Max no extensions a year?

I was at CM Immigration getting my TV extended, when I caught part of a conversation between a guy next to me and an IO. I didn't hear all of what was said, or what type of entry this guy was on, but i heard something along the lines of 'So if i get this extended, I can go out, come back again and get it extended again?' to Which the IO said 'Yes max 2 times per year'. Has anyone heard of a max 2 per year policy for tourist visa extensions?

Regards

~Eamon Delaney

There's no limit so far. I've extended countless visa exempt and tourist visa stays at immigration offices all over Thailand. Not once have I been questioned or warned about my time spent in country or any limits, real or imaginary.

All they've ever wanted is the fee and required paperwork. Oh and obviously some offices have become obsessed with the TM 30 nonsense - no problem for me, I just bring along my hotel booking and they can sort it out with the hotel (or not).

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

There's no limit so far. I've extended countless visa exempt and tourist visa stays at immigration offices all over Thailand. Not once have I been questioned or warned about my time spent in country or any limits, real or imaginary.

All they've ever wanted is the fee and required paperwork. Oh and obviously some offices have become obsessed with the TM 30 nonsense - no problem for me, I just bring along my hotel booking and they can sort it out with the hotel (or not).

Well, for one tourist visa the limit of extensions will automatically be 3 times. 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Well, for one tourist visa the limit of extensions will automatically be 3 times. 

I was talking about one 30-day extension for each visa exempt or tourist visa entry, which is the limit unless you count the "7 days to leave the country" that you might be able to get on top of that.

What you seem to have in mind is a METV - if you max out each stay, you'd ultimately get 3 extensions. But again, one extension per entry.

10 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I was talking about one 30-day extension for each visa exempt or tourist visa entry, which is the limit unless you count the "7 days to leave the country" that you might be able to get on top of that.

What you seem to have in mind is a METV - if you max out each stay, you'd ultimately get 3 extensions. But again, one extension per entry.

I am talking about a single entry tourist visa. 1 extension at the immigration office,and 2 extensions after 2 land crossings, and 1 more if we count the 7 days (emergency) visa you can sometimes get. But 1900 baht for 7 days extra is not worth it imo. 

Edited by Max69xl

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I am talking about a single entry tourist visa. 1 extension at the immigration office,and 2 extensions after 2 land crossings, and 1 more if we count the 7 days (emergency) visa you can sometimes get. But 1900 baht for 7 days extra is not worth it imo. 

Well instead of doing a border run to re-enter visa exempt, you could obtain a new SETV and get that extended again, if needed. I wouldn't use up the two land border visa exempt entries per year early on, if your goal is to stay in Thailand for a longer time.