Italian expat on Koh Phangan arrested after 500 ecstasy pills sent to him in the post

webfact

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

My mum and bff do send me instant noodles from my home country becox i miss taste from home. Never had anyone suspicuous of me coz its really just noodles.

My comment was tongue in cheek.

42 minutes ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

My mum and bff do send me instant noodles from my home country becox i miss taste from home. Never had anyone suspicuous of me coz its really just noodles.

What if somebody sends you some drugs and noodles? 

A bit difficult to explain that you don't do drugs when you look like him. 

20 hours ago, madmen said:

Easy to set anyone up. post drugs and tip off the bib. if the guy had no drugs already at home  then he could deny deny deny everything. Not easy to prove anything

Standard MO is to include 'hope this is a nice surprise'.. in any country that follows the law, this provides evidence that the recipient was not aware it was coming. 

Of course here judges can just do as the please without effective challenge. 

23 hours ago, cmsally said:

Rather disturbing to hear that you could be arrested for something you receive in the post. Would make it unbelievably easy to set anyone up.

No it’s not. Most countries scan dubious mail in their mail exchanges (you know.. Border Security stuff). The same would happen in Europe or Australia or Japan, etc.. He could have ordered Gouda cheese instead of noodles ????

8 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Supposing someone got your address and sent you a load of drugs through the post to your Thai address? What would happen to you....and your family?

A new car, motorcycle, iPhone, nose or boob job... the list could be long.

1 hour ago, Elzear said:

No it’s not. Most countries scan dubious mail in their mail exchanges (you know.. Border Security stuff). The same would happen in Europe or Australia or Japan, etc.. He could have ordered Gouda cheese instead of noodles ????

95% of parcels are not checked. You can send any drug even to USA and you will never be caught.

Anybody must be really stupid to think that any cops in the world can can anybody without snitches talking.

And to people who wish lifetime jail to someone who sells X, I wish heroin drug addiction to your kids and families, so you will understand the difference maybe...

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I'm not sure why local dealers would use mail from Europe to set someone up as another poster suggested.

Would have to agree, if the local dealers wanted to get rid of him they could have just shot him with one bullet.

Would have saved a lot on postage.

On 10/23/2019 at 1:54 AM, Isaanbiker said:

I'm sure you get them cheaper, a Euro or so, when you buy more at the right address without middlemen. 

Two friends once met those girls on the beach. The girls wanna try snort some cocaine for the first. Since my friends did not have access to any, they decided to have some fun. They invited the girls to their room and show them some white powder, that was in reality salt. They were watching the girls snorting the "cocaine" and laughing their ass off. They would ask the girls if they were feeling high and they would answer. "Ohh Yes, I can already  feel it"

On 10/23/2019 at 4:14 PM, cmsally said:

Rather disturbing to hear that you could be arrested for something you receive in the post. Would make it unbelievably easy to set anyone up.

I was about to post "what an idiot" the Italian is - until I read and considered your post. I would have to agree. It would be very easy to set anyone up. Often we are quick to judge when we should consider all angles first.

10 minutes ago, elektrified said:

I was about to post "what an idiot" the Italian is - until I read and considered your post. I would have to agree. It would be very easy to set anyone up. Often we are quick to judge when we should consider all angles first.

I don't see how they could charge him for possession as it seems to have never reached him. Proof of purchase? No mention made of credit card payments etc. There was a small amount of something found at his home but personally I would have an open mind on that issue.

The majority of posters seem to have found him guilty because of his appearance, so god forbid that any of us looks like we might be that way inclined. The whole concept is something that does seem a little troubling especially for those with a few enemies.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:38 AM, cmsally said:

I don't see how they could charge him for possession as it seems to have never reached him. Proof of purchase? No mention made of credit card payments etc. There was a small amount of something found at his home but personally I would have an open mind on that issue.

The majority of posters seem to have found him guilty because of his appearance, so god forbid that any of us looks like we might be that way inclined. The whole concept is something that does seem a little troubling especially for those with a few enemies.

@cmsally You are making some valid points. But letting him go easily is not the answer either. IMHO, it would be have been more correct to monitor if he receives the parcel or picks it up from the post office after a notification and if he keeps it after opening it. That would be an acceptable effort for the police before locking someone up for many years.

Also, we have no idea why the package was intercepted. Maybe he was on the radar already?

Archived