Benefits of Elite for over 50s

3 hours ago, lupin said:

the 90 day reporting by TE can be done with copies of passport pages mailed in to them and/or passport mailed to them. At least that is how I have done it over the past 6 years. They DO now require a screenshot or copy of a valid TM30 submission though.

Good to know, I did not see that on their website, it sounded like you  had to drop off the passport in person. Big difference.

So they do not help with the TM30?

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Good to know, I did not see that on their website, it sounded like you  had to drop off the passport in person. Big difference.

So they do not help with the TM30?

No they cant report your TM30 for you... can assist with bank accounts, drivers lic and the like, but that is likely not a game changer for most that have been here long enough to already have bank accounts. The few times I've sent my actual passport via mail, they are fine with a LINEMAN to collect it after the 90 day report is done. I gotta say, the service they provide at airport is excellent, meeting at gate with buggy to fast track lanes.. same with departures.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:34 AM, Sheryl said:

The only advantage to Elite other than not having to deal with the paperwork etc of annual extensions of stay that I have been able to identify is fast track through airport immigration.  It is very poorly designed with no meaningful benefits other than ability to stay in Thailand. Even for people living in Bangkok there is no real 90 day reporting service as I would define it...as people have to travel in person to  Elite office to drop off passport and again to pick it up.

You do not have to go in person to the Thailand Elite office for the 90-day report. You can send your staff, a friend, a messenger.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 7:37 PM, lupin said:

I gotta say, the service they provide at airport is excellent, meeting at gate with buggy to fast track lanes.. same with departures.

Yes, that part of the Thai Elite service is great, really the best Thai service I've experienced in years. Polite, professional, courteous staff.

Just remember your sunglasses and a hat to avoid the embarrassment of being driven in a Gold Golf buggy, siren blazing, with the lady driver 'shooing' groups of Chinese tourists out of the way like bugs.

Yes, that part of the Thai Elite service is great, really the best Thai service I've experienced in years. Polite, professional, courteous staff.

Just remember your sunglasses and a hat to avoid the embarrassment of being driven in a Gold Golf buggy, siren blazing, with the lady driver 'shooing' groups of Chinese tourists out of the way like bugs.
Can you refuse the buggy? How?

After a long flight, and with still a 2-3 hour drive ahead to get home, I need and appreciate the walk.

But would welcome the fast track at Imm.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Can you refuse the buggy? How?

After a long flight, and with still a 2-3 hour drive ahead to get home, I need and appreciate the walk.

But would welcome the fast track at Imm.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

just dont  request it; i use the airport frequently and usually dont bother with the meet and greet i just walk through fast track myself, never had an issue, never had anyone question, if they did i would just show the visa in my passport.