2 months or 3 months for renewal of Retirement Extension

Hi All

Its the time to renew my Extension of stay based on Retirement. I was under the understanding that as of January 2019 and the Royal Thai police document 35/2561, that the amount of time required for the deposit of 800,000 baht prior to application is now 2 months . . . .

This morning on passing I went to the Jomtien office and asked for a list of the documents I require to renew my visa. On this list it states 3 months  . . . .

Has anybody recently renewed their extension based on retirement @ the Jomtien office, if so can you please clarify is it 2 or 3 months for the 800,000 baht before you application to renew  . . . ?

Thank you very much in advance

Regards

????

Edited by naidraw66

I decided to go back to Jomtien Immigration again this afternoon, armed with a Thai copy of the Royal Thai police document 35/2561, and challenge the girl at the information desk! She still wouldn't budge on the 3 months even when presented with this document. I by-passed her and went to the desk that deals with retirement extensions (7)

And there they are giving out the correct information as per the document, which is 2 months before!

Its so frustrating and pathetic that one foot doesn't bother talking to the other . . .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, naidraw66 said:

I decided to go back to Jomtien Immigration again this afternoon, armed with a Thai copy of the Royal Thai police document 35/2561, and challenge the girl at the information desk! She still wouldn't budge on the 3 months even when presented with this document. I by-passed her and went to the desk that deals with retirement extensions (7)

And there they are giving out the correct information as per the document, which is 2 months before!

Its so frustrating and pathetic that one foot doesn't bother talking to the other . . .

You mean desk 8, desk 7 is for tourist visa conversation into Non-Immigrant O Visa. 

my 2 cents...

I read somewhere that for first timers, it's 2 months.  but for those who are renewing a retirement visa extension, it is 3 months.

that said, I didn't want to take a chance on whether it was 2 months or 3 months.  so, I deposited the money 3 months before my current retirement visa extension expires.  

that done...  life has told me via experience that things don't happen the way you want them to happen far more times then not.  so, for plan b, I'm planning on getting a 1 year visa for vietnam next month.  plan c is to prepare for the possibility of relocating to the PI.

already planned out where I will move to in saigon if things don't pan out.  same for the PI.  already have plan b and c ready to implement if necessary.  I suggest you do too.

the worst scenario is being disappointed in the information you get from someone else.  many times, I've had "friends" swear to me on their monther's grave that so and so stock was a sure winner.  only to lose big time.  suffice to say, we are not friends anymore.  who needs "friends" who swear on their mother's grave?  ...now, IMAGINE if you had a dozen "friends" like that?  ... life would be hell.

14 hours ago, naidraw66 said:

It is a failing in their make-up. I see it in restaurants when I try to make specific requirements. I feel sure the details are never transferred to the cooking staff. Might as well tell the waggy tailed dog following her around. 

9 hours ago, DEKEM said:

I read somewhere that for first timers, it's 2 months.  but for those who are renewing a retirement visa extension, it is 3 months.

That was eliminated on March 1st of this year when the police order was changed. It is 2 months for every extension of stay application now.