SETV Reports for Hanoi, HCMC and Penang 2019

Been in and out of LOS several times this year, including trips, studies and sorting out Non-Imm B visa.

Here's a quick report on requirements and the vibe at the 3 embassies above.

HCMC

-Very quiet, a handful of people applying for visas

-Requirements for SETV are fairly strict, and officers demand to see everything on paper (a couple were turned away after showing flight evidence on their phones)

-Of the three mentioned above, they have the longest list of requirements; Bank statements, booked hotel/condo for duration of stay (60 days), flights in, flights out

-In terms of the accommodation, the officer was quick to check names and dates, but there's no requirements regarding proof of payment. An email printout ought to be sufficient

-There's a tiny print shop around the corner, if you require extra copies, embassy staff can guide you there

Penang

-Used Jim's agency here to make application. The fee Jim takes is easily cheaper than a taxi to and from the embassy, and saves a day of queuing and messing around at what I hear is a busy, crowded place. 

-Requirements are less strict than HCMC, a flight out and a hotel booking for at least 2 weeks is fine

Hanoi

-Best of the bunch in terms of quietness and professionalism, on the day of visitation I think there were only 3/4 people there

-Documents required are; Bank statement, flights in and out. The flight out should technically be within 60 days rather than 90. The IO called us up on that, although with a friendly aside we were able to convince her that it would be OK, due to the 30 day extension in Thailand

-When receiving the visa, my partner was on her 3rd back to back SETV, the IO informed us that this would be the last SETV she could get from Hanoi office. So, not a good place to do back-to-backs. 

-I did Non-Imm-B here, very straightforward and a good way to get around Chaeng Wattana's demand for apostilled degree certificates. Perfectly acceptable to apply with the original cert and a copy, but without any stamps etc.

-On next day pick up, the collection time was 4pm. 

- Tiny print shop around the corner, only does photocopies, head to the Mercure Hotel, just opposite embassy building who have access to a PC and printing in their lobby

-The embassy moved fairly recently, so head for the building marked on Google Maps, Maps ME etc near the Mercure Hotel/Hanoi Train Station

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...