Italian expat on Koh Phangan arrested after 500 ecstasy pills sent to him in the post

webfact

Italian expat on Koh Phangan arrested after 500 ecstasy pills sent to him in the post

GF04.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

An Italian man has been arrested after a large quantity of ecstasy pills were found stashed inside a package mailed to him from the Netherlands. 

Police said the arrest came after customs officials inspected a package addressed to the Italian man.

Inside they found the 500 ecstasy pills hidden inside packets of instant noodles.

A warrant was then obtained to search the man’s house on Koh Phangan, where he lived with his wife and 5 year old daughter.

During the search, police also discovered 15.770 grams of methamphetamine.

The man faces charges of illegal drug possession with intent to supply.

He is currently being held at Koh Phangan police station pending further legal proceedings.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-23

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Who would send instant noodles to Thailand? That would raise suspicion immediately.

Who would send drugs from a EU country to Thailand?!? I'm not familiar with dtreet prices, but bet the stuff is cheaper locally.

4 minutes ago, onlycw said:

Who would send drugs from a EU country to Thailand?!? I'm not familiar with dtreet prices, but bet the stuff is cheaper locally.

Not sure if ecstasy is readily available here. Make a killing at those full moon parties.

4 minutes ago, onlycw said:

They cost 2 euro each in Holland.

I don't know the RRP in KPG, but for proper E's in the land of dirty yabaa, perhaps 300 baht?

100k+ baht profit if so.

Selling to backpackers at 500thb, 200k+ profit.

If 1k baht, almost half a million profit.

I don't know the RRP in KPG, but would wager it's not less than 300b, and more than likely quite a bit more. 

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not sure if ecstasy is readily available here. Make a killing at those full moon parties.

Yeah.

Someone living there with a pill press could make a killing making fake ones with caffeine powder. 30 mins on the beach then run and hid back in their house for the rest of the night. 

Inside they found the 500 ecstasy pills hidden inside packets of instant noodles.

You've got to pay for stupidity. How can anybody send instant noodles to the Land of instant noodles having more than 15 g of speed in his house awaiting the post delivery????

Ridiculous, he's right to hide his face behind something.

The 2019 Wurlitzer prize goes to Mr. Italiano. 

3 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

I don't know the RRP in KPG, but for proper E's in the land of dirty yabaa, perhaps 300 baht?

100k+ baht profit if so.

I don't know the RRP in KPG, but would wager it's not less than 300b, and more than likely quite a bit more. 

I'm sure you get them cheaper, a Euro or so, when you buy more at the right address without middlemen. 

14 minutes ago, onlycw said:

Nope, people sell pills with caffeine and other substances as ecstasy, but the ripped off people can hardly go to the cops, could they?

Better to drink a few Espressos, methinks. 

42 minutes ago, ed strong said:

I mean its one thing getting drugs sent to your address, its another to already have 15g of meth there too.

5yr old daughter and wife, what a complete moron.

Look like Mr. Naomi Cometto like the drug himself. Have the Ice skin.

Lovely guy.

7264F569-BC05-4478-9899-4441BC648D34.jpeg

5D53865F-4918-42EA-8E02-618D7C5E2037.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

100k+ baht profit if so.

800 baht per ecstasy pill...that was back in 2011 on Koh Phangan.

59 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

How would the buyer know they're getting the real thing? I think it would be almost impossible to get a premium price from punters in LOS, because every 'vendor' is going to say their drugs are legit. 

That said, seeing the pictures of him it doesn't look like economics would be his strong suit...

16 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

100k+ baht profit if so.

Proper E goes for far higher in Thailand, i once asked prices i was shocked. Really worth wile to import if you don't get caught. Not worth the risk for me dealers almost always get caught.

16 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

100k+ baht profit if so.

500 to 1000 each 

16 hours ago, ed strong said:

I mean its one thing getting drugs sent to your address, its another to already have 15g of meth there too.

5yr old daughter and wife, what a complete moron.

What an absurd comment. All recreational drug users have families. If they are dealers that us how they support their dependants.

Supposing someone got your address and sent you a load of drugs through the post to your Thai address? What would happen to you....and your family?

Archived