take the government to court and let the unelected, unaccountable and unrepresentative judges over-rule the decision.   

Another gift to Democracy from Remainers who cannot accept losing.

Hard Brexiteer justification of breaking the law. Impressive.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I am against unelected, unaccountable judges reversing the political decisions of elected governments. 

Sounds right up your street though.

What is your opinion about lords, queens, prime ministers, CEO's ?

You are not a hypocrite when it suits you, are you ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I am against unelected, unaccountable judges reversing the political decisions of elected governments. 

Sounds right up your street though.

What Johnson did was illegal. 

Also in the UK you have an unelected House of Lords and an unelected head of state.

Presumably you are ok with them passing laws so long as they are ones you agree with. 

• Like 1