Singapore, Hotel, Cheap

Have a chat with a travel agent and see if they have any deals going.

I've had some good deals, flights with 3 or 4 days hotel accommodation and airport pickup delivery, much cheaper than I could have arranged myself.

Better book early what ever hotel you go for as Singapore hotels have had near 100% occupancy for nearly a year.

I am in Singapore right now and ###### lucky to get a room after trying 25 other hotels but had to pay 300/day for it which is 3 x my usual budget.

You can try the hotel 81 chain they have many throughout Singapore but I think they are about S$80/night - lower than that and you really need to look through through a lonely planet guide.

Cheers

Going to Singapore with the GF and would like to find an inexpensive hotel for a couple of days.

Thansk for your assistance.

If you take the MRT to chinatown, there are plenty of small guest houses some with dormitory type rooms.

Can stay from about 25 S$ a night. It is very very basic but clean and safe.

Try to Mayfair City Hotel.

The Singapore Government wants it to be called a guest house but it is at 40-44 Armenia Street right near to Funan and the MRT.

Tel 63374542

Used it many times over a period of 30 years.  Clean with fan or aircon

BB

Fragrance chain: Good value for around 35 sings dollars, easy to jump on the MRT to and from the airport (five minutes walk to hotel from Aljunied station). And as Jingthing mentioned great and cheap food "ethnic food".

If memory serves me right, takes about 20 min with the MRT to get to Orchard.

Agree with Jingthing. Fragrance has about a dozen budget hotels in Singapore.

These are budget hotels but not fleapits.

Fragrance Group

Naka.

Fragrance chain: Good value for around 35 sings dollars, easy to jump on the MRT to and from the airport (five minutes walk to hotel from Aljunied station). And as Jingthing mentioned great and cheap food "ethnic food".

If memory serves me right, takes about 20 min with the MRT to get to Orchard.

Correct on all counts. This area is called Geylang ("Gay Lung"). The Aljunied, Kallang and Paya Lebar MRT stations are all just a few minutes walk. To get to Orchard involves one transfer underground at City Hall station. If you miss the last train, the taxi fares to get back aren't bad at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geylang

Fragrance hotels are very good value for the money and our staff use them exclusively when on assignment if a prestige room is not needed. Fragrance Emerald on Lorong 6 provides the shortest walk to MRT (Kallang stn.) and lets you avoid almost all of the nightlife, if you wish.

good rooms with air.sat tv and clean ,but small rooms, very modern

hotel 81 , gelang str 12,16

weekdays 39sin$ before holidaydays 69$ (fridays and saturdays)

book on airport or under www.tigerairways.com and than go to bookrooms (octopusstr/sgp)